Kumage Subprefecture's location in Kagoshima Prefecture
Subprefectural Government office, Nishinoomote
Kumage Subprefecture (熊毛支庁 Kumage-shichō) is a subprefecture of Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan. The subprefectural office is located in Nishinoomote.
It includes the following cities and towns on the Ōsumi Islands:
- Kumage Subprefecture
- Yakushima Office
- 1889: These area, formerly governed by Ōshima Subprefecture, were succeeded by Kumage and Gomu District Governments.
- 1897: Gomu District was merged into Kumage District.
- 1926: Kumage Subprefecture was founded on the corresponding area.
- Kumage Subprefecture: 7590 Nishinoomote, Nishinoomote-shi, Kagoshime-ken. 891-3192
- Kumage Subprefecture Yakushima Office: 650 Anbō, Yakushima-machi, Kumage-gun, Kagoshime-ken. 891-4311
- Kumage Educational Office: 7590 Nishinoomote, Nishinoomote-shi, Kagoshime-ken. 891-3192
30°44′03″N 130°59′45″E / 30.734169°N 130.99575°ECoordinates: 30°44′03″N 130°59′45″E / 30.734169°N 130.99575°E