Bipin Tripathi Kumaon Institute of Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Dwarahat, Uttarakhand, India
Situated in the picturesque city of Dwarahaat, "Kumaon Institute of Technology, formerly Kumaon Engineering College ('KEC), is an autonomous engineering and technology institute in the Almora district in state of Uttarakhand, India. The college was established by the government of Uttar Pradesh in 1986 and started functioning in 1991. Now the institute is named after the renowned activist Bipin Chandra Tripathi. It is financed by the government of Uttarakhand and managed by the Board of Governors with the Minister of Technical Education Government of Uttarakhand as the Chairman and Secretary of Technical Education as Vice-Chairman. The Director is the member Secretary of Board of Governors. Originally affiliated to Kumaun University, it is now affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University.
The college is in the hilly region of Dwarahat on Kathgodam-Ranikhet-Karnprayag National Highway (87-E), about 30 km from Ranikhet and about 3 km from Dwarahat near Gaucher village. The nearest railway station is at Kathgodam (118 km).
The college is spread over an area of 155 acres (0.6 km2) at an altitude of 1450 meter in a quiet, congenial, hilly and pollution-free environment with a picturesque views. The summer is pleasant with a max of 30 °C for a few weeks; for rest of the time, the weather remains cool.
The Dunagiri Temple and the Panduakhal Temple are at the outskirts of Dwarahat. The Dunagiri temple has an importance form the period of Ramayana, when Lord Hanuman was taking the Drona mountain for the Laxman (brother of Lord Ram) a small piece of that mountain was dropped in this region. The Dunagiri Temple was built on the peak of that piece.
The institute is administered by an Autonomous Society named as “BIPIN TRIPATHI KUMAUN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Dwarahat Society” which is registered under Societies Registration Act. The memorandum of association, society rules, bye-laws and employees conduct rules are duly approved by the Uttarakhand state government. The institute enjoys freedom with regard to internal administration and functioning.
The Administration Section of BT KIT,Dwarahat is headed by Registrar and function under the overall supervision of the Principal.
The following functions/duties being performed by the Administration Section
1. All Establishment matters pertaining to the teaching and non teaching employees of the Institute.
2. Maintenance of their Service Books and Personal Files of all employees.
3. Legal cases.
4. Disciplinary cases.
5. Conducting of meetings of Board of Governors and KEC Society.
6. Recruitment of regular, adhoc and contract employees and maintenance of Roster Register.
7. Processing of Career Advancement and Assured Career Progression Cases.
8. Printing of Advertisements on behalf of the Institute..
9. Central Dispatch work.
10. Vigilance cases.
The college has various departments that offer 7 B.Tech Degree programs in Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio-chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering & Chemical Engineering.
The College provides 3 M.Tech Degrees programs in VLSI (ECE), Thermal Engineering (ME) and Computer Science & Engineering (CSE). The institute is also offers 3 years degree program in Master of Computer Applications.
The college has started offering the Doctor of Philosophy degree (Ph.D.) as part of its doctoral education programme in several disciplines from July 2016.
The national-level techfest Aarohan was being organised in the odd semester every year.
The college has eight departments:
- Applied Science
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The college has a Central Library, which is open access. Students and staff have access to a large number of books and journals, besides many competitive and technical magazines. The library is procuring about 14 international journals and 50 national journals.
The college has ten boys and girls hostels and one transit hostel. One boys hostel (180 single seated) is under construction. The following are the hostels in KEC:
- Aravali Hostel [90 X 2] BTech, final year boys
- Trishul Hostel [25 X 2], MCA First Year Boys and M.Tech Boys
- Nanda Devi Hostel [60 X 3] BTech, Second year boys
- Shivalik Hostel [30 X 2] BTech, First Year Boys
- Gaumukh Hostel [60 X 3] BTech, First Year Boys
- Gangotri Hostel [60 X 3] BTech, Final Year Girls
- Kailash Hostel [120 X 2] BTech, final and second year boys
- Yamunotri Hostel [60 X 2] MCA, Pre-Final Year and BE Second year girls
- Nalanda Hostel [60 X 1] First Year Girls Hostel Transit Hostel [60 X 1] First Year Girls
- Vindhayanchal hostel [125 X 1] BTech, Third Year
- New Boys Hostel [120 X 1] MCA Final Year and BE Third year
- Saraswati hostel MCA Pre-Final Year Girls and BTech, Pre-Final Year Girls
There are 5000+ alumni spread across the world who have fueled growth of the nation, Indian and multinational companies.
- "HOW TO REACH". kecua.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Administration | Bipin Tripathi Kumaon Institute of Technology, Dwarahat". kecua.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Phd Notice" (PDF).