|Vanderbilt Commodores – No. 80|
|Born: November 22, 1999|
|Career highlights and awards|
Rocker attended North Oconee High School in Bogart, Georgia. As a junior in 2017, he had a 1.63 earned run average (ERA) with 68 strikeouts in 55 2⁄3 innings. During the Summer 2017, he played in the Under Armour All-America Baseball Game and Perfect Game All-American Classic. Later in the summer, he played for the USA Baseball 18U National Team.
Rocker committed to Vanderbilt University to play college baseball. He was considered one of the top prospects for the 2018 Major League Baseball draft, but was not selected until the 38th round by the Colorado Rockies, falling due to signability concerns. As a result, he enrolled at Vanderbilt in the Fall of 2018.
On June 8, 2019, Rocker became the first pitcher ever to throw a no-hitter in the Super Regional round of the 2019 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. He had 19 strikeouts as Vanderbilt beat Duke 3–0.
His father, Tracy Rocker, played in the National Football League (NFL). His maternal grandparents immigrated to the United States from India. His parents met when his mother was a student at the University of Maryland and his father was playing for the Washington Redskins.
- Perfect Game participants get taste of majors
- Sanchez, Jesse (January 15, 2018). "Big prospect soaks up wisdom at Dream Series". Mlb.com. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "Rocker's summer full of travel, World Cup". Oconeeenterprise.com. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Matthew Caldwell (November 8, 2017). "North Oconee's Kumar Rocker signs with Vanderbilt to play baseball". Onlineathens.com. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "ALL-USA Watch: Top baseball prospect Kumar Rocker still weighing decision to go pro or go to Vanderbilt". Usatodayhss.com. May 1, 2018. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "MLB.com 2018 Prospect Watch | MLB.com". M.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "AOTW: Rocker pitching and hitting to help guide Titans to playoffs". Oconeeenterprise.com. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "MLB Draft Tracker". MLB.com. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "Vanderbilt freshman Kumar Rocker pitches first no-hitter in NCAA Super Regional history". The Tennessean. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
- "Rocker officially signs with Vanderbilt". Oconeeenterprise.com. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Sparks, Adam (June 8, 2019). "Vanderbilt baseball: Why Kumar Rocker listened to mom, chose Commodores over big MLB payday". The Tennessean. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Vanderbilt Commodores bio
- Kumar Rocker on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|