|Kumara Thirimadura |
April 17, 1969
Moratuwa, Colombo, Sri Lanka
|Education||Prince of Wales College, Moratuwa|
|Occupation||Actor, Journalist, Producer, Singer, Screen Play Writer|
Amanda Thirimadura |
Best Actor In A Supporting Role|
Kumara Thirimadura (born April 17, 1969 as කුමාර තිරිමාදුර) [Sinhala]) is an award-winning actor in Sri Lankan cinema, stage drama and television. Highly versatile actor from drama to comedy, he is an actor, singer, journalist by profession. He along with Sarath Kothalawala won the Award for the Best Screenplay at Derana Lux Film Awards in 2014 for Thanha Rathi Ranga movie. He is considered as one of five actors who have dominated the Sri Lankan Stage by critics.
Born on April 17, 1969, Thirimadura is a past student of Prince of Wales College, Moratuwa. He has four elder sisters - Sandya, Udya, Ramya, Soumya and one elder sister Kosala, one younger sister Bhagya and one younger brother Chamila.
He won many awards at school level through many theatre works, which gave him boost to the career. But, before turning in to acting career, he worked 14 years as a journalist of Divaina Newspaper. His journalist career stood even after the acting, but he allocated full-time towards acting as his profession. Tissa Gunawardana was his first teacher in drama and theater. Thirimadura first appeared in Street theatres directed by Gamini Haththotuwegama, while he had his first stage play Sakalajana by Dhamma Jagoda.
Thirimadura has acted in about 80 stage plays, ten films and several tele dramas. Nowadays he is seen in popular stage plays like Balloth Ekka Be, Balloth Ekka Be 2, Charithe Horu Aran, Ko Kukko, Nari Burathi, Ang Awoo, and Deiyoth Danne Ne.
Along with Gihan Fernando, Thirimadura engaged in a stage play Giha Saha Kuma.
Thirimadura is an A-grade singer at Sri Lanka Radio Corporation. Though he has not released his solo songs until recently, he has said that he had to sacrifice his early career entirely for the drama and films. He is a die-hard fan of Victor Rathnayake.
On 31 March 2017, Thirimadura performed a musical show at Maharagama Youth Society Hall at 7pm. He titled his show as Kumaraya Man - Deveni Gamana. At the show, he launched his 14-songs music album Ae Mata Adarei as well.
Following list is the songs of Kumara Thirimadura.
- (01) Adannata Epa
- (02) Lapalu Dalu
- (03) Mata Asai
- (04) Paata Paata Mal Gode
- (05) Paalu Gathiya
- (06) Seethala Udaye
- (07) Me Udakki Kolama
- (08) Malabe Kiyu Kisiveku
- (09) Ae Mata Adarei
- (10) Man Boralle Ae Badulle
While working on with theatre works and journalism, his fellow mate Jayantha Chandrasiri invited him to take part in his teledrama Akala Sandhya, which is Thirimadura's first television screen. Since then, he acted more than 50 teledramas across genre.
Thirimadura presented program Maarai Hirai telecasted on TV Derana and program Rasoghaya telecasting on Siyatha TV accompany with Mihira Sirithilaka. On ITN, he currently presents the program called Thirimadura Oba Amathai.
- Akaala Sandya
- Herda Sakshiya
- Raja Kaduwa
- Isuru Sangramaya
- Sihina Tawuma
- Sihina Puraya
- Adare Ahasa Tharam
- Gini Avi Saha Gini Keli
- On Ataka Nataka
- Sabba Sakala Manaa
- Dadakeli Arana
- Jodu Gedara
- Maama Haa Ma
- Ahas Maliga
- Gaga Laga Gedara
- Best Actor award - State Drama Festival - 2005
- Merit Award - Sumathi Awards - 2011
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role – Gamani - 1st Derana Film Award - 2012
- Best Screenplay Writer – Thanha Rathi Raga - 3rd Derana Lux Film Award - 2014
- Merit Award - Sumathi Awards - 2017
- Jury Award - Sumathi Awards - 2017
- Merit Award - Grahambell Wath Sithuwada - Raigam Tele'es - 2017
Thirimadura started his film career with Julietge Bumikawa back in 1998, directed by Jackson Anthony. Through that, he performed many dramatic and comedy roles in more than 25+ films up to 2016. Apart from acting, he was also the Production Manager of film Sonduru Dadabima, released in 2003 and screenplay writer of film Thanha Rathi Ranga. The role in this film highly praised by the critics and was a commercial hit as well.
- No. denotes the Number of Sri Lankan film in the Sri Lankan cinema.
|1998||902||Julietge Bhumikawa (ජුලියට්ගේ භූමිකාව)|
|2003||1015||Sonduru Dadabima (සොඳුරු දඩබිම)||Arnold|
|2005||1047||Ira Madiyama (ඉර මැදියම)||Checkpoint officer|
|2007||1092||Sikuru Hathe (සිකුරු හතේ)|
|2008||1106||Rosa Kale (රෝස කැලේ)||Percy|
|2008||1107||Walapatala (වලාපටල)||uncredited role|
|2009||1126||Ekamath Eka Rateka (එකමත් එක රටෙක)|
|2009||1128||Akasa Kusum (ආකාස කුසුම්)||Karaoke client|
|2010||1134||Uththara (උත්තරා)||Security officer|
|2010||1139||Suwanda Denuna Jeewithe (සුවඳ දැනුණා ජීවිතේ)||Guest appearance|
|2010||1144||Ira Handa Yata (ඉර හඳ යට)||Captain|
|2011||1155||Angara Dangara (අඟර දඟර)||Simon|
|2011||1158||King Hunther (කින් හන්තර්)||Meththananda|
|2011||1160||Gamani (ගාමණි)||Sergeant Ranasinghe|
|2013||1185||Bomba Saha Rosa (බෝම්බ හා රෝස)|
|2013||1190||Nikini Vassa (නිකිණි වැස්ස)|
|2013||1192||Ran Kevita 2 (රන් කෙවිට 2)||Supermarket thief|
|2013||1195||Seetha Man Awa (සීතා මං ආවා)|
|2014||1209||Parapura (පරපුර)||Adopted father|
|2014||1213||Thanha Rathi Ranga (තණ්හා රතී රඟා)||Wimal|
|2014||1217||Ko Mark No Mark (කෝ මාක් නෝ මාක්)||Mark's neighbour|
|2014||1218||Api Marenne Na (අපි මැරෙන්නේ නෑ)||Mangala Pushpakumara|
|2015||1236||Lantin Singho (ලැන්ටිං සිංඤ්ඤෝ)||Wimale|
|2016||1256||Motor Bicycle (මෝටර් බයිසිකල්)||Three-wheel driver|
|2016||1257||Maya 3D (මායා 3D)||Maya's father|
|2016||1258||Sujatha Puthra (සුජාත පුත්ර)||Mudalali|
|2016||1259||The Rainbow (රන් දේදුන්නක්)||Victor|
|2017||1276||Ali Kathawa (අලි කතාව)|
|2017||1282||Dharmayuddhaya (ධර්මයුද්ධය)||PC Wimal|
|2018||Madhura Charika (මධුර චාරිකා)|
|2018||Yama Raja Siri (යම රජ සිරි)||Yama Raja's assistant|
|2018||Raigamayai Gampalayai (රයිගමයයි ගම්පළයයි)||Gampalaya|
|TBD||Kondadeniye Hamuduruwo (කොණ්ඩදෙණියේ හාමුදුරුවෝ)|
|TBD||Hora Uncle (හොරා අංකල්)|
|TBD||Wali Pawuru (වැලි පවුරු)|
|TBD||Miss Jennis (මිස් ජෙනිස්)|
|TBD||Nidahase Piya DS (නිදහසේ පියා ඩී. එස්.)|
- "Kumara Thirimadura". National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Kumara Thirimadura bio". Rate your music. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Mini Bio (1)". imdb. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "I Was Given Only To 2 Peices of Bread To Eat Some Days - Kumara Thirimadura". GOSSIP99. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Five Actors who have dominated the Sri Lankan Stage". Munchee daily. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Thirimadura lost his beloved mother". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Kumara Thirimadura: Journalist turned actor". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "'Balloth Ekka 2' on popular demand". Sunday Times. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- "'Charithe Horu Aran' A play, a political satire". Sunday Times. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "News Paper movie shooting will start on next January – Kumara Thirimadura". Music Online. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Kumaraya Mang Musical Show of Kumara Thirimadura - 31 දා සවස මහරගම දී හම්බ වෙමු ද?". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "Tale of Malabe Kiyu Kisiweku". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "කුමාර තිරිමාදුර - ගුරුන්නාන්සේ". mahasamayama. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Teledrama හෘද සාක්ෂිය". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Sapumali shooting commences". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Nalan's next teledrama". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Sihina Tawuma on Rupavahini". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Sihina Puraya on location". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Muthu and Menaka as lovers in Adare Ahasa Tharam". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Cinematic creation becomes teledrama". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Dadakeli Arana on ITN". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Maama Haa Ma shooting completed". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Sumathi Awards 2017". Sarasaviya.
- "Raigam Tele'es 2016 award winners". Sarasaviya.
- "Kumara Thirimadura filmography". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Sri Lankan Cinema History". National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Aksharaya (2005)". imdb. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "How a noble man became a gangster". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Madhura Charika". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Director in many roles". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "Raigamayay Gampalayay trailer released". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Veerja brings last act of Jude". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Siritunga gives life to Kondadeniye Hamuduruwo". Daily News. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Mission to save Sally - plot of Hora Uncle". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Tale of Melisha and Sisira at Elders Home - plot of Wali Pawuru". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- "Latest Beauty in Sri Lankan silver screen - Miss Jennis". Sarasaviya. Retrieved 25 May 2018.