Kumarganj (community development block)
কুমারগঞ্জ সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||286.90 km2 (110.77 sq mi)|
|• Density||590/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kumarganj|
Kumarganj (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Kumarganj police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Gopalganj.
Kumarganj is located at.
Gram panchayats of Kumarganj block/ panchayat samiti are:
As per 2011 Census of India Kumarganj CD Block had a total population of 169,102 all of which were rural. There were 87,098 males and 82,004 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 43,840 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 28,769.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Kumarganj CD Block was 112,095 out of which 61,645 were males and 50,452 were females.
Kumarganj, bhour, safanagar, churoil Krishnapur, deor, satipukur, samjhia, jakhirpur, Nabagram, Basanti, Thalsama, Rainanda, Mohona hut, batun, danga, Ramkrishna pur,
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4" (PDF). Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.