Kumble R. Subbaswamy
|Kumble R. Subbaswamy|
|11th Chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Amherst|
July 1, 2012
|Preceded by||Robert Holub|
|Born||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
Early life and education
Subbaswamy was born in the city of Bangalore, Karnataka in India. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from Bangalore University, a Master of Science in Physics from University of Delhi, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Physics from Indiana University Bloomington.
He served as Research associate in the Department of Physics at University of California, Irvine from 1976 to 1978. He later joined as Assistant Professor at University of Kentucky in 1978 and rose to become the Chair of the Department of Physics and Astronomy from 1993 to 1997.
He later served as the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in the Department of Physics at both University of Miami and Indiana University Bloomington. He then served as the provost of University of Kentucky.
Books, Research Papers and Journals
Kumble Subbaswamy is a published author and coauthor of several books, research papers and journals.
- Local Density Theory of Polarizability (Physics of Solids and Liquids) (Publisher: Springer, Publication Year: 1st ed. 1990 edition (December 31, 2013); ISBN 978-1489924889).
- "Biography of Chancellor Subbaswamy". University of Massachusetts Amherst. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "UMass Amherst Inaugurates Kumble Subbaswamy as Chancellor". University of Massachusetts Amherst. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Official Curriculum Vitae of Chancellor Subbaswamy" (PDF). University of Massachusetts Amherst. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Biography of Chancellor Subbaswamy". University of Massachusetts Amherst. Archived from the original on 1 November 2016.
- "Kumble R. Subbaswamy, College of Arts and Sciences: IU Bloomington". Indiana University Bloomington. Archived from the original on 1 November 2016.
- Official website - University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Biography - University of Massachusetts Amherst
Robert C. Holub
|Chancellor of University of Massachusetts Amherst
1 July 2012 - present