|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Total||36.9 km2 (14.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||285 m (935 ft)|
|• Density||950/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Chhattisgarhi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kumhari is a town located in Dhamdha tehsil of durg district in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. Kumhari is a Nagar Palika Parishad and situated at durg district and raipur district border beside kharun river.
Kumhari is located at  It has an average elevation of 285 metres (935 feet). Area: 36.9 km² Density: 949.7 inh./km²  – Change: +1.65%/year [2001 → 2011].
Kumhari is divided in 24 wards. Kumhari municipal corporation had controlled kumhari town and also controlled 5 villages named Kugda, Rampur, janjgiri, parsada, pahanda.As of 2011[update] India census, Kumhari had a population of 35,044. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kumhari has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 54%. In Kumhari, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places of interest
- Mahamaya Temple: There is an old temple of goddess Mahamaya.The beautiful Maa Mahamaya Devi Mandir in Kumhari town is another popular religious attraction. Tourists and devotees from near and far off places visit this temple to offer prayers and seek goddess Mahamaya's blessings.
- Kevalya Dham: Jain temple of white marble is on NH 6 and is a place of tourist attraction. Kevalya Dham is a popular Jain tourist pilgrim attraction located in Kumhari town. The site is also known as Sri Adinath Jain Shwetambar Tirth which boasts of having a collection of small and big Jain temples magnificently built with marbles. Tourists and devotees from far off places in India visit these temples on a regular basis.
- Kharun River: Kharun River - Tributory of Shivnath river that empties into Mahanadi river.
- Sai Dham: Sai dham is shridi sai baba tempal located at NH 6 kumhari.
In kumhari multipal Schools and Colleges are presented which provide quality education in town.
List of Schools:
- Govt. Higher Secondary School Kumhari
- Bharti Vidyalaya Kumhari
- Vidya Jyoti Higher Secondary School Kumhari
- Mansarowar School Janjgiri
- Vishva Vedanta School Kumhari
List of Colleges:
- Shri Rawatpura Sarkar Pharmacy College
- Shri Rawatpura Sarkar B.Ed college
- ICFAI University
Kumhari has different types of industries which provides employment to peoples of nearby areas.
Some major Industries are-
- Kedia Castle Industries Limited.
- Yugbodh Digital Prints Kumhari.
- The Dharamsi Morarji Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Kontinental Steel Korporation.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kumhari
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|