|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Total||36.9 km2 (14.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||285 m (935 ft)|
|• Density||950/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Chhattisgarhi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kumhari is a city located in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It is a part of the Durg district of the state. It is situated at the twenty-one degrees and sixteen minutes north latitude. Its longitudinal position is eighty-one degrees and thirty-one minutes east. It is situated at an average elevation of 284 meters above the sea level.
Kumhari is located in Dhamdha tehsil of durg district in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. Kumhari is a Nagar Palika Parishad and situated at durg district and raipur district border beside kharun river.
The nearest city to Kumhari in Durg is Bhilai. It is situated at a distance of 5.5 nm towards the west of the Kumhari city. Raipur, the capital city of the state is located towards the east of this Chhattisgarh city. Kumhari's distance from Raipur is about 6.8 nm. The other nearby towns are Jamul and Banbarad situated towards the west of the Kumhari city of Durg. While its distance from the town of Jamul is 6.6 nm, Banbarad is situated 9 nm away from the city of Kumhari. Towards the north of the Kumhari city are the towns of Dharsinwa and Kusmi situated at a distance of 11.7 nm and 15 nm respectively. The city of Mandhar in Raipur district is situated at a distance of 10.6 nm towards the east of the city of Kumhari. The city of Patan is situated 14 nm away towards the south of Kumhari, Chhattisgarh.
The nearest airport to this Chhattisgarh city is the one located in [Raipur] Swami vivekanand airport.
Kumhari is located at  It has an average elevation of 285 metres (935 feet). Area: 36.9 km2 Density: 949.7 inh./km2  – Change: +1.65%/year [2001 → 2011].
Kumhari is divided in 24 wards. Kumhari municipal corporation had controlled kumhari town and also controlled 5 villages named Kugda, Rampur, janjgiri, parsada, pahanda.As of 2011[update] India census, Kumhari had a population of 45000. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kumhari has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 54%. In Kumhari, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.KUMHARI IS BEST my life my house in kumhari maa mahamaya temple ÷
Places of interest
- Kevalya Dham: Jain temple of white marble is on NH 6 and is a place of tourist attraction. Kevalya Dham is a popular Jain tourist pilgrim attraction located in Kumhari town. The temple is also known as Sri Adinath Jain Shwetambar Tirth collection of 26 small and big Jain temples magnificently built with marbles. The temple enshrines the idols of all 24 Tirthankars in small temples with one large temple complex with idol of Rishabhdev. On the corner wall within the shrine carries a detailed description of Sri Shatrunjay Maha Tirtha. A dadabari is also present near this temple. This Temple also has a dharamshala equipped with all modern facilities. Tourists and devotees from far off places in India visit these temples on a regular basis.
- Mahamaya Temple: There is an old temple of goddess Mahamaya.The beautiful Maa Mahamaya Devi Mandir in Kumhari town is another popular religious attraction. Tourists and devotees from near and far off places visit this temple to offer prayers and seek goddess Mahamaya's blessings.
- Kharun River: Kharun River is a tributary of Shivnath river that empties into Mahanadi river.
- Sai Dham: Sai dham is shridi sai baba tempal located at NH 6 kumhari.
In kumhari multipal Schools and Colleges are presented which provide quality education in town.
List of Schools:
- Govt. Higher Secondary School Kumhari
- Bharti Vidyalaya Kumhari
- Vidya Jyoti Higher Secondary School Kumhari
- Mansarowar School Janjgiri
- Vishva Vedanta School Kumhari
List of Colleges:
- Sandipany Academy, Achhoti, Kumhari-Ahiwara Road,
- Shri Rawatpura Sarkar Pharmacy College
- Shri Rawatpura Sarkar B.Ed college
- ICFAI University
Kumhari has different types of industries which provides employment to peoples of nearby areas and deals in Timber Products, Steel, iron, coal, Liquor and much more.
Some major Industries are-
- Kedia Castle Industries Limited
- Shukla Timber Mart
- Ayush Timber Company
- Vikas Timber Traders
- Yugbodh digital printing
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kumhari
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.