|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Theme music composer||
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1,208 as of 12 October 2018|
|Running time||approx. 21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Original release||15 April 2014– present|
|Related shows||Kundali Bhagya|
Kumkum Bhagya (Vermilion in my Fate) (International title: Twist of Fate) is a Hindi-language Indian soap opera. It premiered on 15 April 2014. and airs on weeknights on Zee TV. The show stars Sriti Jha and Shabir Ahluwalia in the lead roles, and is loosely based on the novel Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
The pivotal characters of this show are strong, feisty women, living together in an all-female matriarchal family. The series is produced and developed by Ekta Kapoor under the banner of Balaji Telefilms, and is directed by Sameer Kulkarni.
Due to Kumkum Bhagya's popularity, a spin-off series has been produced. Kundali Bhagya, which portrays the life of Pragya's long lost sisters, Preeta (Shraddha Arya) and Shrishti (Anjum Fakih) 
The story is about Pragya Arora (Sriti Jha), a humble teacher and a rock star Abhishek Mehra (Shabir Ahluwalia). Sarla Arora (Supriya Shukla) runs a marriage hall and lives with the hope of seeing her two daughters happily married. Pragya, the elder daughter, is practical, hardworking and teaches at a college. Bulbul (Mrunal Thakur), the younger daughter, is outgoing and has her head in the clouds. The show follows the lives of the two sisters and their hopes, dreams and aspirations.
The series begins with a short-lived love triangle between Pragya - Suresh Srivastav - Bulbul, leading to the cancellation of Pragya and Suresh engagement. In parallel, Abhishek is in a relationship with the supermodel, Tanushree. Purab Khanna, is Abhishek's best friend and music handler. Purab owns an advertising agency where he hires Bulbul. After some fights and misunderstandings, they confess their love for each other. But Abhi expects Purab to marry his sister, Aliya. However, in a bitter twist of fate, Aliya presumes Purab loves Pragya who has trapped him for money. Unfortunately Abhishek believes without listening to Purab. So Aliya, Abhishek and Tanu plots revenge. Abhi's Dadi has met and liked Pragya so for revenge Abhi agrees to marry Pragya.
Post-marriage, Pragya realizes the truth and accepts the blame to protect Bulbul. On the day the marriage is fixed for Purab and Aliya, Purab abandons Aliya and marries Bulbul. Various situations and circumstances bring Abhishek and Pragya closer. Realising the wrongdoings of Aliya and Tanushree, Abhishek reconciles with Purab and Bulbul. Desperate to get Abhishek back, Tanushree fakes a DNA report to imply that he is the father of her unborn child, which is actually the result of a one-night stand between her and Nikhil. Pragya realises the truth but suffers an accident and is declared dead, before she could reveal the truth to Abhishek.
The story takes a 2-month leap and Pragya returns to exact revenge on her wrongdoers. In the meantime, jealousy and hatred begins to grow in the relationship of Bulbul, Purab, and Aliya. Bulbul risks her life and dies while saving Pragya from Aliya. The season ends with Pragya exposing Tanushree and winning back Abhishek's trust. They propose each other. However, Abhishek gets into an accident and loses his memory. He forgets the last two-and-a-half years of his life, including Pragya. She leaves Abhishek for his protection but does not divorce him.
To save Kumkum Bhagya Marriage Hall, Pragya begins to work as a receptionist at the Love Life Music Company, where she meets Abhishek again and begins to form a deep friendship. Taking advantage of his memory loss, Aliya schemes to get Tanushree married to Abhishek. Pragya and Abhishek fall in love but he is compelled to marry Tanushree as her mother's last wish to see her daughter happy. Nikhil kidnaps Pragya on the day of Abhishek's wedding and he leaves the rituals to save her. Abhishek regains his memory, marries Pragya again, but loses her soon after when goons hired by Nikhil shoots her, and she falls into the dam.
A couple of weeks pass, Abhishek is still searching for Pragya, and comes across a villager named Munni, who is Pragya's lookalike. Abhishek takes Munni home to save her from terrorist attacks. Aliya blackmails Munni into helping them. Pragya returns to Mumbai after being in coma, meets Munni, and swaps places to enter the Mehra household. In the meantime, Purab meets Disha. After Disha confesses her love, Purab feels guilty about still loving Bulbul and decides to give her the love she deserves and they consummate their marriage. Pragya saves Abhishek's life multiple times from a mysterious woman who turns out to be Simonika, his secretary. She wants revenge from Abhishek for killing Dushyant, her husband. Her plans go awry and she is arrested. She escapes police and reaches Mehra house. Tanushree deals with Simonika to spare Abhishek's life and kill Pragya instead.
In a major showdown and season closure, Dadi succumbs to bullet injuries suffered at the hands of Simonika, while Pragya was on her way with police to the factory where Simonika was supposed to be hiding. Dadi feared for Pragya's safety and reached the factory beforehand to confront Simonika. Both Aliya and Abhishek holds Pragya responsible for the family's misfortunes and banishes her from their lives. A devastated and grief-stricken Pragya is shown attempting suicide by jumping from the top of a cliff.
7 years later
All the dynamics between the people have changed. The Mehra family resides in New Delhi - Abhishek is married to Tanushree, Aliya manages Abhishek's career, the friendship between Aliya and Tanushree mysteriously ended, and Purab and Disha have a son, Sunny. On the other hand, Pragya resides in the United Kingdom as the manager of King Singh, a London-based rapper, and has a daughter, Kiara. King and Pragya shares a bond of mutual respect. Abhishek still holds Pragya responsible for Dadi's death and Pragya still believes it.
Fate conspires, and both King and Abhishek receives a contract to work on a world music album from a Delhi-based organizer. King, Pragya, and Kiara come to New Delhi. Kiara meets Abhishek, and they form a deep bond, unknowing that she is his daughter. As circumstances unfurl, Pragya and Abhishek come face-to-face, and he further blames Pragya for not putting in the effort to save their marriage sever years prior and for marrying King. Disha and Purab realise that Kiara is Abhishek and Pragya's daughter but hold the information from Abhishek.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Surely with 1160+ episodes there must have been more than two people indicated as Main cast. Main cast section should be expanded to include the myriad people who held the top spots, since we are trying to be an actual academic resource, not an extension of the Ze TV official website. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Sriti Jha as Pragya Sarla Arora, first born daughter of Raghuveer Arora and Sarla Arora, older sister of Bulbul, Preeta and Shristi, Kiara's mother, Purab's sister-in-law, Abhishek's former wife, and King's acting wife. (Pragya Abhishek Mehra) (2014–present)
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Abhishek Prem Mehra, Pragya's former husband and Kiara's birth father (2014–present)
- Mrunal Thakur as Bulbul Sarla Arora/Purab Khanna the second born daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora, Purab's first wife, Pragya's younger sister, and older sister of Preeta and Srishti (2014–2016) (dead)
- Arjit Taneja / Vin Rana as Purab Khanna, Bulbul's widower, Pragya's brother-in-law, Sarla's son-in-law, Abhishek's best friend, Sunny's father and Disha's husband. (2014–2016) (2016–present
- Ruchi Savarn as Disha Purab Khanna, Purab's second wife and Sunny's mother (2017–present)
- Mishal Raheja as King Singh, a profesional rapper who is Pragya's employer and acting husband, Kiara's legal father. (2018–presen)
- Kaurwakee Vasistha as Kiara Pragya Arora Singh, Pragya's daughter, Sarla Ma's granddaughter, niece of Bulbul, Preeta & Shrishti, Abhi's birth daughter, King's legal daughter. (2018–present)
- Shikha Singh as Aliya Mehra, Abhishek's younger sister (Antagonist) (2014–present)
- Leena Jumani as Tanushree Mehra, Abhishek's second wife (Antagonist) (2014–present)
- Daljeet Soundh as Daljeet Mehra (Dadi), former matriarch of the Mehra family, Abhi, Aliya, Raaj and Aakash's deceased grandmother. (2014–2018) (dead)
- Nikhil Arya / Rujut Dahiya / Shaad Randhawa as Nikhil Sood (Antagonist) (2015–present)
- Supriya Shukla as Sarla Raghuveer Arora, Raghuveer's widow and mother of Pragya, Bulbul, Preeta and Srishti. (2014–Present)
- Madhu Raja as Daljeet Arora grandmother of Pragya, Bulbul, Preeta and Srishti, and Raghuveer's mother. (2014–2018)
- Unknown as Janki, Arora family's housekeeper and Purvi's mother (2014–2018)
- Zareena Roshan Khan as Indu Suri (Dasi), Matriarch of the Mehra family; Abhishek, Raaj, Akaash and Aliya's cousin-grandmother (2014–present)
- Ajay Trehan as Ajay Mehra (Taau ji), Pammi's husband, Raaj and Akaash's father, Mitali and Rachna's father-in-law, and Abhishek and Aliya's uncle (2014–present)
- Shivaani Sopuri as Pammi Ajay Mehra (Taai ji), Ajay's wife, Raaj and Akaash's mother, Mitali and Rachna's mother-in-law, and Abhishek and Aliya's aunt (2014–present)
- Anurag Sharma as Raaj Ajay Mehra, the oldest son of Ajay and Pammi, Mitali's husband, Akaash's older brother, and Abhishek and Aliya's cousin (2014–present)
- Suwati Anand as Mitali Raaj Mehra, Raaj's wife, Ajay and Pammi's daughter-in-law, and Neha's (Bubbly's) mother (2014–present)
- Richa Rathore as Neha Mehra (Bubbly), Raaj and Mitaali's daughter (2018)
- Ravi Chauhan as Robin, Mehra family's loyal butler (2014–present)
- Madhurima Tuli as Tanushree Mehta (2014) (Replaced by Leena Jumani)
- Amit Dhawan as Raaj Ajay Mehra (2014) (Replaced)
- Samiksha Bhatnagar as Mitali Raaj Mehra (2014) (Replaced)
- Charu Mehra as Purvi, Janki's daughter and Pragya and Bulbul's namesake sister. She was falsely accused of Pragya's kidnapping, thus exiled from the Arora family (2014)
- Ankit Mohan as Akaash Ajay Mehra, the youngest son of Ajay and Pammi, Rachna's husband, Raaj's younger brother, Mitali's brother-in-law, and Abhishek and Aliya's cousin (2014–16)
- Aditi Rathore as Rachna Akaash Mehra (née Shrivaastav), Akaash's wife, Ajay and Pammi's daughter-in-law, Suresh's younger sister, and Abhishek, Aliya, and Raaj's sister-in-law (2014–16)
- Faisal Rashid as Suresh Shrivaastav, Rachna's older brother and Pragya's ex-fiancé (2014–15)
- Neha Bam as Mrs. Khanna, Poorab's aunt (2014–15)
- Neel Motwani as Corporator Neil Thakur (2014–15)
- Shubham Garg as Raaj (2015)
- Bobby Khanna as Mr. Mehta, Tanu's father (2015–17)
- Roma Lavani as Mrs. Mehta, Tanu's mother (2015–17)
- Gagan as Champak Das Trivedi (2016)
- Krystle D'Souza as a stranger who gives Pragya lift when the latter is in search of Abhishek (2016)
- Pratik Parihar as Manohar, Abhi's accountant who plotted a trap along with Aliya against Pragya (2016)
- Nitin Goswami as Dushyant Rana [Simonica's husband who was accidentally killed by Abhishek] (2017–18)
- Vivana Singh as Simonica Dushyant Rana, Dushyant's widow (2017–18) (jailed:for killing Dadi)
- Sharhaan Singh as Sangraam Singh Chautala, Disha's ex-fiancé from Haryana (2017–18) (jailed:for trying to kidnap Disha)
- Shraddha Arya as Dr. Pretta Arora, the third-born daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora, Pragya and Bulbul's younger sister and Srishti's elder sister. She is Rishabh and Karan's love interest. (2017–present)
- Dheeraj Dhoopar as Karan Mahesh Luthra, the youngest son of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Rishabh's younger brother, Ruchika's older brother, Sameer and Kritika's cousin. (2017–present)
- Manit Joura as Rishabh Mahesh Luthra, the eldest son of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Karan and Ruchika's elder brother, Sameer and Kritika's cousin. (2017–present)
- Anjum Fakih as Srishti Raghuveer Arora, the fourth-born daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora, Pragya, Bulbul, and Preeta's youngest sister. (2017–present)
- Abhishek Kapur as Sameer Luthra, Rishabh, Karan, Ruchika, and Kritika's cousin. (2017–2018)
- Ruhi Chaturvedi as Sherlyn Khurrana, Prithvi's former wife. (2017–2018)
- Sanjay Gagnani as Prithvi Malhotra, Sherlyn's former Husband. (2017–2018)
- Vijay Kashyap as Raghuveer Arora, Sarla's deceased husband and father of the four Arora girls(2017) (died of heart attack)
- Shwetanshu Singh as Dr. Sheila (2017)
- Roma Bali as King's aunt (Chaachi). (2018–)
- Abeer Adil as Tarun, King's cousin
- Vedaansh Jaju as Sunny Purab Khanna, Purab and Disha's son. (2018–present)
- Vishal Singh as Rahul (Abhishek and Poorab's friend from college and Anjali's husband) (2018)
- Rhea Sharma as Anjali (Abhishek and Poorab's friend from college and Rahul's wife) (2018)
- Yuvika Chaudhary as Tina (Rahul's former fiancé) (2018)
- Dolly Sohi as Tina's mother (2018)
- Riteish Deshmukh
- Rani Mukerjee
- Irrfan Khan
- Rakul Preet Singh
- Nargis Fakhri
- Emraan Hashmi
- Tusshar Kapoor
- Aftab Shivdasani
- Sushant Singh Rajput
- Salman Khan
- Shubham carpenter
- Sonam Kapoor
- Varun Dhawan
- Shahrukh Khan
- Kriti Sanon
- Shraddha Kapoor
- Siddharth Malhotra
- Krystle D'Souza
- Karishma Tanna
- Pratyusha Banerjee
- Asha Negi
- Mouni Roy
- Rithvik Dhanjani
- Amruta Khanvilkar
- Nia Sharma
- Arjun Kapoor
Development and premiere
The series is a love story produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under the banner Balaji Telefilms that airs on Zee TV. The show premiered at 09:00 pm (IST) on Tuesday on April 15, 2014 and airs episodes from Monday to Friday.
Ekta Kapoor considers the letter K to be lucky and has named many of her productions starting with K. Talking about introducing a fresh concept on prime time, Zee TV Programming Head, Namit Sharma said, "It takes one epic show to replace another, so you can imagine. It is a passionate drama of love, a far cry from regular saas-bahu soaps and has an ensemble cast of some very talented actors." Ekta Kapoor added, "While two of my shows (Pavitra Rishta and Jodha Akbar) are already on-air and doing immensely well on Zee TV, it's a pleasure to extend my partnership with Zee to a third show. Pavitra Rishta has had a run of over five years now and the journey has been most gratifying for me as a producer. While the audiences who are hooked on to Pavitra Rishta will continue to enjoy the show at 6:30 PM, Kumkum Bhagya will open at 9 PM, drawing maximum eyeballs. It is so contemporary in its treatment that viewers will be able to instantly spot characters out of their own lives in the show. It's a story of passionate love that anyone with a soul would be able to easily relate to".
Speaking of his comeback as an actor, Shabbir Ahluwalia, the protagonist of the show says, "With me producing shows, it was getting very difficult to manage time for acting assignments. But now, I have decided to concentrate on acting. You cannot be away from what you love doing for long. The role appealed to me a great deal. This is the first time that I will be playing a rockstar on television and in order to look my part, I had to ensure that I did not just get my costume and look right, but also get that attitude right that is required to portray a rockstar onscreen."
Shabbir Ahluwalia, who was also cast in Ekta's TV Series Kayamath, was selected to portray the lead role of Abhishek Prem Mehra. Ahluwalia made his comeback after Zee 20 Cricket League. Actress Sriti Jha landed in lead role in the show . Mrunal Thakur was selected to portray the second leading role of Bulbul while Arjit Taneja was cast opposite her. In May 2014, Shikha Singh entered the show as the main antagonist Aliya Mehra, while Madhurima Tuli was cast to portray the negative role of Tanu. Later, Tuli had to shoot for her film Baby so, this role was later played by Leena Jumani in September 2014. Actor Faisal Rashid was selected to portray the role of Suresh (Pragya's fiancé) who played an important role in April–May 2014, but in May 2015 he quit the series. Actress Supriya Shukla was cast to play the role of Sarla Arora, while Madhu Raja played the role of Daljeet Arora. Other supporting cast members include Samiksha Bhatnagar, Ankit Mohan, Charu Mehra and Amit Dhawan. Bhatnagar, who portrayed the supporting role of Mitali was replaced by Swati Anand within the month of launch while Anurag Sharma, who also appeared in Ekta Kapoor's Pavitra Rishta, Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar replaced Amit. In 2015, Neel Motawani (who was also cast in other shows of Ekta) was selected to play the negative role of Neel; while in June 2015 Nikhil Arya entered the series playing the role of main male antagonist Nikhil Sood.
In December 2015, actress Mrunal Thakur who played the role of Bulbul opted out from the show and was to be replaced by Kajol Shrivastava, however the character of Bulbul was phased out of the series after Mrunal's departure. In August 2016, Ankit Mohan quit the show so his character left as well. In September 2016, Arjit Taneja quit the show and was replaced by Vin Rana. In October 2016, Nikhil Arya was replaced by Rujut Dahiya. In July 2017, actress Ruchi Savarn entered the show as Purab's new love interest.
The series was released on 15 April 2014 on Zee TV. The series also airs on Zee TV HD and Zee TV Asia. The show was also broadcast internationally on the latter's international distribution. It airs in U.K., U.S., Malaysia, Canada, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Ireland, South Africa, Indonesia, Chile, Philippines, Ghana, and Singapore on Zee TV Worldwide. Kumkum Bhagya has completed 1000 episodes in its Tamil version, Iniya Iru Malargal.
|Worldwide||Zee TV||Kumkum Bhagya||Hindi|
|India||Zee Anmol||Kumkum Bhagya||Hindi|
|India||Zee Telugu||Kumkuma Bhagya||Telugu|
|South Africa||Zee World||Twist Of Fate||English|
|Sri Lanka||Hiru TV||Adarei Man Adarei||Sinhala|
|Mauritius||MBC Digital 4||Kumkum Bhagya||Hindi|
|Middle East||Zee Alwan||مكانك في القلب هو القلب كله||Arabic|
|Turkey||Kanal 7||Ah Kalbım||Turkish|
|Russia||Zee TV||Женская Доля||Russian|
|Ghana||Adom TV||Kumkum Bhagya||Akan|
|Pakistan||Geo Kahani||Kumkum Bhagya||Hindi|
|South Korea||JTBC Zee TV||내 운명 이니||Korea|
|Kenya||Inooro TV||Kumkum Bhagya||Kikuyu|
In late 2015, the app introduced their "Before TV" service where they launched Kumkum Bhagya's episodes before airing on TV, new episodes where released during 5:30am (IST), the service was available on a subscription plan. Although the YouTube service was terminated, the channel still release their episodes on the Zee TV website and Zee TV app. On ZEE5 the show airs earlier than on TV.
The neutrality of this section is disputed. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Initially started with low ratings, the show climbed to Top 5 most watched shows across all GEC's and second most watched show of Zee TV after only a few weeks of its launch and was touted as the biggest fiction launch of 2014. The serial is very popular among Indian and Pakistani women.
Launched in Week 16, Kumkum Bhagya opened with 4.9 TVR and averaged to 3.3 TVR. In week 17, It fell further and averaged to 2.7 TVR. In Week 18, It improved and averaged to 3.2 TVR. In the fourth week of its launch i.e., in Week 19, it fell further and averaged to 2.8 TVR. For The Week 21, it improved a bit and averaged to 3.0 TVR but was among top 5 low rated shows on the channel. In Week 22, the show improved its ratings and rated 3.3 TVR. In Week 23, the show maintained its stability and averaged 3.2 TVR.
In Week 24, the show increased from 3.2 TVR to 3.5 TVR. In Week 25, the show jumped from 3.5 TVR to 4.9 TVR thereby being the second most watched show of the channel for the week behind Jodha Akbar. In the Week 26, the show improved its ratings further and averaged 5.7 TVR its highest ever since its launch and was again second most watched show of Zee TV. For the Week 27, the show improved further and averaged to 6.3 TVR and was amongst Top 6 Shows across all GEC's. It was constistent in Week 28 with 6.3 TVR. In Week 29, it averaged to 6.6 TVR and was amongst Top 10 Shows across all GEC's.
In week 30, the show broke all its previous records with an average ratings of 7.4 TVR and was touted as the biggest fiction launch of the year. The show also gave tough fight to GEC leader Diya Aur Baati Hum that airs at same slot on Star Plus. On the reception of the show in such a short span of time, Zee TV business head Pradeep Hejmadi announced that he considered the 'wedding track' a very important inflection point for people to gravitate to the series, believing it to be attracting increasing interest in all parameters. He also added "Each story has its own promise and people who tune in are people who are bought into those promises or are keen to explore the relationships or the characters that stand out speaking to them. We concentrated on bringing out the key inflection points for the show and it was important because it is the core promise of Kumkum Bhagya." In the thirty-first week, Kumkum Bhagya averaged to 7.5 TVR up from 7.4 TVR, taking fourth place across all GEC's and second among Zee TV shows behind the channel leader Jodha Akbar. One week later, it jumped from 415 GVMs to 453 GVMs. In the February 2015 ratings, Kumkum Bhagya entered the #1 position with Diya Aur Baati in #2.
21 August 2014 ratings showed that the channel's four shows Kumkum Bhagya, Jodha Akbar, Qubool Hai and Doli Armaanon Ki did exceptionally well that week. Three of them appeared inside the Top 10 as the most watched shows in India.
In August 2014, BARC ratings stated that ZEE TV was next adding 38 GVMs. It was up from 415 GVMs to 453 GVMs that week. The channel's four shows Kumkum Bhagya, Jodha Akbar, Qubool Hai and Doli Armaanon Ki did exceptionally well this week. Three of them appeared inside the Top 10 as the most watched shows in India. On 12 September 2014, BARC stated that Kumkum Bhagya topped the ratings in India for the first time scoring 9.4, while Saathiya on Star Plus and Jodha Akbar on ZEE TV both recorded 8.8 and Diya Aur Baati Hum was next with 7.6.
In March 2015, it was declared that the series bought highest ratings to the channel with new year, the channel scored 442 GVMs As of 17 March 2015, Barc stated that Zee TV was scored with 403GVMs As of April 2015, Kumkum Bhagya became India's most watched Hindi entertainment show with 9.5 TVT. In July, the top three Shows based on Ratings were Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Kumkum Bhagya and Yeh Hai Mohabbatein series scored 5537 TVTs According to BARC ratings of September 2015, It was announced that Zee TV's two series were placed in Top 10 most watched shows list. Jodha Akbar and Kumkum Bhagya topped the ratings overall with 8.9 and 8.6 TVMs.
According to BARC Ratings of August 2015, Star Plus' show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya and ZEE TV's Kumkum Bhagya tie at the first slot with 3.8 TRPs. while on 6 August 2015 Kumkum Bhagya ranked with 5351 TVTs. According to Barc, show had dominated second position in November and dominated third position in December 2015 with 13.8 and 15.9 TVM respectively. On 11 December 2015, BARC ratings showed that the TV series Naagin (produced by same production) rejuvenated the channel's weekend slot while Star Plus series Saath Nibhana Saathiya was at No.2 with 17.2 TVM, while Kumkum Bhagya on ZEE TV was in third with 13.8 TVM. While on 17 December 2015, similar listing took place where most watched show on Indian television remained Naagin on Colors with 17819TVM (last week 19576TVM), followed by Saath Nibhana Saathiya on Star Plus with 15344 (last week 17293), Kumkum Bhagya on ZEE TV was at third position with 13811TVM. In the second week in 2016, ratings showed that the series has now dominated 4th Rank.
For the whole of January, Kumkum Bhagya was the second most watched series in India after Colors's Balaji Production TV Series Naagin. According to 14 January 2016 ratings it was seen that Kumkum Bhagya had jumped to the 2nd rank once again, the top 2 shows were Naagin and Kumkum Bhagya, Naagin pulled 19824 viewers (last week 19847), followed by Kumkum Bhagya with 13692 viewers. Again on 21 January 2016, the top 2 Indian TV Shows were Naagin and Kumkum Bhagya. Naagin with 18125 viewers (previous week 19824), fand Kumkum Bhagya with 14852 viewers (previous week 13692). Next week, it was again announced that Kumkum Bhagya, the No#2 Positioned show gained 14,244 viewers while Naagin was on Top with 17,199 viewers. With the entire month, Kumkum Bhagya was viewers second choice.
In February 2016, the top two positions were again taken by Naagin (with 19133 viewers), and Kumkum Bhagya (with 15554 viewers). With February's second week, Kumkum bhagya became the third most choice with 14.2 viewers Next week, It was shown that the series took Third position lead interns of viewers due to T20 matches, It had a viewer range of 15.7 Million viewers. In The last week of February, Series registered 14.1 Million viewers.
In March, three most watched series were Naagin, Kumkum Bhagya and Ye Hai Mohabbatein respectively. Star plus series Yeh Hai Mohabatein dominated the 3rd Position with 11.8 million viewers, Kumkum Bhagya registered 14.4 million viewers. In second week of March it registered 12.5 million viewers. In second and third weeks it registered a viewership of 12.07 million and 13.1 million impressions. The entire month Kumkum Bhagya dominated the second spot on Top ten shows of 2016. The Next month Yeh hai mohabatein dominated the second spot, Kumkum Bhagya took the third place scoring viewership of 10.6 million impressions followed by 11.0 million. With last of July, the viewership raised to 11.5 million impressions (urban + rural), next month the series further raised to 13.5 million impressions (urban + rural) when the production decided to introduce Tannu's DNA report storyline. Later in the month of August, makers introduced Abhi's memory loss twist and restarted the show which helped to maintain the ratings and dominated the first spot till October. In the month of October 2016, Balaji Telefilms Naagin second season launched and dominated the first spot, pushed Kumkum Bhagya to second spot in BARC chart. In the month of May 2017, Kumkum Bhagya became number one show again and continued to be for few weeks, dethroning the mega success of 2017 Naagin second season. In September, Kumkum bhagya's Spin-off Kundali Bhagya, the story of Pragya's long lost sisters Preeta and Shristi became the most watched show replacing Kumkum Bhagya. Since then Kumkum Bhagya mostly stayed in second spot.
The Kumkum Bhagya Soundtrack was written by Nawab Arzoo and composed by Lalit Sen. Lalit Sen had composed the original songs and background score for the show. "Allah Waariyan" is not the song of this show but it was the theme song of Abhi and Pragya. The first original song of the show is "O Rabba Ki Karaan", audience loved the song. The sad version of this song are also released with the title "Tum Ko Mera Dard Dikhna" and "Har Ke Bhi Jitna Hai Pyaar" Sung By Kashi Malik. Meherbaanon Ka Shukriya Song was released on the occasion of completing 1000 episodes and for thanking the audience for the love and support.
All lyrics written by Nawab Arzoo; all music composed by Lalit Sen.
|KumKum Bhagya Track List:|
|1.||"Allah Waariyan"||Shafqat Amanat Ali||5:14|
|2.||"Tujh Mein Kaisay Kho Gayi Mein"||Kashi Malik||0:52|
|3.||"O Rabba Ki Karaan"||Kashi Malik||2:30|
|4.||"Kumkum Kumkum"||Kashi Malik||0:20|
|5.||"Tu Meri Jaan Hai"||Kailash Kher||4:00|
|6.||"Meherbaanon (1000 Ka Shukriya)"||Various Artists||4:01|
|7.||"Tum Ko Mera Dard Dikhna"||Kashi Malik||1:24|
|9.||"Har Ke Bhi Jitna Hai Pyar"||Kashi Malik||1:02|
|10.||"Saari Duniya Rooth Jaye"||Kashi Malik||1:16|
|11.||"Tu Yaad Mujhay Aati Hain"||Arnab Dutta||3:04|
|12.||"Tum Mere Hona Aahista Aahista"||5:24|
|13.||"O Rabba Ki Karaan"||2:58|
- Ekta Kapoor brings another love story on TV with 'Kumkum Bhagya' Retrieved on 15 September 2014.
- Kumkum Bhagya to replace Pavitra Rishta Retrieved on 15 September 2014.
- "Kumkum Bhagya: Zee TV Show". www.zee5.com. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Zee TV introduces Kundali Bhagya".
- Chauhan, Soumyata. "Kundali Bhagya Launch: Ekta Kapoor reveals what inspired her to make a spin-off of Kumkum Bhagya".
- "Kundali Bhagya: Ekta Kapoor reveals the reason behind doing a spinoff of Kumkum Bhagya – Times of India".
- "Pragya's Glamorous looks in Kumkum Bhagya". India Today. 20 August 2015.
- "Indian Television Dot Com". Indian Television Dot Com.
- Shweta Mahesh (8 October 2016). "Breaking! Vin Rana replaces Arjit Taneja as Purab in Kumkum Bhagya". Bollywood Life.
- Neha Maheshwri (7 October 2016). "Not Ishaan Manhas, but Vin Rana in 'Kumkum Bhagya'". Times of India.
- "Mishal Raheja on joining Kumkum Bhagya: Would love to showcase my musical talents through this role". 5 April 2018.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Supriya Shukla to play mother to the female protagonists in Ekta's new show on Zee TV, 'Kumkum Bhagya'".
- "Kumkum Bhagya: Leena replaces Madhurima Tuli on the show". Neha Mahishwari. Times of India. 20 October 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "'Kumkum Bhagya' a passionate story of love: Ekta Kapoor". The Times of India.
- "Ekta Kapoor brings back 'K' factor with 'Kumkum Bhagya'". DNA.
- Rajj Bhaaan (22 March 2015). "ZEE TV confirms launch date of 'Kumkum Bhagya'". Media 24/7. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- "Bulbul and Purab finally get married". Indiatoday. 11 December 2015. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- Neha Maheshwari (2 September 2015). "Why Shikha Singh has to bend in Reel Life?". Times of India.
- "Pragya's Glamorous looks in Kumkum Bhagya". Indiatoday. 20 August 2015.
- "Shikha Singh shoots for 72 hours". Times of India. 21 June 2014.
- "Alok Narula to replace Rashid in Kumkum Bhagya". Droughtlife.
- "Nikkhil enters Kumkum Bhagya as Nikhil". Times of India. 6 June 2015.
- "Rujut Dahiya to replace Nikhil Arya". Tribune India. 3 November 2016.
- "Kumkum Bhagya – The Biggest Fiction Launch of 2014". The Times of India.
- "Kumkum Bhagya : 5 Reasons to Watch the Serial". www.layerlist.cocm. LayerList.
- Tellychakkar Team (25 April 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 16 (2014); Star Plus sets viewership record". tellych11akkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (2 May 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 17 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (9 May 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 18 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (16 May 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 19 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (30 May 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 21 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (6 June 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 22 (2014); Life OK topples Colors". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (13 June 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 23 (2014); Life OK retains third spot". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (20 June 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 24 (2014); Colors reclaims the third position". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (27 June 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 25 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (4 July 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 26 (2014) – Saathiya No.1 show; Life OK back to No.3". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (11 July 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 27 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (25 July 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 29 (2014); Life OK again topples Colors". tellychakkar.com.
- Tellychakkar Team (1 August 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 30 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- "Indian Television Dot Com – Zee TV's 'Kumkum Bhagya' gives tough fight at 9 pm slot". Indian Television Dot Com. 6 August 2014.
- Tellychakkar Team (8 August 2014). "TAM Ratings: Week 31 (2014)". tellychakkar.com.
- "Kumkum Bhagya beats Diya Aur Baati Hum ranking top 1 in TRP Race". IndianTellyTalkies. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "India ratings: ZEE TV strengthens in second place". Raj Badhan. BARC. 21 August 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "India Ratings:ZEE TV strengthens in second place". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- Rajj Badhaan (12 September 2015). "India ratings: Life Ok moves to fourth; Sony TV slides". Media 24/7. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Zee TV Climbs back to NO.2". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "India ratings: &TV crosses 100; Colors back at No.2". 19 March 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "DID Super moms record high start 2015". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. 2 April 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Rajj Badhaan (30 July 2015). "India ratings: Colors inches closer to Star Plus". Media 24/7. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "India ratings: Life Ok drops to Sixth place". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. 5 September 2015. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Baarc ratings week 31". 4 August 2015. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- BARC (17 November 2015). "Zee TV overtakes Colors". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- BARC (12 December 2015). "Nagin beats Saathoya". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- Rajj Badhaan (3 December 2015). "India ratings: Star Plus races ahead of rivals". Media 24/7. Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- BARC (11 December 2015). "India ratings: 'Naagin' beats 'Saathiya' to top spot". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Zee TV sees big growth in 2015". Rajj Badhan. media 24/7. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Barc (7 January 2015). "India ratings: Colors tightens grip at No.1". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Barc (14 January 2016). "India ratings: Colors stays firm at No.1". Rajj Baadhan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Rajj Baadhan (21 January 2016). "India ratings: Colors remains top; Star Plus closes in". Media 24/7. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- Barc (28 January 2016). "India ratings: Colors stays top despite drop". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- BARC (2 February 2016). "Star Plus returns to No.1". BizAsia. Media 24/7. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- BARC (18 February 2016). "ZEE TV gets closer to No.2". Rajj Badhaan. Media 24/7. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "India ratings: Colors returns to No.1". Rajj Badhaan. BARC. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "India ratings: PRDP propels Star Plus to No.1".
- "India ratings: Star Plus & Sony Pal reign". BARC. BizAsia. 28 March 2016.
- "India ratings: Cricket dents pay channels". BizAsia. BARB. 31 March 2015.
- "India Ratings Cricket Continue To Impact Channels 2016". 7 April 2016.
- "Star Plus continues to climb". BizAsia. BARC. 14 April 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Sony Pal back as No.1".
- "Colors returns to No.1".
- "India ratings: Star Plus leads; ZEE Anmol tops Rural".
- "India ratings: Sony TV gathers pace".
- "Adom TV's Kumkum Bhagya wins cow award". adomonline.com.
- "ZEE Rishtey Awards 2014: Winners list". 14 December 2014.
- "Star Guild Awards Home". starguildawards.org.
- Abraham, Letty Mariam. "Television Style Awards 2015: Full list of winners".
- "2015". Boroplus Gold Awards.
- "Zee TV 8th Boroplus Gold Awards 2015 Winners List-Entertainment, Featured, TV Shows – India News Portal". indiascanner.com.
- "Zee TV 8th BoroPlus Gold Awards 2015 Nominations & Voting Details – serial gossips, TV serial news, upcoming twists, spoilers, written updates". www.tellydhamaal.com.
- BollywoodLife. "Indian Telly Awards 2015 winners list: Karan Patel, Sriti Jha, Radhika Madan, Siddharth Nigam walk away with trophies!".
- Hungama, Bollywood (14 December 2015). "Winners of the Big Star Entertainment Awards 2015 – Bollywood Hungama".
- Nominations for Big Star Entertainment Awards, 2015 are out!
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2015 Complete Winners List: Kumkum Bhagya, Jamai Raja Bag Awards-PICS". 7 December 2015.
- "2016". Boroplus Gold Awards.
- "Gold Awards 2016 Nomination List: Divyanka Tripathi, Sriti Jha, Varun Kapoor & Others Nominated". 25 May 2016.
- Chauhan, Soumyata. "ITA Awards 2016 full winners list: Mouni Roy, Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel, Rubina Dilaik win it big".
- "ZEE Rishtey Awards 2017: Winners list". 20 February 2017.
- "2017". Boroplus Gold Awards.
- "Gold Awards 2017: Complete winners list and red carpet pictures – Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in.
- "Zee Gold Awards 2017: Mouni Roy, Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel win big. Here's the winner list". 5 July 2017.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2017: Sriti Jha, Karanvir Bohra and other actors who won big. See photos". 11 September 2017.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2017 Nomination List: Kumkum Bhagya's Sriti-Shabbir & Others Nominated…". 31 August 2017.
- Winners List:11th Zee Gold Awards, 2018