Kumpati S. Narendra
|Kumpati S. Narendra|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Doctoral advisor||Philippe Le Corbeiller|
|Doctoral students||Tamer Başar|
|Other notable students||Yu-Chi Ho|
|Notable awards||Richard E. Bellman Control Heritage Award (2003)|
Kumpati S. Narendra is an American control theorist, who currently holds the Harold W. Cheel Professorship of Electrical Engineering at Yale University. He received the Richard E. Bellman Control Heritage Award in 2003. He is noted "for pioneering contributions to stability theory, adaptive and learning systems theory".
Narendra obtained his Ph.D. at Harvard University in 1959. He is the Ph.D. advisor to the Harvard control theorist Yu-Chi Ho and Tamer Başar who also received the Richard E. Bellman Control Heritage Award.
- Nonlinear dynamical systems
- Artificial neural networks
- Learning automata
- Adaptive control
- Stability theory
- Harold W. Cheel Professor of Electrical Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Yale University
- Some of the IEEE publications of Prof. Narendra
- Some of the IEEE publications of Prof. Tamer Başar
- Swanlund Chair
- Tamer Başar's homepage
- Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Harold W. Cheel Professor of Electrical Engineering
- "Richard E. Bellman Control Heritage Award". American Automatic Control Council. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- The head of the Decision and Control Laboratory, The Communications Group, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign