|Elevation||73 m (240 ft)|
|• Official||Maithili, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Koshi and Kunauli
The Western Embankment Bank of Koshi runs through Kunauli. During the floods in 1948, 1949, 1954, 1955, 1958 etc., it has severely affected the convex bends of western bank at several places like Kunauli Bazar.
The flood generally do great damage to the road leading to the Kunauli town and wash out its 3 kilometres portion. The water of the Koshi river pour out from the breach that develops in its western embankment and submerge a large portion of it.
It is a residential colony for the officers and staff of the Koshi Projects.
Hindi, Maithili, Nepali & English
Jageshwar High School is the main centre for Secondary School Education. Jageshwar High School is among one of few schools of India which provide education services to Nepalese students as well. Establish in 1953 and the first head master was Chandra Shekhar Jadav. The first batch had four students who passed high school in 1957 and all arts subjects. Second batch passed with science and one with first division and one in arts with first division.
Famous Playback Singer, Udit Narayan in Jageshwar High School and completed his SSC. Angika Language Scholar and social activist - Gorelal Manishi was posted here during his service with Bihar Irrigation Department between 1978-1983.
Place of interest
- Mahish Mardini Bhagwati Mandir (Kunouli East Tola)
- Koshi Barrage (15 km towards north in Nepal)
- Rajbiraj (10 km towards north in Nepal, hostoric city which houses the famous 8th Century Rajdevi Temple and close to Cninnmasta shakti Peeth)
- Kankalni Bhagwati (14 km famous Hindu prayer place)
- Sapt Kosi River (25 km)
- Sursar Nadī (47.6 km)
- Trijuga River (48.9 km)
- Chandra Canal
The first canal of Nepal which was built during the rule of Chandra Shumsher J.B.R. (9.5 km)
- Sakhra Devi Mandir (10 km in Nepal)
- Road: Kunauli is situated on Bihar's border with Nepal. and has a border crossing to Rajbiraj in Saptari District, Sagarmatha Zone. The crossing has a customs checkpoint for goods. Indian and Nepalese nationals cross without restriction.
- Nearest railway station: Nirmali (36 kilometres (22 mi))
- Nearest airports
- National Geographical Society of India (1970). The National Geographical Journal of India. 16. National Geographical Society of India. ISSN 0027-9374. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Hamal, L.B. (1995). Military history of Nepal. Sharda Pustak Mandir. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Bihar (India); Choudhury, P.C.R. (1965). Bihar District Gazetteers: Saharsa. Superintendant, Secretariat Press, Bihar. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "http://supaul.bih.nic.in/". supaul.bih.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-12-14. External link in
- "Not the first time - Talking Point - Khulla Mancha - Nepali Students Chautari". chautari.org. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "Border Nepal Buddhi | Just another WordPress.com weblog". bordernepal.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2014-12-14.