|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Directed by||Sameer Kulkarni|
|Creative director(s)||Creative Producer|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Opening theme||Kundali Bhagya|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||374 as of 14 December 2018|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Running time||21 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Original release||12 July 2017– Present|
|Related shows||Kumkum Bhagya|
Kundali Bhagya (English: The Fate of Our Stars) (International Title:This Is Fate) is an Indian romantic drama television series which airs on Zee TV. The show premiered on 12 July 2017 and stars Shraddha Arya, Dheeraj Dhoopar and Manit Joura. It is a spin-off of Kumkum Bhagya.
Since it's launch in 2017, the show continues to rake high TRPs and is amongst the most watched shows of the Year. It is the biggest weekday Hindi fiction launch across all GECs of the year 2017. For several months, it remained number one in the TRP ratings in India until the inception of Colors TV's Naagin 3 which is also produced by Balaji Telefilms but still remains among five most watched shows every week.
The series airs on Zee World as This Is Fate
The show narrates the story of Pragya and Bulbul's long-lost younger sisters Preeta and Srishti. The younger Arora sisters are spun around as they return to their mother, Sarla after their father, Raghuvir's sudden death and learn the heartaching truth of their broken family. The sisters rebuild their life in Delhi leading them to the rich and famous Luthra family. The elder son of the Luthra family, Rishabh Luthra owns a public relations firm which manages rockstar Abhishek Mehra. The younger son, Karan Luthra is a famous cricketer. The two brothers share a strong bond.
Initially, Karan hates Preeta, but Rishabh begins to fall in love with Preeta's simple and loving nature. Eventually Karan and Preeta become best friends and she wins over the affections of the entire Luthra family, except for Rishabh and Karan's aunt, Kareena. When Rishabh's marriage talk begins, he initially believes his mother has brought Preeta's alliance for him and accepts, but learns the alliance is actually for a girl named Sherlyn, the daughter of Kareena's friend. Preeta convinces Rishabh to accept the alliance and Sherlyn and Rishabh get engaged.
Meanwhile, Preeta also gets engaged to a man named Prithvi. Soon, it is revealed that Sherlyn is only trying to marry Rishabh for his money, and that she has sent her boyfriend Prithvi as an alliance for Preeta, to keep her away from Rishabh. Karan and Preeta get suspicious about Sherlyn and Prithvi, and they team up to expose Sherlyn. While Srishti and Karan do not like Prithvi, they team up to show Preeta his true intentions. Sherlyn and Prithvi constantly get away with their lies and prove themselves worthy of their respective fiances, which irks Karan, Preeta and Srishti.
Sherlyn gets pregnant with Prithvi's child, and are able to hide it in front of both the Luthra and Arora family. Due to the high tension between Preeta and Kareena, the Luthra family asks Preeta to stay away from their family until Rishabh's wedding is over. It is then that Karan and Preeta start to somewhat realize their feelings for each other.
Srishti constantly feels like her mother does not love as much as she loves Pragya and Preeta. This proves to always be a constant topic when Sarla and Srishti fight. She also meets Sameer, Karan and Rishabh's cousin, whom she initially butt heads with. They start getting close and eventually develop feelings for each other, but do not reveal them afraid and slightly confused in their young love.
- Shraddha Arya as Dr. Preeta Arora, a professional physiotherapist, second-born daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora, Pragya's younger sister and Srishti's and Bulbul's older sister. Karan's Girlfreind (2017–present)
- Dheeraj Dhoopar as Karan Luthra, a charming and professional cricketer, the youngest son of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Rishabh's younger brother, Ruchika's older brother. Preeta's Boyfriend (2017–present)
- Manit Joura as Rishabh Luthra, owner of a celebrity management firm, the eldest son of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Karan and Ruchika's elder brother, Sameer and Kritika's cousin.(2017–present)
- Anjum Fakih as Srishti Arora, a professional interior designer, the fourth-born daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora; Pragya, Bulbul & Preeta's youngest sister. (2017–present)
- Abhishek Kapur as Sameer Luthra, Rishabh, Karan, Ruchika, and Kritika's cousin. (2017–present)
- Supriya Shukla as Sarla Arora, Raghuveer's widow and mother of the four Arora girls. (2017–present)
- Ruhi Chaturvedi as Sherlyn Khurana (2017–present)
- Sanjay Gagnani as Prithvi Malhotra (Sherlin's Boyfriend) (2017–present)
- Madhu Raja as Daljeet Arora, matriarch of Arora family, grandmother of the four Arora girls, and Raghuveer's mother. (2017–present)
- Unknown as Janki, Arora family's housekeeper.(2017–present)
- Neelam Mehra as Baani Luthra, matriarch of the Luthra family, Rishabh, Karan, Ruchika, Sameer, and Kritika's grandmother. Mahesh and Kareena's mother and Rakhi's mother-in-law. (2017–present)
- Naveen Saini as Mahesh Luthra, Rakhi's husband, Rishabh, Karan and Ruchika's father, and Kareena's older brother. (2017–present)
- Anisha Hinduja as Rakhi Luthra, Mahesh's wife and Rishabh, Karan and Ruchika's mother. Kareena's sister-in-law, and Sameer and Kritika's aunt. (2017–present)
- Pyumori Mehta Ghosh/Usha Bachani as Kareena Luthra, Kritika’s mother, Mahesh's younger sister, and Rishabh, Karan, Sameer, and Ruchika's aunt (2017–present)
- Twinkle R Vashist as Kritika Luthra, daughter of Kareena Luthra, and Rishabh, Karan, Sameer, and Ruchika’s cousin. Mahesh's niece and Akshay's fiance. (2017–present)
- Mrinal K Singh as Ruchika "Roo" Luthra, youngest daughter of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Rishabh and Karan’s younger sister, Sameer and Kritika’s cousin, and Kareena's niece. (2017–present)
- Mahira Sharma as Monisha Sharma (2018-present)
- Aman Gandhi as Ritvik, Monisha's boyfriend (2018)
- Rohit Choudhary as Sanjay "Sanju" Thakur, Neil's younger brother. (2017-2018)
- Ashish Malhotra/Mukul Harish as Akshay, Kritika's fiancé. (2017–present)
- Neel Motwani as Neil Thakur, corrupt corporator. (2018)
- Roma Arora as Sofia, Karan's on-off girlfriend (2017)
- Sumit Manak as Salil, Rishabh's assistant (2017)
- Sahel Phull as Deepak, Preeta's ex-fiancé. (2017)
- Hetal Yadav as Deepak's mother. (2017)
- Vijay Kashyap as Raghuveer Arora, Sarla's deceased husband and father of the four Arora girls. (2017)
- Isha Anand Sharma as Tapsee, Prithvi's ex-girlfriend (2018)
- Sriti Jha as Pragya Arora. (2017–2018)
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Abhishek "Abhi" Mehra. (2017–2018)
- Mishal Raheja King Singh (2018)
- Vin Rana as Purab Khanna. (2017–2018)
- Ruchi Savarn as Disha Khanna. (2017–2018)
- Shikha Singh as Aliya Mehra. (2017–2018)
- Leena Jumani as Tanushree Mehra. (2017–2018)
- Zareena Roshan Khan as Indu Suri. (2017–2018)
- Daljeet Soundh as Daljeet Mehra. (2017–2018)
|Varun Dhawan||Ganesh Utsav Pooja|
Talking about introducing a spinoff of a popular show on a primetime Deepak Rajadhyaksha, Deputy Business Head of Zee TV, says, "Zee TV has always strived to experiment with formats and bring its viewers unique and fresh content. After the success of Kasamh Se, Pavitra Rishta, Jodha Akhbar, Kumkum Bhagya and Brahmarakshas, we are extremely happy to associate yet again with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms to bring an innovative narrative Kundali Bhagya. It introduces a new set of characters in an all-new world and will replace our hit primetime show, Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani, which was not only a strong differentiator but met with an overwhelming response and has had a glorious run of two years."
On this, Kapoor said, "Over the last two decades, Balaji Telefilms in collaboration with Zee TV has created some great content. With our new show, Kundali Bhagya, we present a first-of-its-kind concept, an all-new interesting and engrossing show that emerges from the sub-plots of an already existing show. We will introduce Pragya’s sisters Preeta and Shrishti and the Luthra brothers Karan and Rishabh. We’re hopeful that the audience will fall in love with each of these endearing characters as we have gone through hundreds of auditions before locking the impressive young talent. The writing for this show is extremely strong in terms of characterisation and the engaging screenplay should leave audiences hooked at the end of every episode." Kundali Bhagya was dubbed into Zee Telugu as Mangalya Bagyam. With the show being a big success, it is airing in Indonesia under the name of "Takdir Lonceng Cinta".
Kundali Bhagya in its debut week was the fourth-watched television show in the twenty eighth week (8–14 July) of 2017 in India with 5796 Urban and 4064 Rural Impressions.
In the thirty second week of 2017 (5–11 August), the soap opera became the second most-watched television show in India with 10498 Impressions (Urban+Rural) In Week 33 (12–19 August) 2017, the soap opera saw a dip in the ratings thereby recording 10097 Impressions (Urban+Rural) but still was the third most-watched television show in India. In Week 34, 2017 the soap opera further fell to 9691 Impressions but still was the fifth most watched show during the week.
In Week 37, 2017 (9–15 September), the soap opera show a jump in ratings and recorded its highest since debut, 10940 Impressions (Urban+Rural) thereby becoming the second most-watched show in India for the week, the first being its sister show Kumkum Bhagya. In Week 40, 2017 (30 September – 6 October), the soap opera recorded 11216 Impressions (Urban+Rural) and continued to be the second most watched show in India for the week.
In November Kundali Bhagya took the top spot and maintained it in November and December 2017. The show topped TRP charts in January 2018 with staggering 7889 viewership in urban markets. The show got 12.5 million viewership in all India.
After topping the charts continuously for six months with minor exceptions wherein the show stay put in top 5; its first spot was taken by Colors' Naagin 3. After some time, rival show Yeh rishta kya kehlata hai regained its slot leadership and became constantly the second most watched in India,and Kundali Bhagya was out of top 5. However, just in following week, it regained its numbers, non-influenced by increased viewership of rival show, It came back on third spot.
The series was released on 12 July 2017 on Zee TV. The series also airs on Zee TV HD and Zee TV Asia. The show is also broadcast internationally on the latter's international distribution. It airs in U.K., U.S., Malaysia, Canada, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Ireland, South Africa, Indonesia, Chile, Philippines, Ghana, and Singapore on Zee TV Worldwide.
|Worldwide||Zee TV||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
|India||Zee Telugu||Mangalam Bhagya||Telugu|
|South Africa||Zee World||This Is Fate||English|
|Sri Lanka||Hiru TV||Adarei Man Adarei||Sinhala|
|Mauritius||MBC Digital 4||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
|Indonesia||Antv||Takdir Lonceng Cinta||Indonesian|
|Ghana||Adom TV||Kumkum Kundali Bhagya||Akan|
|Pakistan||Geo Kahani||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
Awards and nominations
|2017||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favorite Naya Sadasya (Male)||Dheeraj Dhoopar||Won|||
|Favorite Popular Character (Female)||Shraddha Arya|
|Favorite Naya Sadasya (Female)||Nominated|||
|Favorite Popular Character (Male)||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Favorite Jodi||Shraddha Arya & Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Favorite Dharavahik||Ekta Kapoor|
|2018||Kalakar Awards||Best Actress||Shraddha Arya||Won|||
|Best TV Show||Ekta Kapoor|
|Gold Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Shraddha Arya||Won|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role (Popular)||Anjum Fakih|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role (Popular)||Manit Joura|
|Best Actress in Negative Role (Popular)||Ruhi Chaturvedi||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Negative Role (Popular)||Sanjay Gagnani|
|Best Actor (Popular)||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Best Television Show (Popular)||Ekta Kapoor|
|Zee Rishtey Awards||Favorite Popular Face (Male)||Dheeraj Dhoopar||Won|||
|Favorite Popular Face (Female)||Shraddha Arya|
|Favorite Bhai||Manit Joura|
|Favorite Khalnayak Jodi||Ruhi Chaturvedi & Sanjay Gagnani|
|Favorite Dharavahik||Ekta Kapoor|
|Favorite Jodi||Dheeraj Dhoopar & Shraddha Arya||Nominated|||
|Favorite Parivaar||Ekta Kapoor|
|Social Swagger of the Year||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress In A Negative Role||Ruhi Chaturvedi||Pending|||
|Best Actor In A Negative Role||Sanjay Gagnani|
|Telebrations Awards||Best Actor||Dheeraj Dhoopar||Nominated|||
|Best Actress||Shraddha Arya|
|Best Jodi||Dheeraj Dhoopar & Shraddha Arya|
|Best Show||Ekta Kapoor|
http://epaper.prabhatkhabar.com/c/32552533 Prabhat Bandhulya as script writer
- "Kundali Bhagya: Ekta Kapoor reveals the reason behind doing a spinoff of Kumkum Bhagya - Times of India".
- <Ekta Kapoor's new fiction show Kundali Bhagya becomes the biggest weekday launch since 2016
- "Zee Launches spinoff of Kumkum Bhagya, Kundali Bhagya".
- Team, Tellychakkar. "BARC India Ratings: 28 WEEK 2017".
- Chauhan, Soumyata. "BARC Report Week 32, 2017: Kundali Bhagya and Shakti-Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki knock out Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai from top 5".
- Team, Tellychakkar. "BARC India Ratings: Week 33 (2017)".
- Team, Tellychakkar. "BARC India Ratings: Week 34 (2017)".
- Iyengar, Anusha. "BARC report week 37, 2017: Amitabh Bachchan's Kaun Banega Crorepati 9 and Kumkum Bhagya are ahead in the game".
- "BARC TRP ratings week 40 Kaun Banega Crorepati 9 Kundali Bhagya Bigg Boss 11 top ten shows- News Nation". www.newsnation.in.
- "Dheeraj Dhoopar starrer Kundali Bhagya becomes the biggest weekday launch since 2017 - Times of India".
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2017: Sriti Jha, Karanvir Bohra and other actors who won big. See photos". 11 September 2017.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2017 Nomination List: Kumkum Bhagya's Sriti-Shabbir & Others Nominated…". 31 August 2017.
- "Kolkata celebrates 26th Annual Kalakar Awards amidst glitz and glamour - -::Holly Bolly Tolly::-". hollybollytolly.com.
- Zee Rishtey Awards 2018 Winners List: Sriti-Shabbir, Shraddha-Dheeraj win top honours
- Nominations of Zee Rishtey Awards, 2018
- "Nomination List: 18th Indian Television Academy Awards, 2018".
- "Nomination List: Saas Bahu Aur Saazish Telebrations Awards, 2018".