Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap
|Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap|
|Created by||VIVA Films|
|Directed by||Mac Alejandre|
|Theme music composer||Willy Cruz|
|Opening theme||"Mahawi Man Ang Ulap" by Jonalyn Viray|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||75 (total); 54 (English-dubbed version)|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Running time||25-35 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||July 30– November 9, 2007|
Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap or Through It All (English title) is a Philippine drama that aired on GMA Network on July 30, 2007 and ended November 9, 2007 under the wing of Sine Novela. This series was the third installment of Sine Novela. The original movie was released back in 1984 by Viva Films and stars Christopher De Leon, Hilda Coronel, Gloria Romero, Eddie Garcia, Michael De Mesa and Amy Austria. The series was aired internationally, with a two-week delay, from August 13, 2007 until November 23, 2007 on GMA Pinoy TV. From January 11, 2012 until March 26, 2012 GMA Life TV aired its English dubbed version, with the title "Through It All".
Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap is based on a komiks serial written by Gilda Olvidado during the late '70s to the early '80s, the series became so phenomenal that Viva Films bought the film rights of the comic series to be immortalized in film. In 2007 GMA bought the TV rights of the series and even hired Gilda Olvidado to be a co-writer and consultant for the movie-turned-TV series and the results were an excellent story that later led to high ratings.
The plan of GMA's creative team was to recreate the series into a different storyline far from what was seen on the movie, though the elements of the movie will remain. So Gilda Olvidado suggested that they will use the storyline of the comic series alongside the new ideas from GMA writers, thus the idea worked out and it contributed a lot for the show's success.
Catherine Clemente's (Nadine Samonte) life was perfect. A loving fiancee, great parents, beauty and money, but all of that will soon change. When her father dies and her mother (Glydel Mercado) decides to marry a new man, storm clouds start to appear in her life that was full of sunshine. This new family will take away everything she has and will make it as their own. She tries to make everything right again, but she always ends up looking like the wrongdoer. Will she ever get her life back? When will her clouds part?
- Main Cast
- Nadine Samonte as Catherine Clemente
- Dennis Trillo as Rustan "Stan" Ilustre
- Iwa Moto as Rita Acuesta
- Gardo Versoza as Pablo Acuesta
- Hazel Ann Mendoza as Chona Acuesta
- Jeremy Marquez as Jojo Acuesta
- Glydel Mercado as Minda Clemente
- Supporting Cast
- Guest Cast
- Tommy Abuel as Rogelio
- Kevin Santos as Tencho
- Wendell Ramos as Michael
- Ama Quiambao as Hon. Amelia R. Santos
- Chuck Allie as Vincent
- Sheena Halili as Monique
- Directed by: Mac Alejandre
- Writers: Anna Aleta-Nadela and Gina Marisa Tagasa-Gil
- Head Writer: Des Garbes-Severino
- Creative Consultants: Roy C. Iglesias and Gilda Olvidado
- Executive-in-charge of Production: Wilma Galvante
- Hilda Koronel as Catherine Clemente
- Gloria Romero as Minda Clemente
- Christopher de Leon as Rustan "Stan" Redondo
- Eddie Garcia as Pablo Acuesta
- Michael de Mesa as Jojo Acuesta
- Amy Austria as Rita Acuesta
- Isabel Rivas as Chona Acuesta
The theme song of the soap opera entitled Mahawi Man Ang Ulap was also a theme of the film with the same title. It was originally performed by Jun Polistico.
- Directed by: Laurice Guillen
- Writers: Lualhati Bautista and Orlando Nadres
- Original Work by: Gilda Olvidado
- Executive-in-charge of Production: VIVA Films
- Nadine Samonte returns to GMA-7 afternoon soap opera, pep.ph, n.d. Accessed last July 4, 2007.
- "Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap Ful Credits", imdb.com, n.d. Accessed last June 12, 2007.