|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Location of Kupwara District within Jammu and Kashmir state
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|• Density||368/km2 (950/sq mi)|
Kupwara District is located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. The river Kishenganga, originating from the Himalayas, flows through the outer areas of the district from east to west. Kupwara district has 3 tehsils: Handwara, Karnah and Kupwara.
Most of the people depend on agriculture and business is growing feasiblely.(BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Kupwara district has a population of 875,564, roughly equal to the nation of Fiji or the US state of Delaware. This gives it a ranking of 470th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 368 inhabitants per square kilometre (950/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 34.62%. Kupwara has a sex ratio of 843 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 66.92%.
Kupwara District has 5 assembly constituencies: Karnah, Kupwara, Lolab, Handwara and Langate.
- Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts Archived 2008-09-10 at the Wayback Machine. dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 5, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Fiji 883,125 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "ERO's and AERO's". Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir. Archived from the original on 2008-10-22. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
|Disputed region||Bandipore district|
|This article related to a location in Jammu and Kashmir is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|