Kurakaaran Alexander Valiya Veettil
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rev.Fr. Kurakaaran Alexander Valiya Veettil Cor Episcopa (24 June 1905 – 15 Nov 1986) was an Indian Christian priest.
In 1928, Fr Alexander Orthodox Church as a priest and later moved to the Catholic Church in 1933. He was known for his social works.
Under his leadership and hardship 57 Churches were raised in several parts of the Indian state of Kerala.
On 19 December 1980 he was awarded the Cor Episcopal position. He was responsible for St.Joseph's (Mission hospital) and St. John's college. These 2 were milestones of Anchal's development.
He and his wife Annamma had 4 sons and 4 daughters.
Works & Achievements
He was known for his social works. 57 Churches were laid down under his leadership. The following are those with year built.
- Narikal St. Jude -1932.
- Pandithitta St. Mary's -1933.
- Anchal St. Mary's -1934.
- Vadakodu St. George -1935.
- Chengannoor St. Thomas -1938.
- Kalayapuram St. Mary's -1938.
- Podiyaatuvila St. Mary's -1939.
- Chembumala Mary Immaculate -1939.
- Karikam St. Mary's -1942.
- Kadaykaman St. Mary's -1944.
- Vaalakam St. George -1945.
- Manjakaala Mary Immaculate -1945.
- Aenaathu St. George -1945.
- Yeroor St. George -1946.
- Vettithitta Piravantoor Francis Assisi -1946.
- Piravantoor St. Francis Assisi -1946.
- Karavoor St. Mary's -1946.
- Ambalathumkaala St. George -1947.
- Chengamanad St. George -1948.
- Odanaavattam St. Mary's -1949.
- Kummalloor St. Mary's -1950.
- Meenkulam St. Mary's -1950.
- Mannoor St. George -1951.
- Kottarakkara Pulamon St. George -1952.
- Ayur Our Lady of Assumption -1952.
- Kokkadu St. Sebastian -1952.
- Neeleshwaram Sacred Heart -1953.
- Njaarakadu St. Mary's -1953.
- Ezhamkulam Holy Family -1954.
- Karavaalur St. Benedict -1954.
- Edamon St. Mary's -1955.
- Ambalakkara St. Mary's -1955.
- Kottavattam St. Antony -1955.
- Kollam St. George -1955.
- Malaperoor St. Joseph -1955.
- Chovvalloor St. Rita -1955.
- Nallila Palli -1955.
- Kundara Little flower -1955
- Cheruvaykal St. Thomas -1956.
- Thevalapuram Mar Elias -1956.
- Elikkattoor St. Joseph -1956.
- Urukunnu Our Lady of Lourde -1956.
- Edamulakal St. Thomas -1956.
- Punalur St. Joseph -1956.
- Kulathupuzha St. Mary's -1957.
- Peringalloor St. Paul -1957.
- Aaryankaavu St. George -1958.
- Thenmala St. Jude -1960.
- Poriyakkodu St. Mary's -1960.
- Panaveli St. George -1960.
- Thalachira St. Mary's -1961.
- Chirattakonam St. Mary's -1961.
- Nedumpaara St. Jude -1961.
- Mylam Sacred Heart -1962.
- Nadutheri Mary Queen -1975.
- Manalil St. Mary's -1976.
- Cheriyavilanelloor Palli.
Notably, he did not name the churches after himself.