|Traded as||TYO: 3405|
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan (June 24, 1926 )|
|Headquarters||Ote Center Building,1-1-3, Ōtemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8115, Japan|
(Tokyo head office)
Umeda Hankyu Building Office Tower, 8-1, Kakudacho, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-8611, Japan
(Osaka head office)
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||¥485.2 billion (2017)|
|¥41.2 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|7,550 (consolidated as of March 31, 2014)|
|Footnotes / references|
Kuraray Co., Ltd (株式会社クラレ, Kabushiki-gaisha Kurare) is a Japanese manufacturer of chemicals, fibers and other materials. Their main manufacturing facilities are located in Kurashiki, Okayama. The company's Tokyo administrative offices are located in Otemachi, Chiyoda in the Ote Center Building and its Osaka offices are located in the Umeda Hankyu Building). As of June 2007[update], Kuraray was the sole worldwide producer of Vectran liquid crystal polymer (LCP) fibre.
Various products are described below:
- Felibendy (nonwoven fabric of Sophista composite fiber, see below)
- MOWITAL / PIOLOFORM
- KURARAY POVAL
- Sophista (fiber: polyester core, ethylene vinyl alcohol-coated)
- Butacite® / TROSIFOL brand polyvinyl butyral
Kuraray's Septon 4055 under atomic force microscope
- "Business Results for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2017 (Unaudited)" (PDF). Kuraray Co., Ltd. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "Company Overview". Kuraray. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Kuraray: about us". Kuraray. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- "Company Overview". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Kuraray Expands VECTRAN Superfiber Manufacturing" (Press release). Kuraray. June 22, 2007. Archived from the original on November 4, 2015. Retrieved March 4, 2010 – via K-Online.de.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Product Information | kuraray". www.kuraray.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-03-17.
- Sumito, Kiyooka (2011). "Structure and functionality of steam-jet fiber Felibendy | Article Information | J-GLOBAL". Chemical Fibers International. 61 (1): 32–33. ISSN 1434-3584.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|