|Nickname(s)||Kaplan (English: Tiger)|
|Rated at||Super heavyweight|
September 13, 1978 |
Kurban Günebakan (born September 13, 1978 in Kars), nicknamed Kaplan (English: Tiger), is a Turkish amateur boxer best known to win the bronze medal in the super heavyweight division at the 2006 European Amateur Boxing Championships held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. He competes for Bursa Emniyet, the sports club of the Police Department in Bursa.
He was the bronze medal winner at the 2005 European Union Amateur Boxing Championships held in Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy. At the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Chicago, USA, he defeated Juan Oliva Aleman from Spain by 22:11, lost then to American champion Michael Hunter Jr. by 7:30 in the round of 16.
- "Kurban Gunebakan". Box Rec. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "Bursa boksa doyacak!". Rota Bursa (in Turkish). 2012-02-02. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "36.European Championships - Plovdiv, Bulgaria - July 14-23 2006 - Semifinals". Amateur Boxing. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "Bursa Emniyet Spor Gücü" (in Turkish). Bursa Emniyet Spor Kulübü. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "3.European Union Championships - Cagliari, Italy - June 4-11 2005 - Semifinals". Amateur Boxing. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "14.World Championships - Chicago, USA - October 23 - November 3, 2007". Amateur Boxing. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
|This biographical article related to a Turkish boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|