|Product type||Corn puffs|
Kurkure is a brand of corn puffs, developed and produced by viknesh, the India division of PepsiCo. Named after the Hindi/Urdu word for "crunchy", the snack was developed entirely in India. It was launched in 1999 and has its automated plants at (Punjab), Lahore, Karachi and Peshawar
Kurkure is made from rice meal, edible vegetable oil(palm oil), corn meal, gram meal, spices, condiments, salt, sugar, citric acid, tartaric acid and milk solids.
Also, it contains flavour(natural and nature identical flavouring substances)
Kurkure is available in the following flavours:
- Masala Munch (spicy)
- Green Chutney
- Chilli Chatka
- Tamatar Hyderabadi Style
- Malabar Masala Style
- Masala Twists (Solid Masti)
- Desi Beats
- Naughty Tomatoes
- Puffcorn (Yummy Cheese)
- Monster Paws
- Hyderabadi Hungama
- Zig Zag
- Puff Corn
- Corn Cups
- Solid Masti
- Monster Smilees
- Butter Masti
- Kurkure triangles
- khatta meetha
- American Style Cream & Onion (Bangladesh)
In 2004, Indian actor-celebrity Juhi Chawla was featured in advertisements for Kurkure. In 2012, Parineeti Chopra, Kunal Kapoor, Boman Irani, Ramya Krishnan, Farida Jalal, and shivansh started to advertise Kurkure.
It was also launched in Pakistan in 2007, where it is manufactured by, Pepsico Pakistan, the local division of PepsiCo. In November 2006, Frito-Lay announced plans to release Kurkure to American markets sometime in 2007. This decision was made after analysts showed increasing interest in Indian spices in the USA. Also the introduction in other markets with a non-resident Indian population such as the UK. As of 2013, KurKure is available in Western Canada. As of 2010, KurKure is available in Eastern Canada.
- "PepsiCo Pakistan - Kurkure". pepsicoindia.co.in.
- "PepsiCo India - Kurkure". pepsicoindia.co.in.
- Adesara, Hetal (31 May 2004). "Kurkure's new ad with Juhi Chawla rides on Tulsi bahu's success". indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Kurkure launches the all new ‘Tedha Hai Par Mera Hai’ Family". "PepsiCo India".
- Bhushan, Ratna (2007-09-07). "Kurkure set to cross LoC". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "Kurkure goes to UK". Rediff.com. 2004-12-31. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "Frito-Lay to launch Kurkure in US". fnbnews.com. 4 November 2006. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Pepsi India to expand portfolio, foray into breakfast segment — $300-500 m investment planned". Business Line. 30 March 2005. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Pepsi markets goes Global". PepsiCo India.