Kurmitola Golf Club
|Website||Kurmitola Golf Club|
Kurmitola Golf Club is a golf club in Dhaka Cantonment, Bangladesh. Operated by Bangladesh Army. The president of the club is the present Bangladesh army chief general Aziz Ahmed The club has been described as "prestigious".
The Club was formed in 1956. It was shifted to its present location in 1966. In 2016 the golf club was offered by the foreign ministry of Bangladesh to diplomats residing in the country; after outdoor activities by diplomats were cut over security fears. Siddikur Rahman a former caddy at the golf club become the first Bangladeshi in history to compete in golf at the Olympics in 2016. The club has held professional national and international golfing tournaments.
- "Kurmitola Golf Club". kgc-bd.com. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Friendly golf tournament held". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "'We have wasted our talent'". The News on Sunday. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "History of KGC". kgc-bd.com. Kurmitola Golf Club. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "No armed pvt guards". The Daily Star. 11 September 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "'Tiger Woods of Bengal' Siddikur Rahman makes Olympics history for Bangladesh". The National. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Rahman carrying Bangladesh's first-medal hopes". espn.com. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Sajib grabs lead on rainy day". The Daily Star. 31 March 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Rashid Khan Tips Siddikur Rahman as Favourite in Bangladesh Open Golf". NDTVSports.com. Press Trust of India. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kurmitola Golf Club.|
|This article about a sports-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|