Baptiste playing for the Broncos in 2009.
15 March 1991 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||168 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (13 st 3 lb)|
|As of 26 August 2016
Kurt Baptiste (born 15 March 1991) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Canberra Raiders in the National Rugby League. He plays at hooker. He previously played for the Brisbane Broncos.
Born in Brisbane, Queensland, Baptiste is of Papua New Guinean descent. He played his junior rugby league for the Aspley Devils, before being signed by the Brisbane Broncos. He played for the Broncos' NYC team from 2009 to 2011, scoring 28 tries in 67 games before moving on to the Norths Devils, one of the Broncos' Queensland Cup feeder teams in 2012.
In Round 12 of the 2011 NRL season, Baptiste made his NRL debut for the Broncos in their 34-10 loss to the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Suncorp Stadium. He scored the first try of his NRL career in the Broncos' Round 16, 16-12 loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs in Perth, Western Australia. Baptiste only played 1 game for the Broncos in 2012, in the Broncos' 30-6 win over the Canberra Raiders at Suncorp Stadium.
On 3 September 2014, Baptiste re-signed with the Raiders on a 2-year contract.
Baptiste became a crucial member of the Canberra Raiders squad in 2016 playing in 24 of the 27 matches only missing rounds 20, 21 and 22 with an ankle injury. Baptiste played a crucial bench utility role for the Raiders adding 'much needed spark' at times throughout the match and also enabling Josh Hodgson to move into the halves or lock position throughout the match.
On 17 November 2016, Baptiste resigned on a 2 year deal with the raiders.
During the 2017 pre-season, Baptiste reputed his Achilles with him out for an extended period of time, Adam Clydsdale is filling in for him whilst he is injured.
Kurt Baptiste is currently the shortest player in the NRL being only 168cm tall. 
- "Kurt Baptiste - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- "How 'Big Mal' gave Canberra Raiders PNG star Kato Ottio belief". Loop PNG. Retrieved 2016-05-07.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120620083243/http://www.rleague.com/db/player/b/baptiste_kurt/index.php. Archived from the original on 20 June 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20131124142313/http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/Raiders-sign-Kyle-ODonnell-and-Kurt-Baptiste/87481. Archived from the original on 24 November 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2013. Missing or empty
- Rugby League (2013-11-17). "Broncos refugee Kurt Baptiste happy to call Canberra Raiders home". Brisbanetimes.com.au. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- NRL. "Kurt Baptiste Re-Signs with the". Raiders. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- Queensland Residents team named nrl.com, 25 June 2012
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130927120237/http://leagueunlimited.com/news/show/qld-residents-team-named. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2013. Missing or empty
- "PNG stuns Fiji in a thriller". nrl.com. Retrieved 7 May 2016.