Kurt Doles (born August 2, 1973) is an American composer and bass clarinetist. He is best known for his slow, quiet instrumental pieces which are frequently written for unusual groups of instruments. Sometimes associated with the group of postminimalist California-based composers represented on the Cold Blue record label run by composer Jim Fox, he has collaborated with musicians DAC Crowell and Daniel Patrick Quinn on various improvised, electroacoustic ambient recording projects. Mercury, a collaboration with DAC Crowell, was released on Suilven Recordings.
- Oregon Festival of American Music '05: Kurt Doles
- Evil Sponge: Review by Lawton of Mercury DAC Crowell & Kurt Doles
- Ambient Music: Suilven Recordings
- Playlouder: Review by L. Turner of Don't Look Down DAC Crowell, Kurt Doles, & Daniel Patrick Quinn
- Sunday Times (London): Review by Stewart Lee of "Don't Look Down"
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|