Kurt M. Granberg
|Kurt M. Granberg|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 107th district
January 1987 – January 2009
|Preceded by||Dwight Friedrich|
|Succeeded by||John Cavaletto|
June 16, 1953 |
|Alma mater||Chicago-Kent College of Law
University of Illinois
Granberg was born in June 16, 1953, in Breese, Illinois. He attended the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and the Chicago-Kent College of Law. Between 1976 and 1977, Granberg worked as a staffer in the Illinois House of Representatives. Granberg was first elected to the Illinois House of Representatives in 1986 after defeating Republican incumbent Dwight Friedrich. He was the only freshman Democrat from Downstate Illinois that year. His legislative agenda includes a constitutional amendment to force the legislature to follow the State Mandates Act and provide money for programs they force on local governments. He favored limiting campaign contributions from political action committees, because the money stimulates negative campaigns and turns off voters.
After the 2001 redistricting, Granberg's district was renumbered from the 109th district to the 107th. The 107th was in the same area as previous districts and was composed of Clinton County, Illinois (except for St. Rose and Wheatfield townships), Jefferson County, Marion County and Pope Township in Fayette County.
- "Final Illinois House Endorsements". Chicago Tribune. 1994-10-21. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- Klemmens, Michael D. (1987-01-30). "Expectations of the rookie legislators". Illinois Issues. University of Illinois at Springfield. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- Editorial Board. "Representative Kurt M. Granberg (D) -Previous General Assembly (94th), 107th District, Assistant Majority Leader". Illinois General Assembly. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- Veeneman, Drew (2011-01-01). "LRU First Reading" (PDF). The Center for Governmental Studies at Northern Illinois University. PrecinctMaps.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- Jones, Dianna (November 2008). Miller, David R., ed. "LRU First Reading" (PDF). First Readings. Illinois General Assembly Legislative Research Unit. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Kurt M. Granberg (D) 107th District official IL House website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Kurt M. Granberg (IL) profile
- Follow the Money - Kurt M. Granberg
- Illinois House Democrats - Kurt M. Granberg profile
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|