|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||9 May 1890|
|Died||31 May 1955(aged 65)|
|Rank||General der Flieger|
|Commands held||4th Air Corps
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Relations||Johann Pflugbeil (brother)|
Kurt Leopold Pflugbeil (9 May 1890 – 31 May 1955) was a German general (General der Flieger) in the Luftwaffe during World War II who commanded 4th Air Corps and Luftflotte 1. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Pflugbeil commanded the 4th Air Corps during the Second Battle of Kharkov, Battle of Stalingrad and Siege of Sevastopol. He surrendered to the Red Army in the Courland Pocket in 1945. In 1950 he was sentenced to 25 in a labour camp. Pflugbeil was released in 1954.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (14 September 1914) & 1st Class (7 October 1916)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (7 October 1939) & 1st Class (15 June 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1998, p. 151.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 275.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 74.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Hayward, Joal S. A. The German use of air power at Kharkov, May 1942. Air Power History, Summer 1997, Volume 44, Number 2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
Generaloberst Alfred Keller
|Commander of IV. Fliegerkorps
20 August 1940 – 24 August 1943
General der Flieger Rudolf Meister
Generaloberst Günther Korten
|Commander of Luftflotte 1
24 August 1943 – 16 April 1945