Kurt Rudolf Fischer
He became Chinese boxing champion and started studying philosophy at the University of California, Berkeley after World War II, where he made friends with Paul Feyerabend. From 1967 to 1980 he was professor at the University of Pennsylvania in Millersville, Pennsylvania). From 1979 - 2008 he was honorary professor at the University of Vienna.
Fischer was awarded the Gold Medal for Services to the City of Vienna in 2000 and in 2001 he also received the Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class. He died in the Lancaster, PA on March 22, 2014, at the age of 92.
- Contemporary European Philosophers, Berkeley, 2. Aufl. 1968, 3. Aufl. 1972
- Philosophie aus Wien, Wien-Salzburg 1991
- Österreichische Philosophie von Brentano bis Wittgenstein. Ein Lesebuch. UTB 2086, Wien 1999
- Doelken, Theodor; Karl Strute (1983). Who's who in Austria. Who's Who the International Red Series Verlag. p. 1978. ISBN 3921220440.
- "Reply to a parliamentary question" (PDF) (in German). p. 1391. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Philosoph Kurt Rudolf Fischer gestorben" (in German). Der Standard. March 27, 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.