January 3, 1977
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Actor, professional BMX rider, director|
Kurt Yaeger (born January 3, 1977) is an American actor, director and professional athlete, who is also a below-the-knee amputee. Recent work includes roles on the CBS NCIS and the HBO/Cinemax series Quarry. Kurt is notable for appearing in season five of the FX series Sons of Anarchy as Greg "the Peg" and in the Rudimental music video for the UK hit single "Waiting All Night" featuring vocals from Ella Eyre.
As an actor, Yaeger auditioned for a Nickelodeon/Clear Channel Communications live tour based on the popular cartoon show Rocket Power. What he thought to be an acting role turned out to be an athletic/stunt role. On the first day of rehearsals, the director found out that his BMX talent was at a professional level and incorporated it into the show. The show briefly toured the US Midwest in spring 2002 before being canceled due to low ticket sales. After experiencing many BMX-related injuries, he decided to go back to college to pursue a master's degree in hydrogeology. In 2006, while attending school in San Francisco, he was in a motorbike crash that resulted in multiple injuries. He hit a pole and went over a 40-foot embankment, crashing on the side of the freeway.
His left leg was amputated below the knee, his right anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament were torn, his pelvis was torn in half along with his bladder, seven vertebra were broken, his lungs collapsed, multiple ribs were broken, and he suffered a severe concussion. One year later, Yaeger made a full recovery, returning to his acting career.
Yaeger started taking acting courses and began acquiring role after role. Some of his early work includes Michael Anderson's Tenderloin, a film about one of the most infamous neighborhoods in San Francisco. The film premiered at the Mill Valley Film Festival in October 2009. Yaeger also shares the joy of working on Dolphin Tale with Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd and Harry Connick, Jr.; Knife Fight with Rob Lowe; War Flowers with Christina Ricci, Tom Berenger and Jason Gedrick; and the Syfy feature film Piranhaconda with Michael Madsen and Rachel Hunter. In 2012, he appeared in a recurring role for six episodes of the highest rated FX television series Sons of Anarchy. Late 2016 brings Yaeger to the set of Cinemax's New Series Original Quarry and to NCIS: Los Angeles for a multi-episode arc. In 2018 Yaeger was cast in CBS All Access series Tell Me a Story. Having 2019 bringing him to star in his third separate NCIS franchise show on NCIS: New Orleans, along with The Rookie, and a spot on the fresh television drama The Village. His list of Television and Movie credits continues to grow.
Along with his business partner Josh Gillick, Yaeger created the production company ArtistFilm. It has produced several short films and features, Sedona's Rule, distributed by Green Apple Entertainment, Inc.. They are currently working on features in the early pre-production stages and a reality TV project which has been optioned. Yaeger is also involved with the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA), and the Actors' Equity Association (AEA) Tri-Union global disability rights campaign called IAMPWD – Inclusion in the Arts & Media of People with Disabilities. He sits as the Chairperson on the AFTRA Los Angeles Local Performers with Disabilities Committee.
Yaeger has also volunteered his time with several organizations. He has attended several Big Sunday events for the Wounded Warrior Project and participated in the American300 Warrior Tour. Yaeger spoke at the 10th and 11th annual United Cerebral Palsy of New York City event called Women Who Care, sharing the stage with Ivanka Trump, Michelle Bachelet and many others. Yaeger was invited as a keynote speaker to the 2014 Adobe Summit in London on the subject of reinvention. On May 14, 2014 he spoke to an abundance of tech specialists, business entrepreneurs, and introduced Rudimental during the Summit Fest that followed. Yaeger's next feat was a run up Empire State Building in New York City on February 3, 2016. This run was presented by Marmot on behalf of the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF).
Sports and affiliations
His sports comeback came not long after in the Extreme Sports genre of BMX. He is currently the number one Adaptive BMXer in the world and participated in X Games 16 and X Games 17. Yaeger was showcased along with other adaptive athletes thanks to Adaptive Action Sports, a non-profit organization promoting Action Sports camps, events and programs for youth and young adults living with permanent physical disabilities.
In 2012, the US Paralympics Bobsled & Skeleton Team invited him to train with them in Park City in early January. They asked him back to train with them in Innsbruck, Austria in early March of that year.
2013 had Yaeger participating in a promotional BMX tour of the United Kingdom. Followed immediately by a Motorcycle tour of Africa with Touratech-USA. He currently rides motorcycles more than BMX, both personally and as a hobby.
When Yaeger initially began training again Etnies signed up to sponsor him, supplying shoes that allowed for an expanded experimentation with a new magnetic pedal from ProTonLocks. After he figured out how to stay on the pedals Solid Bikes and Odyssey helped him by supplying a new bike. The last obstacle was to figure out how to keep his knee from hyper-extending from the repeated impact pressures, so he turned to Ossur, who built him a CTi custom knee brace for his prosthetic leg. Other sponsors including Freestyle Watches, Stussy, Bern Helmets, Alpine Stars, Challenged Athletes Foundation, Fox Racing, ZICO Coconut Water and more have all backed Yaeger.
|2019||The Village (2019 TV series)||Joe||TV Series||Recurring Character|
|NCIS: New Orleans||Kevin Simms||TV Series||Episode title: In Plain Sight|
|Tommy n Bobby||Tommy ShanaCallahan||TV Series||Main character|
|The Rookie||Graham Ross||TV Series||Episode title: Manhunt|
|2018||Tell Me A Story||Terry||TV Series||Recurring character|
|Personal Space||Leonard Freeman||TV Series||Recurring character|
|2016-2017||NCIS: Los Angeles||Sullivan||TV Series||Recurring character|
|2016||Quarry||Suggs||TV Series||Recurring character|
|Shooter||S.C. Jones||TV Series||Episode title: Danger Close|
|Lethal Weapon||Billy Gottlieb||TV Series||Episode title: Can I Get A Witness?|
|Pure Genius||Sergeant John Howard||TV Series||Episode title: Not Your Grandmother's Robotic Surgery|
|Shameless||Gene Charleston||TV Series||Episode title: #Abortion Rules|
|2015||The Grinder||Prosecuting Attorney||TV Series||This One to the Crew|
|The Ultimate Legacy||Michael||TV Movie|
|A Little Different||Self||TV Series|
|Close Enough||Self||TV Series Short||Episode title: The Fountain of Youth|
|2014||NCIS||Freddie Linn||TV Series||Episode title: Bulletproof|
|2012||Sons of Anarchy||Greg The Peg||TV Series||Recurring character|
|2010||The Bold and the Beautiful||Photographer||TV Soap Opera||Episode #1.5887|
|General Hospital||Mike – Prison Guard||TV Soap Opera||Episode #1.12083|
|2008||Without a Trace||Kevin||TV Series||Episode title: Article 32|
|2007||The World's Astonishing News||Steve – Father||TV Series||Episode title: Poor Family's Christmas Miracle|
|2002||Rocket Power||Live Tour|
|2018||The Festival (film)||Pirate||Release Date: August 14, 2018 (UK)|
|The Dragons of Melgor||Kurt||Announced|
|A Doggone Adventure||Steven Hill||Release Date: 20 March 2018 (USA)|
|2017||Alien Hunger||Brian||Release Date: August 30, 2016 (USA)|
|2016||Triple 9||Wounded DHS Guard||Release Date: 26 February 2016 (USA)|
|2014||Coffee Shop Girl||Agent Rodriquez||Short|
|2013||Rudimental – Waiting All Night feat. Ella Eyre||Self||YouTube Official Video|
|The Man Of The House||Dad||Short|
|Knife Fight||Oliver Kennedy||Release Date: January 25, 2013 (USA)|
|2011||Piranhaconda||Gunner||SYFY Channel 2012 Premiere|
|Dolphin Tale||Veteran Tim||Release Date: September 23, 2011 (USA)|
|War Flowers||Rufus||Release Date: August 31, 2012 (USA)|
|Camel Spiders||Joe||Release Date: March 4, 2011 (USA)|
|2010||Sedona's Rule||Erick||Release Date: November 20, 2011 (USA)|
|2009||The Real Deal||Bob Derdowski||Video|
|Every Other Week||Jude||Short|
|The Tenderloin||Ben Keegan||Release Date: October 19, 2009 (USA)|
|The Hell Patrol||Pvt. Steven McWatt||Release Date: September 26, 2009 (USA)|
|2008||Asshole of the West||Levi||Short|
|2007||Charlie Wilson's War||Afghani Refugee||Not Credited|
|The Lost Coast||Video Short|
|2014||Kurt Yaeger's UK Tour||Executive Producer & Co-Star||Release Date: February 27, 2014 (Worldwide)|
|2010||Sedona's Rule||Executive Producer||Release Date: November 22, 2011 (USA)|
|2008||Misunderstood||Director & Actor||Short – Screening Date: June 1, 2008 (USA)|
|2007||Porn for Women||A humor or "spoof book", calendar and confectionery cards.|
- Fudger, Ryan "Kurt Yaeger – Athlete", Ride BMX Transworld, August 30, 2010. Retrieved August 7, 2011.
- Vigil, Delfin "Actor brings a little extra to the job", SF Gate, November 15, 2008. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- "Kurt Yaeger — 'Son of Anarchy'". ABILITY Magazine (Kurt Yaeger Issue). December 2012 – January 2013.
- "Give it up for BMX Pro Kurt Yaeger. That’s a direct order.", Action Recon. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- Vetter, Pam "Kurt Yaeger: Actor reaches beyond label of amputee", Disaboom, April 8, 2008. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Tunney, Brian "Pro BMXers Make the Jump to Television (9 of 11)", ESPN Action Sports, September 28, 2010. Retrieved October 5, 2011.
- Hamlin, Jesse "The human touch at Mill Valley Film Festival" Marin News, October 09, 2009. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Vetter, Pam "2011 Media Access Awards Honor Efforts in Promoting Awareness of People With Disabilities", American Chronicle, October 7, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- "Kurt Yeager – Filmography by TV series", IMDB.com Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Gilmam, Greg "Cinemax Orders Vietnam-Era Drama 'Quarry' To Series", TheWrap.com, February 03, 2015. Retrieved August 08, 2016.
- Frith, Vanessa "NCIS: LA's Season 8: Meet Sullivan!", Enstars.com August 8, 2016 Retrieved. August 8, 2016.
- Petski, Denise "‘Tell Me A Story’: Michael Raymond-James, Kurt Yaeger & Rarmian Newton Join CBS All Access Drama Series", Deadline.com, August 20, 2018. Retrieved May 08, 2019.
- Darwish, Meaghan "'NCIS: New Orleans': Daryl 'Chill' Mitchell on Working with Real-Life Pal Kurt Yaeger", TVinsider.com, April 02, 2019. Retrieved May 08, 2019.
- Rayner, Daniel "‘The Rookie’ Season 1, Episode 15 ‘Manhunt’ Recap: Prisoner Transport", TVmoviefix.com, March 05, 2019. Retrieved May 08, 2019.
- Moreau, Jordan "Kurt Yaeger on Standing Up for Actors With Disabilities: ‘I Represent the Tip of a Spear’", Variety.com, March 14, 2019. Retrieved May 08, 2019.
- Sklar, Debbie "Kurt Yaeger: Actor, Director, and Athlete Who Knows No Bounds", August 06, 2016. Retrieved August 08, 2016.
- "ArtistFilm, Cast & Crew". Retrieved August 20, 2011.
- "Members of the SAG/AFTRA/AEA Tri-Union Performers with Disabilities Committee, Kurt Yaeger", I AM PWD. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- Deegan, Peachy "Movers And Shakers: Kurt Yaeger, Actor", Whom You Know, June 30, 2011. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Deegan, Peachy "Getting Back Up Tour – Kurt Yaeger and Erin Simmons Nemec – May 2012 "American300 NEVER QUIT Series – Air Force Global Strike Command", American300 Warrior Tours, May 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Celebrities & VIPs Attend the Star-Studded 11th Annual Women Who Care Luncheon" Archived February 1, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. United Cerebral Palsy of New York. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- Parry, Adam "The Full Effect Pull Out All The Stops For The Adobe Summit EMEA Party". Event Industry News UK. May 16, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- Yaeger, Kurt "Lessons Learned In My First Triathlon". Askmen.com. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Shepherd, Wendy "Interview With Actor Kurt Yaeger", Officially Plugged In, November 9, 2011.
- Tunney, Brian "Getting Back Up: The Kurt Yaeger Story", ESPN Action Sports. Retrieved August 7, 2011.
- Tunney, Brian "Kurt Yaeger, BMXer turned Bobsledder", ESPN Action Sports, February 17, 2012.
- "Rudimental's Waiting All Night BMX-Star Kurt Yaeger On UK Tour", Drift. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Goldberg, Kaj ""Kurt Yaeger, BMXer Turned Actor, Shares His Story Of Recovery"". CBS Los Angeles (Interview). Los Angeles: KCAL-TV. October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- Ostegard, Jan "Dream Role with Kurt Yaeger" MovieVine, April 18, 2013. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Misunderstood", Scary Cow – The Indie Film Co-op, June 1, 2008. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- Anderson, Susan "Porn for Women". Cambridge Women's Pornography Cooperative, Chronicle Books 2007. ISBN 9780811855518. Retrieved July 26, 2011.