This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kurt Zdesar is a restaurateur, who was born in Sydney Australia and had begun his career very early in the hospitality industry. Having moved to Europe early in his life, London became the platform for Kurt. Kurt Zdesar was European Director for Nobu. The first European restaurant was opened in London, which received a Michelin-Star within 10 months of opening, the UK’s first Michelin-Star for Asian cuisine. Nobu London was voted "Restaurant of the Year" in 2003 and 2004 by the world renowned Restaurant Magazine.
Kurt Zdesar launched and founded his own concept called Ping Pong. Ping Pong was also recognised as one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and continues to be one of London’s Popular Asian restaurants. In September 2013 Kurt Zdesar opened Chotto Matte in Soho’s Frith Street bringing together Japanese and Peruvian culture. Chotto Matte which is known for its Nikkei cuisine and cocktail. Following the success of Chotto Matte’s launch Kurt opened Black Roe in March 2016, London’s first Poke bar and grill inspired by the Pacific Rim.
In October 2016 Kurt Zdesar continued to expand his operation by opening Fucina, a modern organic Italian restaurant located in the heart of Marylebone. In January 2017 Kurt Zdesar created a new concept, the opening of Paneterria by Fucina, an artisanal organic delicatessen.
- "THE ENTREPRENEURS Eureka 17: Kurt Zdesar"
- "Michelin Star Restaurant | Award Winning | Hakkasan Restaurant"[dead link]
- "Kurt Zdesar on new Fucina and London's hottest trends - BigHospitality"
- "Flair 11/2016 by FLAIR - issuu"[dead link]
- "THE CATERER- TKurt Zdesar plans international expansion for Chotto Matte and new London restaurants"
- "LUXURY LONDON -RESTAURANT REVIEW: BLACK ROE POKE BAR & GRILL"
- "Kurt Zdesar to open new restaurant Fucina in Marylebone LUXURY HOSPITALITY MAGAZINE"
- "THE WEEK.CO.UK London's passion for poke"
- "Kurt Zdesar - Picture of Chotto Matte, London - TripAdvisor"
- "The London Foodie: Peruvian-Nikkei Cuisine at Chotto MatteL"
- "PROPERTYWEEK.COM- Kurt Zdesar to open Fucina restaurant on Chiltern Street"
- "Chotto Matte London Gets a New Taste of Japan - Ultra Vie"
- "Kurt Zdesar is opening Italian restaurant Fucina, with a panetteria nex"
- "Questions of Taste: Kurt Zdesar (Bouillabaisse) | PORT Magazine"
- "CHOTTO MATTE | Restaurants in soho | Try This For"
- "FINANCIAL TIMES"
- "Evening Standard"
- "TIME OUT BAHRAIN(Michelin man)"