||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||yogastha kuru karmāṇi|
|Type||Education and Research|
|Chancellor||Kaptan Singh Solanki, Governor of Haryana|
|Vice-Chancellor||Kailash Chandra Sharma|
|Registrar||Parveen Kumar Saini|
|Location||Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission, BCI, NAAC|
Kurukshetra University is a university established on 11 January 1957 in Kurukshetra in the Indian state of Haryana, 160 kilometres (99 mi) from the capital, Delhi. It is a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities. The university was the idea of the then Punjab governor, Sir Chandeshwar Prasad Narayan Singh, a Sanskrit scholar. The Department of Sanskrit was the first and the only department in the university when it was inaugurated by Bharat Ratna Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of the Indian Republic. Its campus is spread over 400 acres (1.6 km2).
The University Institute of Engineering and Technology was started in 2005. The University received Grade 'A' rating in the 2009 National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) grading.
The Department of Electronic Science in 2011, was awarded a ₹2.96 crore (US$460,000) project on nanoscience by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. In 2012, the Department of philosophy introduced academic course on Gita.
The Department of Geophysics has also received the aid of about 3 crore from D.S.T. This department is running a 3-year M.Tech. Applied Geophysics course since 1985 which is affiliated by A.I.C.T.E and U.G.C. The students from this department have been placed to very well known oil companies i.e. ONGC, Oil India, Schlumberger, Cairn, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. to name a few and other MNC's as well along with being working with the best R & D labs in the field in our country.
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra has a number of achievements in sports. Recently Boxing Team of Kurukshetra University won All India Inter-University Boxing Championship among more than 100 Universities from all over India. All India Inter-University Boxing Championship was held at LPU, Jalandhar. where Boxers from KUK won 3 Gold and 3 Bronze Medals under the extreme guidance of their boxing coach Rajesh Kumar Rajound and gain 37 points, which are enough to claim the title.
Colleges and schools
- Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Institute of Environmental Studies
- University College of Education
- University College Kurukshetra
- University Senior Secondary Model School
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra University
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kurukshetra University
- Institute of Instrumentation Engineering (formerly known as University Science Instrumentation Centre)
- Institute of Mass Communication and Media Technology
- Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University
|Law – India|
The Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University was ranked 15 by India Today's "India's Best Colleges 2017: Law, and 34 by Careers360's "Top Law Colleges in India 2017", 26 among government institutes.
The university has 457 affiliated colleges and institutes. Notable examples include:
- E-Max School of Engineering and Applied Research
- Government Engineering College, Nilokheri
- Jind Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Shri Krishan Institute Of Engineering & Technology
- "Statutory Officers". www.kuk.ac.in. Kurukshetra University. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "About us". Kurukshetra University. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- "Kurukshetra University declares results". The Times of India. Apr 19, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- Kurukshetra University Info Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Yoginder Gupta (2007-01-12). "Critical thinkers must for growth: Datta". The Tribune. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- "A rating PU tops region in NAAC grading". The Times of India. Feb 4, 2009. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- "Kurukshetra University introduces course on Gita". Hindustan Times. August 29, 2012. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- "Accreditation List". National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- "Kurukshetra University bags project to boost Nanoscience". The Times of India. Feb 15, 2011. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- "Punjab News Live, Headlines, Channel Live, Online, Live - Sikh News AIU’s All India Inter University Women Boxing Championship 2014-15 concluded - City Air News". cityairnews.com.
- "Kurukshetra women win Varsities Boxing Trophy". punjabnewsexpress.com.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Law". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Top Law Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.