Kurzgesagt's logo, a minimalist representation of Earth
|Type||Privately held company|
|Total views||750+ million[not verified in body]|
|Updated November 7, 2019|
Kurzgesagt (//) is a German animation studio founded by Philipp Dettmer. The studio's YouTube channel focuses on minimalist animated educational content, using the flat design style. It discusses scientific, technological, political, philosophical and psychological subjects. Narrated by Steve Taylor, videos on the channel are typically 4–16 minutes in length, with each available in German through the channel Dinge Erklärt – Kurzgesagt. With over 10 million subscribers, the studio's channel is ranked as the world's 511th largest.
The first video, which explained evolution, was published two days later. The videos were more popular than expected, and in six years the channel went from a project worked on during Dettmer's free time to a design studio with over twenty-five employees.
In 2015, Kurzgesagt was commissioned to do a video on the end of disease for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Thereafter it worked with the foundation on a number of other commissions, including videos about motherhood mortality.
- "Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell YouTube Channel Analytics and Report". www.noxinfluencer.com. Retrieved August 20, 2019.
- "kurzgesagt YouTube Stats, Channel Statistics". socialblade.com. Retrieved March 31, 2019.
- "Kurzgesagt". t3n.de. Retrieved November 3, 2019.[non-primary source needed]
- "About". Kurzgesagt. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- "Kurzgesagt". facebook.com. Retrieved July 27, 2017.[non-primary source needed]
- Kurzgesagt. "Can You Trust Kurzgesagt Videos?". Retrieved March 12, 2019 – via YouTube.
- "kurz – Wiktionary". en.wiktionary.org. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- "gesagt – Wiktionary". en.wiktionary.org. Retrieved December 8, 2019.
- "In a Nutshell – Kurzgesagt – The Shorty Awards". shortyawards.com. Retrieved July 27, 2017.