29 September 1970
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Spouse(s)||Sundar C (m.1997–present)|
Kushboo Sundar is an Indian film actress, producer and television presenter who has acted in more than 200 movies. She is predominantly known for her work in the South Indian film industry. She has received five Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for Best Actress and one Kerala State Film Award – Special Mention.
- 1 Film career
- 2 Temple built for Kushboo by fans
- 3 Involvement with Australian Football
- 4 Accusations against IFFM, Melbourne
- 5 Food Dishes, Products named after Kushboo
- 6 Offer to promote Little Indias in Melbourne
- 7 Politics
- 8 Personal life
- 9 Filmography
- 10 Television
- 11 Reality shows
- 12 Controversies
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Khushbu started her career as a child artist in the Hindi film The Burning Train (1980) in the song "Teri Hai Zameen Tera Aasman". Between 1980–1985 as a child artist she did Hindi films such as Naseeb, Laawaris, Kaalia, Dard Ka Rishta, Bemisal and various others.
Her Pari/Fairy song "Main Pariyon Ki Shehzaadi" from Dard Ka Rishta, a 1982 Hindi movie, had become a major hit, and is still a highly popular song at annual Day School performances, kids parties and Pari/Fairy themed parties in India.
Khushbu played a significant supporting role in Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin (1990), which also starred Aamir Khan and Madhuri Dixit. Her solo dance number "Sare Ladkon Ki Kar Do Shaadi" had become a major hit, and is still popular at "Ladies Sangeet" and marriage functions across North India. After that, she has mostly been working in South Indian film industries. 
South Indian movies
Khushbu was introduced to South Indian screens through the Telugu film Kaliyuga Pandavulu (1986), opposite Venkatesh. After that, she moved her base to Chennai and started focusing on Tamil and other South Indian film industries. She has acted in more than 150 films after moving to the South. 
- She mainly did Tamil films. She went to become a leading actress of Tamil Cinema during her period and has done more than 100 films in Tamil.
- Apart from Tamil films, she has also acted in various Malayalam, Kannada and Telugu films as well.
- In Malayalam, she has acted in many films with Mammotty, Mohanlal, Jayaram and Dileep, notably Uncle Bun, Vrudhanmare Sookshikkuka, Independence, Kaiyoppu (Kerala State Special Jury Award) and also recently, Mr Marumakan.
- In Kannada, she has acted in many films with Ravichandran, notably Ranadheera (1987), Anjada Gandu, Shanthi Kranthi and Yugapurusha.She has acted in Gagana, Aunty Preetse.
- In Telugu, she has acted in many films, mainly opposite Venkatesh and Nagarjuna.
Temple built for Kushboo by fans
During her peak, Kushboo was the leading actress of Tamil cinema. She became the first ever Indian actress for whom her fans built a dedicated temple. Later, a few temples got built for other male and female actors, but Kushboo was the first film star to be bestowed with this honour in India.
Involvement with Australian Football
Khushbu and sprinter Usain Bolt are the Honorary Members of Richmond Football Club, based in Melbourne, Australia. Khushbu was made the number-one ticket holder of Richmond Football Club in 2016, and was the number-one female ticket holder for Richmond Tigers in 2017. She is the first Indian celebrity, and the only Indian female to be bestowed with such an honour in the AFL. 
Khushbu was introduced to AFL Footy (Australian Rules Football) by Former Ministerial Adviser Mr. Nitin Gupta. She had agreed to help promote the AFL Footy in India on being requested by Mr Nitin Gupta, and after taking a guided tour of the Richmond Football Club.  This offer was a goodwill gesture to further strengthen Australia–India relations.
Accusations against IFFM, Melbourne
Khushbu has been very vocal about getting more recognition for South Indian cinema, and the non-Hindi cinema from India on global platforms and film festivals. She has always maintained that Indian cinema is not just about Bollywood movies.
Food Dishes, Products named after Kushboo
During her peak in Tamil Cinema, many dishes in menus across various food outlets in South India were named after Kushboo. Kushboo Idli was the most iconic, and famous food item that was dedicated to her name.  Other products such as Kushboo Jhumki, Kushboo Sarees, Kushboo Sharbet, Kushboo Coffee, Kushboo Cocktails and various other products, and food items were named after Kushboo as well, due to her immense popularity with masses. Many of those items still retain those names.
Offer to promote Little Indias in Melbourne
On being requested by Former Ministerial Adviser Mr. Nitin Gupta, Khushbu offered to help in the promotion of Little India cultural precincts in Melbourne, Australia by becoming its Brand Ambassador. This offer was based on volunteer basis, as a goodwill gesture to engage and help small businesses owned by the Victorian Indian community.
Indian National Congress
Khushbu joined the Indian National Congress on 26 November 2014 after meeting with then Congress President Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, and then Vice-President Mr. Rahul Gandhi. She is currently the National Spokesperson of the INC.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
Khushbu is married to actor/director/producer Sundar C. They have two daughters, Avanthika and Ananditha, after whom they named their production house, Avni Cinemax. She has been living in Chennai for more than 33 years now.
- She is known for her TV show Jackpot and her serials Kalki, Janani and Kungumam.
|Sondhame Endrallum||Sun TV|
|2008–2009||Namma Kudumbam||Radha||Kalaignar TV|
|2012–2014||Paartha Gnabagam Illayo||Oviya||Kalaignar TV|
|2015||Pasamalar||Khusboo (guest role)||Sun TV|
|2017–present||Nandini||Parvathi/Durga Amman||Sun TV |
|2010||Poova Thalaiya||Kalaignar TV|
|2013||Get Ready||E TV||Telugu Show|
|2013||Acham Thavir||Thanthi TV|
|2014||Namma Veetu Mahalakshmi||Zee Tamil|
|2014||Ninaithale Inikkum||Vendhar TV|
|2015 -2016||Simply Khushbu||Zee Tamil||sequel to Ninaithale Inikkum|
Khushbu has also been a judge in reality shows:
- Maanada Mayilada
- Azhagiya Thamizh Maghan
- Junior super stars
In 2005, there was a controversy about her remarks for AIDS awareness. She said that if girls were to have pre-marital sex, they must safe guard themselves and take precautions to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STD). The Supreme Court dismissed all cases registered against Kushboo for her alleged remarks on pre-marital sex.
In January 2006, Maxim magazine featured a full-page morphed photograph showing Kushboo "posing" nude. Khushboo filed two complaints: defamation and the indecent representation of women. The Supreme Court dismissed the anticipatory bail plea by the magazine's editor.
- "Actor-politician Khushbu Sundar silences trolls for 'discovering' she is Muslim – '47 yrs late'!".
- "Andheri to Akbar Road via Madras: The many turns of Khushbu's personal life and politics". 1 March 2016.
- . Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushboo_filmography. Missing or empty
- . Bollywood Life. 29 September 2014 https://www.bollywoodlife.com/south-gossip/happy-birthday-khushbu/. Missing or empty
- . Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushboo_filmography. Missing or empty
- "Khushboo: I was scared when fans erected my temple - KOLLY TALK". 10 February 2011.
- "Baillieu, Khushbu join 43rd Janmasthmi Celebrations at Albert Park". The Indian Sun. 21 August 2017.
- Sun, The Indian (1 March 2017). "Bolt and Khushboo back the Richmond Tigers - The Indian Sun".
- "What do Khushbu and Usain Bolt have in common? Footy!". thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Alex Rance named All-Australian AFL Captain". The Indian Sun. 7 September 2017.
- "Damien Hardwick wins Coach of the Season". The Indian Sun. 27 September 2017.
- "Kushboo finds film inspiration on the Great Ocean Road". standard.net.au. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "IFFM discriminating against non-Hindi Films". SBS. 19 August 2017.
- "WOW Jacquelien meets Khushbu". Bollywood Hungama. 30 September 2017.
- "Khushbu and her love for South Indian Cuisine". The Hindu. 7 November 2017.
- "Khushbu offers to be "Ambassador" for Victoria's Little India precincts". The Indian Sun. 11 August 2017.
- "Guy offers Five Million for Cranbourne Indian precinct". The Indian Sun. 16 August 2018.
- "Actor Kushboo joins Congress - Times of India".
- "Kushboo jumps on the DMK bandwagon". Decan Herald.
- "Kushboo joins DMK".
- Yamunan, Sruthisagar. "Actor Kushboo quits DMK".
- "Front Page: Kushboo enlarged on bail". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 17 November 2005. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Supreme Court dismisses charges against actress Khusboo Sundar". IndiaVision.com. 28 April 2010.
- "SC dismisses anticipatory bail plea of Maxim editor". Dnaindia.com. 2006-05-22. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- PTI 22 May 2006, 12.32pm IST (2006-05-22). "Maxim editor denied bail". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kushboo.|