||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
5 June 1956 |
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Actress, Film producer, TV producer|
Kutty Padmini is a South Indian movie actress who predominantly works in Kollywood. She was a child star in her debut movie Ambala Anjulam (1959). She has also acted in Telugu and Malayalam movies.
Personal life and background
Kutty Padmini was born on 5 June 1956 in Madras in a Tamil family.
Kutty Padmini entered filmdom at the age of 3. She went on to act in many movies as child artist. However, her notable film role was in the 1965 Tamil film Kuzhandaiyum Deivamum along Jaishankar and Jamuna where she played dual roles. She appeared for a dance sequence in the film Maanavan (1970) along with Kamal Haasan, which was also the first adult role for him. She went on to act in other films as a child star and later on as a heroine and in supporting roles. Later she played supporting roles in films like Avargal, Aval Appadithan, both co-starring Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan, Penmani Aval Kanmani and Kan Simittum Neram, the debut film of Sarath Kumar.
In the early 2000s, she launched a production house and worked on three films, all of which failed to have a theatrical release. Kadhal Swasam featuring Karthik, Meena and her own daughter, Keerthana, in the lead roles began production in 2001. The film directed by her husband Prabhu Nepal, failed to find distributors and even after a name change to Dilruba in 2003, the film failed to have a theatrical release. Similarly, Click starring Prabhu, Karthik, Meena and Devayani was also shelved midst production. Another film titled Kaadhal Sokkuthey with Keerthana and Aravind Akash also failed to complete production.
She made a foray into TV megaserials and has churned out quite a few successful TV programmes like Krishnadasi and others.
- Nenjam Marappathillai (1962)
- Sathyabhaama (1963)- Malayalam film
- Dil Ek Mandir (1963) - Hindi film as Uma
- School Master (1964) - Malayalam film as Geetha
- Kuzhandaiyum Deivamum (1965)
- Kuppivala (1965) - Malayalam film as Tharabi
- Devatha (1965) - Malayalam film
- Odayil Ninnu (1965) - Malayalam film as young Lakshmi
- Maanikyakottaram (1966) - Malayalam film
- Navarathri (1966)
- Letha Manasulu (1966) - Telugu film
- Naan - Tamil film
- Thiruvarutselvar (1967)
- Thirumal Perumai (1968)
- Love In Kerala (1968) - Malayalam film
- Nam Naadu (1969)
- Nadi (1969) - Malayalam film
- Avalum Penn Thaane (1974)
- Seemanthaputhran (1976)- Malayalam film
- Avargal (1977)
- Aval Appadithan (1978)
- Penmani Aval Kanmani
- Cinema Cinema (1986)
- Thazhuvatha Kaigal (1986)
- En Kanavar (1989)
- Jallikattu (1987)
- Kan Simittum Neram (1989)
Awards and honours
- National Film Award for Best Child Artist for the movie Kuzhanthaiyum Dheivamum.
- Kerala State Film Award for the movie Odeyil Ninnu.
- Kutty Padmini Actress Felicitated by Rotary Club of Madras
- Kutty Padmini at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|