Kuwait women's national cricket team
|International Cricket Council|
Affiliate member (1998) |
Associate member (2005)
|Women's international cricket|
Kuwait vs. China |
(Kuala Lumpur; 3 July 2009)
|As of 17 March 2016|
The Kuwait women's national cricket team represents the country of Kuwait in international women's cricket. The team is organised by Cricket Kuwait, which has been a member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) since 1998.
Kuwait made its international debut at the 2009 ACC Women's Twenty20 Championship in Malaysia. The team failed to win any of its matches in the group stage, and also lost to Qatar in the eleventh-place play-off, thus finishing twelfth and last overall. Kuwait had greater success at the tournament's 2011 edition, however, placing fourth of five teams in their group and then going on to defeat Bhutan in the seventh-place play-off. At the 2013 ACC Women's Championship, where matches were played over 25 overs, Kuwait won only a single game, against Singapore, and were ranked last of the eleven participants. Outside of Asian Cricket Council (ACC) tournaments, the team also competed in the inaugural edition of the Gulf Cricket Council (GCC) Women's Twenty20 Championship in 2014. They lost to the United Arab Emirates, and did not return for the following year's tournament, owing to scheduling conflict.
In April 2018, the ICC granted full Women's Twenty20 International (WT20I) status to all its members. Therefore, all Twenty20 matches played between Kuwait women and another international side after 1 July 2018 will be a full WT20I.
- Other women's matches played by Kuwait – CricketArchive. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Table: Asian Cricket Council Women's Twenty20 Championship 2009 – CricketArchive. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Kuwait Women v Qatar Women, Asian Cricket Council Women's Twenty20 Championship 2009 (11th Place Play-off) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Kuwait Women v Bhutan Women, Asian Cricket Council Women's Twenty20 Championship 2010/11 (7th Place Play-off) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- Kuwait Women v Singapore Women, Asian Cricket Council Women's Championship 2012/13 (Group B) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- (11 December 2014). "Gulf women gather" – Asian Cricket Council. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- (6 December 2015). "UAE women retain Gulf T20 cricket title" – Emirates 24/7. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "All T20I matches to get international status". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 26 April 2018.