Kuwano Station in September 2015
Okamoto Kuwanochō, Anan-shi, Tokushima-ken 779-1402|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Mugi Line|
|Distance||32.6 km from Tokushima|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||2 + 1 siding|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Disabled access||Yes - platforms linked by ramps and level crossing|
|Opened||27 March 1936|
The station is served by the Mugi Line and is located 32.6 km from the beginning of the line at Tokushima. Besides the local trains on the Mugi Line, the Muroto limited express service between Mugi and Tokushima also stops at the station.
The station consists of two opposed side platforms serving two tracks. The station building is unstaffed and serves only as a waiting room. Access to the opposite platform is by means of a level crossing with ramps at both ends. A siding branches off track 1 and ends near the station building.
|JR Limited Express Services|
|Anan (most trains)||Muroto||Yuki (most trains)|
Japanese Government Railways (JGR) opened the station on 27 March 1936 during the first phase of the construction of the Mugi Line when a track was built from Hanoura to here. On 1 April 1987, with the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR), the successor of JGR, JR Shikoku took over control of the station.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "桑野" [Kuwano Station]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 41, 73. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Kuwano Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "桑野駅" [Kuwano Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 660. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 217. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuwano Station.|
|This Tokushima Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|