Kwaku Ananse (film)
|Kwaku Ananse (2013)|
|Directed by||Akosua Adoma Owusu|
|Produced by||Obibini Pictures, LLC|
|Written by||Akosua Adoma Owusu|
|Screenplay by||Akosua Adoma Owusu
Iram Parveen Bilal
|Music by||Koo Nimo
|Distributed by||Obibini Pictures, LLC|
Kwaku Ananse is a 2013 short film produced and directed by Akosua Adoma Owusu. It is an intensely personal project which draws upon the rich mythology of Ghana. The short film combines semi-autobiographical elements with the tale of Kwaku Ananse, a trickster in West African stories who appears as both spider and man. Ananse teaches us that there are two sides to everything and everyone. The fable of Kwaku Ananse is combined with the story of a young outsider named Nyan Koronhwea attending her estranged father's funeral. At the funeral, she retreats to the woods in search for her father.
Kwaku Ananse was nominated for a Golden Bear at the Berlin International Film Festival and won the Best Short Film award at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards. The film starred Koo Nimo and Grace Omaboe.
- "Akosua Adoma Owusu receiving the Best Short Film award at the 2013 AMAAs". MyJoyOnline TV. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Kwaku Ananse Film by Akosua Adoma Owusu". Berlinale Film Festival. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Kwaku Ananse Trailer". Obibini Pictures, LLC. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Kwaku Ananse at the Internet Movie Database
- Akosua Adoma Owusu at the Internet Movie Database
- Production Company - OBIBINI PICTURES LLC
|This article about a Ghanaian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|