County location in Kenya
|Formed||4 March 2013|
|• Governor||Salim Mvurya|
|• Total||8,270.3 km2 (3,193.2 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Kwale county has an estimated population of 649,931.
Kwale is mainly an inland county, but it has coastline south of Mombasa. Diani Beach is part of the Msambweni division. Shimba Hills National Reserve and Mwaluganje elephant sanctuary are other attractions in the county.
Distribution and Demographics
The Digos are the majority in Msambweni, Lunga Lunga and Matuga while the Durumas are the dominant in Kinango. Most Kambas are found in Kinango and Lunga Lunga with a significant population in Msambweni.
The county has four constituencies:
|* 1999 census. Source:|
|Kubo, Kwale County||48,769||0|
|* 1999 census. Sources:|
Samburu should not be confused with Samburu County.
Towns and settlements
- "Kenya Census 2009 - Census - Kenya". Retrieved 18 April 2018 – via Scribd.
- Kenya: Administrative Division population statistics
- http://treasury.go.ke/cbs.go.ke/pdf/authority.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 23 March 2007.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2007.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)