Kwame Yeboah (musician)
|Born||14 November 1977|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, producer, recording engineer, instrumentalist|
Kwame Yeboah (born 14 or 23 November 1977) is a Ghanaian musician, guitarist, keyboardist, producer, recording- engineer and multi-instrumentalist. Originally from a village in Western Ghana, his love for music led him all around the world working with international artists and back to his home country where he operated his recording studio, Mixstation until early 2017 and is gaining growing success with bands under his name and supervision such as his band Ohia b3y3 ya.
His father A.K. Yeboah was a veteran highlife musician. Kwame grew up in a band house with his many half siblings and his fathers musician friends, surrounded by music, playing drums by age 5 and guitar by age 7, soon moving on to keyboards. At age 18, Kwame left his then girlfriend and young daughter behind to moved to Denmark and study Music (Arrangement and Harmony) and took up workshops with Jazz Artists and music tutors such as Michel Camilo and Danilo Pérez. He also fathered a son with an aspiring Danish singer.
Kwame Yeboah relocated to the UK after being invited to work with Award-winning British Urban artist Ms. Dynamite, which was followed by many TV appearances and live shows. Now based in London, he moved on to working with many British artists such as MPHO, Daniel Bedingfield, Jamie Scott, Rhian Benson, Mis-Teeq, R'n'B/Garage heartthrob Craig David who he recently accompanied on his 2013 World Tour.
Having toured and worked with artists such as Stevie Wonder, Omar, Shaggy, Another Level, Ken Boothe, Tom Jones and many more, Kwame is currently a member of the Supowers working and touring with Sierra Leonean-German Reggae/Soul artist Patrice Bart-Williams as well as Yusuf/Cat Stevens´s Roadsters.
Despite not being in the same country for more than a month going from his home in London to stages all over the world, Kwame is continuously active in his home country Ghana and the Ghanaian music business. He has been known as the keyboardist and music director for Ghana´s number 1 selling artist Kojo Antwi. He is also a part of the Ghanaian Afro-pop band Osibisa.
A priced musician in Ghana, winning the 2010 Ghana Music Award for Best Instrumentalist, Kwame operates his Mixstation Studio out of Accra, Ghana producing and promoting African artists such as Wunmi, Becca, Nana Yaa and Efya. As a musical director, he was responsible for shows like Vodafone Icons Reality Show and Red Lipsticks Concert. His Ohia b3y3 ya Band, also known as OBY, released their first single "Only you" in 2013.
In 2014, he started the sega/reggae fusion band "the sYnergee" with fellow musicians and friends Eric Appapoulay (Vocals and guitar), Joshua McKenzie aka MckNasty (drums), Rick Leon James (bass), Marcina Arnold (percussion) and Karlos Edwards (percussion).
Kwame recently "revived" Ghanaian highlife singer Pat Thomas and brought him along with his Kwashiebu area band to stages around Europe while still touring with heartthrob Craig David.
- Nuhhu, Hadiza (5 February 2013). "HADIZA'S BEAT: Kwame Yeboah — Master keyboardist". Hadizasbeat.blogspot.de. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Kwame Yeboah". UKStop. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Craig David Concert!". davehoangmusic. 2 April 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Patrice Bart-Williams, les musiciens". Patricebartwilliams.free.fr. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Kwame Yeboah Credits - ARTISTdirect Music". Artistdirect.com. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Sarkodie Wins Artist Of The Year Award". Deadlineentertainment.com. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Ludacris, Sarkodie to rock Ghana @ Vodafone's 020 Live concert". Ghanaianagenda.com. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- Yaw, Nana (29 August 2011). "Kwame Yeboah To Stun Red Lipsticks Musical Concert". ModernGhana.com. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Kwame Yeboah's band ready with single | Entertainment News". Graphic.com.gh. 13 April 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "the sYnergee".