|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|• Governor||Kinyoka Kaba Lumuna Godel|
|• Total||78,219 km2 (30,201 sq mi)|
|Population (2005 est.)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
Towns and territories are:
Kwilu was administered as a province from 1962 to 1966, however in 1964 the administration was taken over by the central government due to a rebellion in southwestern Congo. A rebel administration under Pierre Mulele ran most of Kwilu province from January 1964. The province was reconquered by the legal government in June 1965. The provincial government was restored on January 18, 1966, but the province was merged with Kwango District and Mai-Ndombe District to create Bandundu Province.
- 8 Sep 1962 - 18 Jan 1964 Norbert Leta
- Jan 1964 - Nov 1964 Pierre Mulele (b. 1929 - d. 1968)
- (commander-in-chief and Head of the General Direction)
- 18 Jan 1966 - 25 Apr 1966 Henri-Désiré Takizala
Between 1966 and 2015, Kwilu was administered as a district as part of Bandundu Province.
- "RDC: liste de nouveaux gouverneurs de province élus". Radio Okapi. 26 March 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Central Intelligence Agency (2016). "Democratic Republic of the Congo". The World Factbook. Langley, Virginia: Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Stephen L. Weigert, Angola: A Modern Military History 1961-2002, 16-22.
|This Democratic Republic of the Congo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|