Kwok Kin Poon
Dr. Kwok Kin Poon (潘國鍵, 1949- ) was born in Guangdong, China. He is a historian, a teacher, a Chinese calligrapher as well as a columnist. He studied under the renowned Chinese historian, Keng-wang Yen (嚴耕望), at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) in the seventies, and eventually obtained his B.A., M.Phil. degrees, as well as a Diploma in Education from the CUHK. Subsequently, he obtained his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Hong Kong, and a M.Ed degree from the University of Toronto. One of his major contributions to the studies of Chinese History is his book The Northern Wei State and Juan-juan Nomadic Tribe《北魏與蠕蠕關係研究》.
Aside from his academic achievements, Dr. Poon has studied and practiced Chinese Calligraphy for more than fifty years. At the age of 18, he won the First prize in the Hong Kong Chinese Calligraphy Open Competition in 1967. Between 1986-88, Dr. Poon held his first series of Chinese Calligraphy exhibitions in Hong Kong and in Toronto.
Dr. Poon was also an active columnist in the Chinese media both in Hong Kong and Toronto. He wrote for the Hong Kong Wah Kiu Newspapers between 1984-1987, Hong Kong Ming Pao Newspapers between 1992-1995, Canadian Ming Pao Newspapers between 1997-2002, and Canadian Singtao Newspapers between 2003-2005.
- BA 1971 The Chinese University of Hong Kong ( CUHK )
- MPh 1973 CUHK
- DipEd 1976 CUHK
- MA 1980 University of Hong Kong ( HKU )
- PhD 1983 HKU
- MEd 1990 OISE, University of Toronto, Canada
Chinese Calligraphy Exhibitions
- Exhibition of Chinese Calligraphy by Kwok Kin POON 1986, Hong Kong.
- Exhibition of Chinese Calligraphy and Painting by Kwok Kin POON and His Students 1987, Hong Kong.
- Exhibition of Chinese Calligraphy and Painting by Kwok Kin POON and His Students in Toronto 1988, Toronto Canada.
- " On Chinese Calligraphy ", New Asia Life, Vol. 11, Hong Kong, 1968, pp. 3656–3657.
- " The Decree of Heaven and Struggle for Power ", New Asia Life, Vol. 13, Hong Kong, 1971, pp. 4427–4429.
- " On the Duties of Historians ", New Asia Life, Vol.14, Hong Kong, 1971, pp. 4628–4630.
-" A Study on the Age of Hsuan-zhuang's Travel to the West in Tang Dynasty ", Journal by the History Department Society of New Asia College ( CUHK ), Vol. 2, Hong Kong, 1972, pp. 29–46.
- " Mr. Tse Hay and His Chinese Calligraphy ", the Education Col., Wah Kiu Newspapers, Hong Kong, Jan. 4&5, 1984.
- " An Introduction to Chinese Calligraphy ", the Education Col., Wah Kiu Newspapers, Hong Kong, Mar. 4, 1986.
- " Chinese Calligraphy and Chinese Education ", the Education Col., Wah Kiu Newspapers, Hong Kong, June 15–20,25,29, and July 8,13, 1987.
- " A Biography of Mr. Tse Hay and His Achievement in Chinese Calligraphy ", Vol. 6, Shu Pu, Hong Kong, 1988, pp. 36–37.
- " A Critique on Current Hong Kong Education Issues ", the Education Col., Wah Kiu Newspapers, Hong Kong, Nov. 1988 onwards.
- " The Puzzle of A Modern University ", the Education Col., Wah Kiu Newspapers, Hong Kong, Feb. 1990.
- Ming Pao Newspapers, Columns, Hong Kong, 1992 - 1995.
- Ming Pao Newspapers, Columns, Canada, 1997 - 2002.
- Singtao Newspapers, Columns, Canada, 2003 - 2005.
- " Teaching and Calligraphy: My afterthoughts after reading Collection of Ch'ien Mu's letters ", New Asia Life, May 2015, Hong Kong, 2015, pp. 20–21.
- The Northern Wei State and Juan-juan Nomadic Tribe, Taiwan: Commercial Press, 1988.
- An Exhibition of Chinese Calligraphy by Poon Kwok Kin, Hong Kong: Magnanimous Studio, 1986.
- An Exhibition of Chinese Calligraphy by Kwok Kin Poon and His Students, Hong Kong: Magnanimous Studio, 1987.
c. Selected unpublished Thesis
- " A Study on the Boundary of Pe-Chou ( A.D. 557-581 ) ", MPh thesis, CUHK, 1973.
- " A Study on the Teaching Method of Chinese History ", DipEd dissertation, CUHK, 1976.
- " Northern Chou's Relations with the Nomadic Tribes in the North-West ", MA dissertation, HKU, 1980.
- " Mistakes in Some of the Geographical Narrations in the Historical Records of Chou and Sui Dynasties", 1989.
- " A Study on the Race of Tu-yu-hun ", 1992.
- " The Early History of Tu-yu-hun ", 1993.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2015)
- "潘国键_百度百科". baike.baidu.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "潘國鍵 (0051)". www.ocaa.info. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "嚴耕望先生傳略" (PDF).
- "Poon Kwok Kin". www.poonkwokkin.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "北魏與蠕蠕關係研究". www.cp1897.com.hk. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "The Northern Wei state and the Juan-juan nomadic tribe". hub.hku.hk. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- "Kwok Kin Poon's Publications (worldcat.org)".
- "Bei Wei yu Ruru guan xi yan jiu / | University of Toronto Libraries". search.library.utoronto.ca. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- "潘國鍵書法展覽 (1986)". www.blessedden.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "潘國鍵師生書法展覽 (1987)". www.blessedden.com. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "潘國鍵履歷". www.douban.com. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- "盧瑋鑾教授所藏 - 香港文學檔案 — 搜尋結果". hklitpub.lib.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- "潘国键_互动百科". www.baike.com. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- "新亞生活月刊 2015 六月" (PDF).