The station platform in June 2009
|Location||Kyūshirataki, Engaru-cho, Monbetsu-gun, Hokkaido 099-0102
|Operated by||JR Hokkaido|
|Line(s)||■ Sekihoku Main Line|
|Distance||88.3 km from Shin-Asahikawa|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||11 February 1947|
|Closed||25 March 2016|
Kyū-Shirataki Station (旧白滝駅 Kyū-Shirataki-eki?, lit. "Old Shirataki") was a railway station on the Sekihoku Main Line in Engaru, Hokkaido, Japan, operated by Hokkaido Railway Company (JR Hokkaido). Opened in 1947, the station closed in March 2016.
The station had a side platform serving the otherwise single-track line. The station was unstaffed, but had a station structure and waiting room.
|Sekihoku Main Line|
|Limited Express Okhotsk: Does not stop at this station|
|Limited Rapid: Does not stop at this station|
In July 2015, JR Hokkaido announced that it would be closing the station along with three others on the line (Shimo-Shirataki Station, Kami-Shirataki Station, and Kanehana Station) in March 2016, due to low passenger usage. According to a news report, as of January 2016, there was only one passenger using the station regularly; later reports suggest that there were in fact over 10 additional passengers.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 918. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 上白滝・旧白滝・下白滝の３駅も廃止 ＪＲ石北線、来年３月に [3 JR Sekihoku Line stations Kami-Shirataki, Kyu-Shirataki, and Shimo-Shirataki to close next March]. Doshin (in Japanese). Japan: The Hokkaido Shimbun Press. 22 July 2015. Archived from the original on 22 July 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- Poon, Linda (8 January 2016). "Japan Keeps The Defunct Kyu-Shirataki Train Station Open for Just One High-School Girl". CityLab. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Remote Hokkaido train station stays open for one high school girl? Perhaps not". The Straits Times. Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. 18 October 2016. Archived from the original on 4 August 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- 根室線花咲など８駅廃止、７９本減便 ＪＲ北海道がダイヤ改正 [JR Hokkaido introduces revised timetable - 8 stations closed and 79 services cut]. Doshin Web (in Japanese). Japan: The Hokkaido Shimbun Press. 26 March 2016. Archived from the original on 14 April 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- 「秘境」北海道・旧白滝駅舎が解体 地元住民が別れ惜しむ [Remote JR Hokkaido Kyu-Shirataki Station demolished - Locals pay their last respects]. Doshin Web (in Japanese). Japan: The Hokkaido Shimbun Press. 18 October 2016. Archived from the original on 18 October 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kyū-Shirataki Station.|
- JR Hokkaido Station information (Japanese)