Kya Mast Hai Life
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Kya Mast Hai Life
क्या मस्त है लाइफ
Season 1 English title card
|Created by||Buena Vista International
Tenn-Speed TV India
|Written by||Karan Agarwal|
|Opening theme||"Kya Mast Mast Hai Life" by Sangeeth Haldipur and Vasudha Varma|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||126|
|Running time||approximately 25 minutes|
|Original network||Disney Channel India|
|Original release||27 April 2009 – 4 July 2010|
Kya Mast Hai Life (क्या मस्त है लाइफ) was a 2009–2010 Buena Vista International television series produced for Disney Channel India. It was released on 27 April 2009 after a special behind-the-scenes preview on 25 and 26 April. The first season, which ended on 5 November 2009, focused on the lives of five teen friends: Ragini, Zeeshan ('Zee'), Zenia, Ritu and Vir. The second season started on 17 April 2010 and ended on 4 July 2010. It airs on Kohinoor TV in Pakistan. The show is the highest rated comedy television mini series of India. It proved a major career break for all stars of the show.
Antoine Villeneuve, senior vice-president and managing director, Walt Disney Television International India, said, "Teens today are wise and wired. Kya Mast Hai Life follows Disney Channel's philosophy of reflecting them, their families, their universe in an entertaining, safe and family inclusive environment." The channel commissioned production house Tenn-Speed TV India to produce the show.
Darien Amos, managing director of Tenn-Speed TV India, said, "We are excited about producing our first fiction show with a leading teen and family television brand like Disney Channel. Tenn-Speed TV India is well known for its expertise in non-fiction programming and television events. We look forward to establishing similar success with Kya Mast Hai Life in the fiction genre."
The show revolves around five college friends and their daily comical lives.
Ragini Juneja aka Rags is a teenager and the daughter of the Bollywood star Sushmita Juneja. At her new college, Redfield Academy, she meets Zenia Khan, Zeeshan Khan aka Zee (Zenia's twin brother), Veer Mehra and Ritu Shah aka Rits, who are inseparable childhood friends. Ragini initially lies to her friends about her mother, as she doesn't want to be overshadowed by her fame, but they eventually find out and Ragini comes even closer to the group. During a duet, Veer and Ragini fall for each other. Ritu is heartbroken, but soon inclines towards her friend, Aryan. Meanwhile, Zenia agrees to date Jango, the college bully who's had a crush on her since a long time, and college fashion diva Kimmy starts dating Zee.
The events of the second season take place during summer vacations. Zee works at a bookstore of which Mr. Mandal is temporarily in charge. Ritu is shown to be in Ahmedabad. Zee and Zenia's mother is introduced. The season starts off with Zee discovering a magic potion which makes the last thoughts of the characters come true. When Ritu returns, Ragini, Zee, Zenia, and Veer have a wonderful adventure with the magic potion. But when they visit Ragini in Thailand, the magic potion turns out to be a ghost who wants to take revenge on the gang because of a mistake Zee made. Zee eventually defeats him, and they celebrate Ragini's birthday happily. They all breathe a sigh of relief thinking that the magic potion which had caused them so much trouble was gone, but it is actually back in Zee's bag.
The series ends with a triumphant episode and it says that the five will be best friends forever.
Seasons 1 and 2
- Shaheer Sheikh as Veer Mehra. Veer is the handsome one of the gang. Almost every girl in the college is in love with him for his good looks and amazing singing skills. He is usually seen with his guitar. Veer wants to become a singer, but his father pressurises him to become a doctor like him. By the end of the season, he manages to convince his father. Eventually, he falls in love with Ragini.
- Nazneen Ghaani as Ragini Juneja. Ragini is the only daughter of Bollywood star Sushmita Juneja, but she doesn't want to be known for her mother and lies to her friends. She is also very good at singing, another secret that she kept hidden, but Veer eventually finds out about her singing abilities. By the end of the first season, she falls in love with Veer.
- Sana Amin Sheikh as Ritu Shah. Ritu is the innocent, crying baby of the gang. She is from Maharashtra and is usually seen in traditional dresses. In the first season, she is very childish and would easily cry, for which she was nicknamed BBB (binn baadal barsaat) by Zenia, but she eventually grows mature as the series progresses. She used to have a crush on Veer, but after realizing that Veer and Ragini love each other, she starts dating her friend Aryan.
- Ashish Juneja as Zeeshan Khan. Zee is the happy-go-lucky, fun-loving, cool dude in the gang. Zee is the twin-brother of Zenia, whom he usually fights with. Despite that, he loves his sister and friends very much. He is the comic relief character of the series. He is usually seen being bullied by Jango, who he manages to keep calm by mentioning his crush on Zenia.
- Shweta Tripathi as Zenia Khan. Zenia is the tomboyish twin-sister of Zee, but is younger than him by 40 minutes. She usually fights with her brother, but she loves him and her friends very much. By the end of the first season, she finally accepts Jango's love.
- Manini Mishra as Sushmita Juneja. Sushmita is a Bollywood star and the mother of Ragini. She is a loving mother and fulfills all of her daughter's wishes. She has cameos throughout the first season and finally meets her daughter's friends by the end of the first season.
- Vishakha Dugarh as Kimmy. Kimmy is the leader of the Titlis gang. She is a spoiled rich girl who is in love with Veer. When Ragini joined Veer's gang, at first she used to look down upon her thinking that she comes from an ordinary family. In the final episode of the first season, she reveals to Zee that she has fallen in love with him for his comic behavior.
- Anamika Bhalla as Dia. She used to be one of Kimmy's sidekicks with Tia until they were replaced by Ria and Lia.
- Reena Agarwaal as Tia. She used to be one of Kimmy's sidekicks with Dia until they were replaced by Ria and Lia.
- Sumana Das as Ria. She became Kimmy's sidekick with Lia after replacing Dia and Tia.
- Romi Gupta as Lia. She became Kimmy's sidekick with Lia after replacing Dia and Tia.
- Sonali Mahimtura Sachdev as Ms. Sandra D'Souza.
- Bhuvanesh Shetty as Mr. Priyanshu Mandal.
- Manmauji as Ramu Kaka.
- Sadhana Sharma as Panchhi Mehra. She is Veer's sister.
Season 1 only
- Prabal Panjabi as Jango. Jango is a bully who is usually seen bullying Zee. He loves Zee's sister Zenia, a matter by which Zee escapes from his wrath. By the end of the first season, he manages to make Zenia love him back. His catchphrase is "Shut Up!".
- Rajesh Jais as Mr. Babeshwar.
- Rohit Bhardwaj as Aryan.
- Iqbal Khan as Disco, the canteen manager.
- Devansh Doshi as Paresh Bhai.
- Hiten Tejwani as Mr. Singhania.
- Mihir Mishra as Mr. Mehra.
Season 2 only
- Delnaaz Paul as Mrs. Zarina Khan, Zeeshan and Zenia's mother.
- Alankar Kapoor as Buzz Sharma.
- Vishal Malhotra as Maya Mantar.
The entire soundtrack was sung by the members of the Aasma Band
Awards and titles
Indian Telly Awards 2009
- Best Kids' Show: Kya Mast Hai Life
Kya Mast Hai Life: The Best of Season 1 was released in April 2010. It consists of 15 handpicked episodes from season 1, a special blooper reel, and free posters.
KMHL fanzines were released in April 2010. There are three fanzines that include interviews with the main cast.
|Season||Episodes||First airdate||Last airdate|
|Season 1||100||27 April 2009||5 November 2009|
|Season 2||26||17 April 2010||4 July 2010|
Kya Mast Hai Life Season 2 received a good response, but not as that of season 1. But even if the show's second season received poor ratings, shows like Ishaan and Best of Luck Nikki couldn't reach the overwhelming ratings of Kya Mast Hai Life. The first season's response was excellent. Due to their popularity, the Disney India offered them many advertisements and soon the show became award-winning . The show's rating is of about 2.5. It is the highest rated show on Disney India till date and the second season's highest was 1.3.
- Disney Channel's new show with newcomers
- Disney Channel to launch Kya Mast Hai Life on 27 April | Televisionpoint.com News
- Kya Mast Hai Life's second season started on 17 April and ended on 4 July after a one-hour season finale.
- "Disney Channel launches tween show 'Kya Mast Hai Life'". IndiaInfoline. 2009-04-03. Retrieved 2009-09-05.