Kya Yahi Sach Hai
Kya Yahi Sach Hai is an international award-winning film directed by former IPS officer Yogesh Pratap Singh. The film is based on Mr. Singh's novel 'Carnage by Angels' which was released in 2003, which exposed the rampant corruption and malpractices that go on in the police force.
The film won the Silver Award in the Narrative Film Category of the California Film Awards in 2010. and the Best story award for Y P Singh in IRDS Film awards 2011 by Institute for Research and Documentation in Social Sciences (IRDS), a Lucknow-based Civil society for being a very genuine and truthful story about governance and policing.
Kya Yahi Sach Hai was released on 30 December 2011 in cinemas across India.
Raghu Kumar is a young trainee Indian Police Service (IPS) officer. During the course of his training, he is being taught cycle patrolling in the streets when the head constable giving training comes out with certain startling revelations. This head constable gives an honest confession about his largely corrupt activities in the detection branch of Kotwali Police Station and how one incident changed his life, and which made him give up corruption and take to honesty.
Overwhelmed in emotions, this IPS officer and his wife resolve not to earn bribes in the police as that would be an unforgivable sin - A Carnage by Angels! But as this officer goes to the district police in Kolhapur and then to Mumbai police, he starts confronting the real picture. What he saw was a profound nexus of police, bureaucrats, power-brokers, and politicians - all hidden by the glittering curtain of "Rule of Law" and administrative sophistication. As this emotional story unfolds, what emerges in the film is a graphic narration of intrigue, deceit, sex, love and money in the world of glamour, police, bureaucracy, politicians, citizens, corporate bodies, powerbrokers, doctors and media.
The shooting for the film began in mid-2009. Most of the shoot was done at authentic police locations in Mumbai, Pune and Daund, a railway junction approximately 90 kilometers from Pune.
The film was released on 30 December 2011.
- Kya Yahi Sach Hai. "Kya Yahi Sach Hai Website". Website of Kya Yahi Sach Hai. Antares Films. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "California Film Awards | 2010 Silver Awards". Calfilmawards.com. Archived from the original on 23 April 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- "Hindi film awards for social causes". Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Kya Yahi Sach Hai. "KYA YAHI SACH HAI Cast & Crew". KYA YAHI SACH HAI Cast & Crew. oneindia.in. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- Kya Yahi Sach Hai. "Music Review of Kya Yahi Sach Hai". Music Review of Kya Yahi Sach Hai. mouthshut.com. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- India, Rediff. "MS Dhoni At Film Kya Yahi Sach Hai Music Release In Mumbai". Rediff Bollywood Photos. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Film Awards Website, California. "The California Film Awards". 2010 Winners. C. Archived from the original on 23 April 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2011.