Kyaa Kool Hai Hum
|Kyaa Kool Hai Hum|
|Directed by||Sangeeth Sivan|
|Narrated by||Johnny Lever|
|Distributed by||Balaji Motion Pictures|
|Budget||₹50 million (US$700,000)|
|Box office||₹203.6 million (US$2.8 million)|
Kyaa Kool Hain Hum (Translation: How Cool Are We) is a 2005 Bollywood adult comedy film directed by Sangeeth Sivan and produced by Ekta Kapoor. It features Tusshar Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh in lead roles. The film was released on 6 May 2005, and managed to succeed at the box office, despite receiving a negative critical response. It was one of the first Bollywood films to feature adult comedy. The film spawned two sequels, Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum and Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3.
Rahul (Tusshar Kapoor) is sincere and hardworking whilst Karan (Riteish Deshmukh) is just the opposite. Both are best friends and cool wannabes. When the city is rocked with a series of rape and killings, the police with psychiatrist/psychologist Dr. Screwvala (Anupam kher) are in search of this dreaded Serial Killer, and Rahul becomes the prime suspect, yet being innocent. Things take a funny turn when the job of nabbing Rahul is entrusted to a violent lady Inspector called Urmila Martodkar (Isha Koppikar) who enters Rahul's life on a pretext, and tries to seduce him into showing his true nature. Rahul falls in love with her and she loves him back, not remembering she is on a police force mission. By this time, Karan falls in love with D.K.(Rajendranath Zutshi) i.e. his boss's ex Kiran (Bobby Darling) who is actually the brother of Rekha (Neha Dhupia) a psychologist and Karan's ex college mate.
After a roller coaster ride of mistaken identities and comedy of errors, the film reaches its crescendo when Karan is about to wed Kiran at the temple, but he is not knowing that she is a transvestite but Rekha and D.K. reach on time, where D.K. takes Kiran away and Rekha reveals that it was she who used to call and write letters to him on name of Kiran, Karan realises his true love and reunites with her. The police are on the verge of arresting Rahul as the rapist.When Rahul was about to be arrested, the true rapist reveals himself who turns out to be Uma Shankar Tripathi (Rajpal Yadav) and is arrested by police. Rahul and Urmila reunite and the film ends.
- Tusshar Kapoor as Rahul
- Riteish Deshmukh as Karan
- Neha Dhupia as Rekha
- Isha Koppikar as Inspector Urmila Martodkar
- Anupam kher as Dr. Screwvala
- Shoma Anand as Parva
- Bobby Darling as Kiran
- Rajendranath Zutshi as D.K.
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Hira Hingorani
- Anil Nagrath as Flat owner
- Dinesh Hingoo as Flat buyer
- Vijay Patkar as Constable
- Razzak Khan as Popat (Laundry wala)
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Watchman
- Rajpal Yadav as Uma Shankar Tripathi / Rapist (Cameo appearance)
- Sophiya Chaudhary as Host of Mtv Style night (Special appearance)
- Johnny Lever as the Narrator
- Jay Sean Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
- Juggy D Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
- Veronica Mehta Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
- Rishi Rich Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
|1.||"Chaska"||Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|2.||"Dil Mera (One Night)"||Jay Sean, Juggy D, Rishi Rich|
|3.||"Kya Kool Hain Hum"||Anu Malik, KK, Kunal Ganjawala|
|4.||"We Are So Different"||Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kunal Ganjawala|
|5.||"Jaago Na"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Sowmya Raoh, Gayatri|
Sequels named Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum & Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 were released in July 2012 & January 2016 respectively. Deshmukh and Kapoor play the lead roles, while new additions include Sarah-Jane Dias and Neha Sharma. In Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 had Tusshar Kapoor and Aftab Shivdasani who replaced Ritesh Deshmukh in third installment.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Theatrical Trailer! - BollySpice". bollyspice.com. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Sarah Jane Dias, Neha Sharma in 'Kya Kool Hai Hum' sequel". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 10 April 2012.