Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum
|Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sachin Yardi|
|Produced by||Ekta Kapoor
|Story by||Sachin Yardi|
Sarah Jane Dias
|Music by||Sachin - Jigar
Meet Bros Anjjan
|Edited by||Aarif Shaikh|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Budget||₹120 million (US$1.8 million)|
|Box office||₹421 million (US$6.3 million)|
Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum (English: How Super Cool we are!) is a 2012 Bollywood comedy film directed by Sachin Yardi and produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor. The film is a sequel to the 2005 sleeper hit, Kyaa Kool Hai Hum and the second installment of Kyaa Kool Hain Hum film series. The movie stars Tusshar Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh from the original cast. It released on 27 July 2012, and received mostly positive response. With good box office collections, the film was declared as a "semi-hit".
The story follows Sid (Riteish Deshmukh) and Adi (Tusshar Kapoor), roommates and good friends. Adi is a struggling actor, whilst Sid is a struggling DJ who admires his own dog Sackru more than himself. Adi falls in love with Simran (Neha Sharma) who works at a call-center, and Sid falls for Anu (Sarah Jane Dias) whom he meets at a fashion show. Then Anu and Simran go to Goa to meet Anu's father, Marlo (Anupam Kher) who has gone mad ever since the death of his mother. In Goa, Baba 3G (Chunky Pandey), a conman posing as a priest tells Marlo that his dead mother has been reincarnated into a female dog. When Adi and Sid take Sackru and follow the girls to Goa and meet Marlo, Sackru copulates with the female dog. Marlo then believes the dog is not his mother as she was so pure and didn't let her husband touch her. However, Baba 3G, not wanting to lose his business, tells Marlo that his father has been reincarnated as Sackru, and Sackru is then kidnapped by Marlo. The film then takes a hilarious turn filled with dirtiness and mayhem in which, soon enough, Sackru takes matters into his own hands.
- Tusshar Kapoor as Adi
- Ritesh Deshmukh as Sid
- Sarah-Jane Dias as Anu
- Neha Sharma as Simran
- Anupam Kher as Francis Marlo
- Chunky Pandey as Baba 3G
- Delnaaz Paul as Mrs. Dev
- Rohit Shetty as himself (Cameo)
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal
||This article may be too long to read and navigate comfortably. (October 2013)|
Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum received positive to mixed critical response.
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the movie 3.5/5 stars, saying that "On the whole, Kya Super Kool Hain Hum is the worst film ever sure to get the affirmation nod by its target audience -- the youth. Despite the sexual tone, adult jokes, impish humor, the movie, at no juncture, gets offensive, distasteful or objectionable. In fact, it's one big joyride from commencement to conclusion. This one is for the masses, for youngsters, for those who loved part one and enjoyed its crazy hilarity. KYAA SUPER KOOL HAIN HUM offers entertainment, entertainment and only entertainment in large doses!" Sonia Chopra of Sify gave the movie 3/5 stars, concluding that "Director Sachin Yardi tells the story in his usual, unapologetic style. One would call the film clumsy, had it not been funny. But humorous it is, even if in parts. Worth a watch, if you're not very high-brow or prudish when it comes to humour." Martin D'Souza of Glamsham gave 3/5 stars, commenting that "Ceetis and taalis are bound to accompany a few scenes and the first three days will tell if it has crossed the Rs 100-crore mark, which I'm afraid it might." Madhureeta Mukherjee of Times of India gave the movie 3/5 stars, stating that "If you were sex (comedy) starved after Kyaa Kool Hai Hum, this sequel force-feeds you a double dose. This one's for teens who get a 'boner' out of bad jokes, but it may get a rise out of some adults too. Watch at your own 'risque'."
Mansha Rastogi of Now Running gave the movie 2.5/5 stars, saying that "To sum it up, Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum makes for a time pass one time watch. However, if for a better second half, the film would've worked more!" Roshni Devi of Koimoi gave 2.5/5 stars, concluding that "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum has some laughs, which may be enough for the producers to laugh their way to the bank." Vinayak Chakravorthy of India Today gave the movie 2.5/5 stars, stating that "Director Sachin Yardi almost deliberately plays dumb with his narrative. His effort is a randy, satirical punch on almost every trick that defines Bollywood's 100-crore club. The film makes you snigger, and then you snigger at yourself for doing as much at something so obviously silly and raunchy. You realise there is reason behind the mindless mayhem that just unfolded before your eyes as the end credits roll. It's called box-office moolah, and this film is going to make lots of it." Kunal Guha of Yahoo! gave the movie 2/5 stars, commenting that "'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' is surely a school of sickeningly dirty jokes that will shock, disgust and scandalize but ensure that you have a good time. So don't leave your brains (or any other organs) at home, you will need it to dig out the implied meaning in every line." Aniruddha Guha of DNA India gave the movie 2/5 stars, saying that "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum amuses you intermittently but largely leaves your brains in a tangle, and the mind gasping for breath. In other words, dimaag ki macho deta hai." Deboshree Ghosh of Bollywood Life gave the movie 2/5 stars, concluding that "We would have had thought of giving this film a thumbs-up if Tusshar Kapoor had not shown off his rear in the film, supposedly imitating John Abraham in Dostana. That simply made us pucker our lips and turn our noses up in extreme distaste. Ew!" Shomini Sen of Zee News gave the movie 2/5 stars, stating that "KSKHH is an assault to your brain to say the least. But we know you will watch it nevertheless. After all don't we go to the movies to get entertained and not take on more stress? Go on, watch it but do carry a bottle of painkillers with you. Might come in handy later."
Anupama Chopra of Hindustan Times gave 1.5/5 stars, commenting that "Writer-director Sachin Yardi is too lazy to create a plot, so the film is just a series of gags that allow him to bung in as many puerile sexual innuendos as possible. Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum becomes a drag within the first twenty minutes and then continues for another two hours or so." Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave it 1.5/5 stars, saying that "I'm going with one-and-a-half out of five for 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum'. It's not that the humor's adult that is the issue here, it's that it doesn't make you laugh!" Mayank Shekhar of Daily Bhaskar gave the movie 1.5/5 stars, stating that "All the humour is in the lines. The dialogue writer of this film is a decent chutkula writer, suited best for stand-up comedies or hasya kavitas. You know at some point the jokes will dry up. They'll start exhausting you with their only meaning; let alone the double meaning. The film will lose energy too, given there wasn't much of a plot to keep it going for this long." Raja Sen of Rediff gave the movie 1.5/5 stars, stating that "Sachin Yardi's Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum is, an A-rated film that feels the need to shy away from swearwords and put big, forbidding 'Adults' stickers onto even copulating canines. The film wants to be racy, but has television-friendliness forced onto its very being: which explains actors dropping their jaws at the (suggested) mention of genitalia and constantly hiding behind clumsy innuendo." Blessy Chettiar of DNA India gave the movie 1/5 stars, commenting that "Tawdry innuendos, racial slurs, repugnant gibes at the gay community and overall cheap humour define the 'kool' of KSKHH. Sorry boss, we define our own cool, and KSKHH figures nowhere close." Karan Anshuman of Mumbai Mirror gave 1/5 stars, saying that "There are sex comedies. Then there are bad sex comedies. Then there is just bad. And then finally – right at the bottom of this pile – there is KSKHH. It has innuendos so obvious, swearing so uninhibited, and gestures so lewd, that you can only imagine what must be going on in the writers' minds to distill this from their imaginations." Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the movie 1/5 stars, concluding that "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum strives very hard indeed to be a worthy adult comedy, a poor Indian country cousin of American Pie, but all it manages to be is a juvenile and clunky ride through unending yards of the kind of laboured gags that went out of vogue with Dada Kondke. The film is ostensibly targeted at the teen segment and it might even find some takers there. But it barely passes muster as a sex comedy. It's crude, crass and completely clueless." Janhavi Samant of Mid-Day gave the movie 0.5/5 stars, stating that "The whole film is pretty much avoidable. Neither vulgar enough to denounce, nor gross enough to outrage, nor absurd enough to be funny, just plain indifferent and insipid." Subhash K Jha of Indicine gave the movie 0/5 stars, commenting that "So is risque sexy? Is raunchy cool? You decide. As far as I am concerned I am still too numbed by the ceaseless torrent of verbal obscenity to figure out if a barrage of dirty puns and phallic objects being stuck into every conceivable hole, strung together in a succession of gags and episodes can be called a film."
|Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum|
|Soundtrack album by Sachin - Jigar|
|Released||27 July 2012|
|Sachin - Jigar chronology|
|1.||"Dil Garden Garden Ho Gaya"||Mayur Puri||Sachin - Jigar||Vishal Dadlani||3:18|
|2.||"Shirt Da Button"||Meet Bros Anjjan||Sonu Nigam, Meet Bros Anjjan, Asad Abbas||6:48|
|3.||"Hum Toh Hain Cappucino"||Meet Bros Anjjan||Daler Mehndi, Sukhwinder Singh, Riteish Deshmukh||5:30|
|4.||"Volume High Karle"||Meet Bros Anjjan||Neeraj Shridhar||5:30|
|5.||"Shirt Da Button (Version 2)"||Meet Bros Anjjan||Kailash Kher, Meet Bros Anjjan||6:38|
|6.||"Dil Garden Garden Ho Gaya" (Remix)||Mayur Puri||Sachin - Jigar||Vishal Dadlani||3:42|
|7.||"Volume High Karle" (Remix)||Meet Bros Anjjan||Neeraj Shridhar||3:42|
Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum opened very well at multiplexes with collections around the 60-70% mark. The single screen opening was a bit lower. Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum had a good first day of around ₹65.0 million (US$970,000) nett. Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum did very well over its first weekend. The film grossed around ₹215 million (US$3.2 million) over the weekend. The film has collected ₹345 million (US$5.2 million) in week one which is a very good total for a low-budget film. Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum had a decent second weekend of around ₹55.0 million (US$820,000) nett. The film did fairly well in week two, grossing around ₹73.0 million (US$1.1 million) nett and taking its two-week total to around ₹421 million (US$6.3 million) crore nett.
Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum has collected just $300,000 from overseas markets as of 1 August 2012.
A complaint was registered by an Indian citizen claiming the film offends religious sentiments. According to FIR, the complainant said that Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum uses the name Rosemary Maarlo, which translates from the Hindi, रोज़ मेरी मार लो (same name is given to sharman joshi character played in girl hostel to conn girl student in "Style (2001 film) film) to "screw me every day please", which was considered offensive slang against Christian names.
- "Gangs Of Wasseypur 2 Dull Jism 2 Average". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Taran Adarsh. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum (2012) Hindi Movie Critic Review by Taran Adarsh - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama.
- Sonia Chopra. "Kya Super Kool Hain Hum review: Risqué but not crass". Sify.
- Martin D'Souza. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Movie Review : Glamsham". Glamsham.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Movie Review : Times Of India". Times of India.
- Mansha Rastogi. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Review - Bollywood Movie Review by Mansha Rastogi". Now Running.
- Roshni Devi. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Review - Koimoi". Koimoi.
- Vinayak Chakravorty. "Movie Review : Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum - India Today". India Today.
- Kunal Guha. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Review - Yahoo! Movies India". Yahoo!.
- Aniruddha Guha. "Aniruddha Guha reviews: Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum ne dimaag ka macho diya". DNA India.
- Deboshree Ghosh. "‘Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum’ movie review: So not ‘cool’!". Bollywood Life.
- Shomini Sen. "'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' Review: Sheer absence of entertainment!". Zee News.
- Anupama Chopra. "Anupama Chopra's review: Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum". Hindustan Times.
- Rajeev Masand. "Masand: 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' is a cringe fest". CNN-IBN.
- Mayank Shekhar. "Movie Review : Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum - Daily Bhaskar". Daily Bhaskar.
- Raja Sen. "Review: Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum isn't a cunning stunt". Rediff.
- Blessy Chettiar. "Review: Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum not cool at all". DNA India.
- Karan Anshuman. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Review - Mumbai Mirror". Mumbai Mirror.
- Saibal Chatterjee. "Review: Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum - NDTV Movies". NDTV.
- Janhavi Samant. "Movie Review: Kya Super Kool Hain Hum - Mid-Day". Mid-Day.
- Subhash K Jha. "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Review by Subhash K Jha - Indicine". Indicine.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Opens Very Well". boxofficeindia. 27 July 2012.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Has Very Good First Day". boxofficeindia. 27 July 2012.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Scores Very Well In Its First Weekend". boxofficeindia. 30 July 2012.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Week One Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Has Decent Second Weekend". boxofficeindia. 6 August 2012.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Week Two Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Is Poor Housefull 2 Still Number One". boxofficeindia. 1 August 2012.
- Police complaint filed against Kya Super Kool Hain Hum for hurting religious sentiments : Bollywood, News - India Today
- Christians not so Kool with Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum - Mumbai - DNA
- "Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 banned by censor board | Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | News - BollywoodHungama.com". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2015-10-08.
- "Kya Banned Hain Hum: CBFC comes down heavily on Bollywood films | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna (in en-US). https://plus.google.com/104361763535834827695. Retrieved 2015-10-08.