25 July 1947
|Awards||Nay Ga Mway De La (2003)|
Kyaw Hein (Burmese: ကျော်ဟိန်း [tɕɔ̀ héɪɴ]; born 25 July 1947) is a five-time Myanmar Academy Award winning Burmese film actor, film director, and singer. Born Kyaw Htay (ကျော်ဌေး), Kyaw Hein starred in hundreds of films, and directed several films, and was considered one of the most important actors in Burmese cinema. However, in 2008, on his 61st birthday, he announced he would retire from the film industry to live as an Theravada Buddhist monk. He holds the Dharma name Kittisāra (ကိတ္တိသာရ).
Kyaw Hein made his film debut with Hpuza Lanzon at age 20 but became famous with his fourth film Chit Tha-La Mon Tha-La.
- Hpuza Lanzon (1968)
- Chit Tha-La Mon Tha-La
- A-Ka Ga A-Chit A-Hnit Ga Myitta (1979)
- Mun-Tet Chein Hma Ne Win Thi (1982)
- Pan Myaing Le Ga U-Yin Hmu (1989)
- Way Le Hmway Kyway Le Hmway (1994)
- Nay Ga Mway De La (2003)
- Ashaik (Also Known As: Taste of Evil)
- Birmanie Myanmar. Petit Futé. p. 109. ISBN 978-2-7469-1599-2.
- Nilar (2008-07-28). "Life as monk for actor Kyaw Hein". The Myanmar Times. Myanmar Consolidated Media Co. Ltd. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- Sandah Aung (2002-12-02). "The Myanmar king of rock and reel". The Myanmar Times.
- The New York Times – Ashike