Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- вищий навчальний заклад ”Київський медичний університет УАНМ”
Emblem of Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
|Latin: Pryvatny vyshchy navchalny zaklad “Kyivsky medychny universytet UANM”|
|Motto||No one is born a doctor, become one at KMU.|
|Rector||Tumanov Viktor Andrievych, Prof,MD. Hero of Ukraine|
|Undergraduates||Faculty of General, Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Postgraduates||Faculty of Postgraduate Education|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, IAU, EUA, WHO|
Kyiv Medical University of UAFM is an Ukrainian higher learning institution for medical education. Established in 1992, KMU is the oldest private medical university in Ukraine. KMU has trained over 10,000 health personnel — mainly general practitioners; dentists, pharmacists and post graduates. As of May 2019, about 1120 foreign students study at KMU from 56 countries. As a university with the highest level of accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, all degrees issued to foreign students are legalized and apostilized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine or the Embassy.
Kyiv Medical University (KMU) is recognized and listed in all relevant international directories of medical universities such as the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Graduates are eligible to write the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) and certificates are recognized by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in US and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification and Licensure hence may pursue residency and postgraduate education in these countries.
The university is also registered in the AVICENNA Directory which is maintained by the University of Copenhagen in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), hence KMU is fully recognized by the WHO all governments.
The university's Foundation for advancement of international medical education and research (FAIMER) School ID is F0002349.
Kyiv Medical University (KMU) is recognized by the Ghana Dental and Medical Council , Nigerian Dental and Medical Council , Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, European Council of Medicine , Indian Medical Council and General Medical Council of UK just to name a few. It has joint research and partnership relations with many scientific institutions of the former USSR and various countries, such as Medical University of Warsaw in Poland, Center of Control and Prophylaxis of Diseases of Department of Health Protection (CDC, US), the southern Kazakhstan scientific and practical conference with international participation and contract with Knurów Sląsk Hospital, Poland about organization of medical practice for students in 4th and 5th courses of medical faculty of KMU.
1. Admission of Ukrainian students based on Independent External Evaluation performed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine : KMU is 8th among 200 In 2018 Kyiv Medical University was ranked 8th among all Ukrainian higher education institutions by passing score level.
2. Private higher education institutions ranking based on Scopus citation database data: Ranked 5th among 13 private higher education institutions.
3. Consolidated rating of Ukrainian universities 2018: Kyiv Medical University was ranked 119th among 237 higher education institutions.
4. Best higher education institutions of Kyiv: Ranked 25th among 61 higher education institutions.
5. Top 10 private universities in Ukraine: KMU ranked 6th among 10.
6. Amount of admitted Ukrainian students for the 1st year of study among all private educational establishments: KMU is 11th among 126 universities. Considering the peculiarities of medical education this rating does take into account all the categories of admitted graduate and postgraduate students. Throughout 2018-2019 study year, KMU had admitted more than 600 students. If it would considered, KMU will take 3rd position in this rating. Was ranked 11th among 126.
7. Two higher education medical institutions showed the highest average External Independent Evaluation score growth dynamic – Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy public institution and Kyiv Medical University of UAFM private institution, that increased the average score of their enrolling students by 21,13 and 14,95 respectively. Was ranked 1st among 10.
8. During the enrollment campaign of 2018, Kyiv Medical University of UAFM took 5th place among 10 best medical universities with best External Independent Evaluation average scores, was ranked 5th among 10.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Anatomy, Topographic Anatomy and Operative Surgery
- Department of Internal and Occupational Diseases
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Infectious Diseases, Phthisiology and Pulmonology
- Department of Neurology, Psychiatry, Reflexology and Manual Therapy, Exercise Medicine and Sports Medicine
- Department of Pathological Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine
- Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Microbiology and Epidemiology
- Department of Physiology, Medical Biology and Biological Physics
- Department of Surgical Diseases №1
- Department of Surgical Diseases № 2
- Department of Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry
- Department of Orthopedic Dentistry and Orthodontics
- Department of Therapeutic Dentistry
- Department of Surgical Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Pharmacology, Pathophysiology, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacy, Drug Technology
- Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, Pharmacognosy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Management, Clinical Pharmacy, Drug Technology
- Department of Phytotherapy, Homeopathy, Bioenergy Information Medicine
- Department of Chemistry
- Official Instagram Page of Kyiv Medical University
- Official Facebook Page of Kyiv Medical University
|This Ukrainian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|