|Birth name||Kyle Thomas Harvey|
|Also known as||
May 18, 1993|
Northridge, California, U.S.
|Origin||Ventura, California, U.S.|
Kyle Thomas Harvey (born May 18, 1993), better known by his stage name and mononym Kyle (stylized as KYLE and formerly known as K.i.D), is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor from Ventura, California. He is best known for his breakout single "iSpy", featuring American hip-hop artist Lil Yachty. Kyle is signed to Indie-Pop and Atlantic Records.
Kyle has collaborated with artists such as Kehlani, Lil Yachty, G-Eazy, Chance the Rapper, Miguel, MadeinTYO, Yuna, Ty Dolla Sign, and among others. None the less Kyle has said rapper Wiz Khalifa is one of his many ideals he has yet to work with. Some of his songs in addition to "iSpy", include "Keep It Real", "Doubt It", "King Wavy" and "Playinwitme".
Kyle Harvey was born in the Reseda neighborhood of Los Angeles, to a single mother, in a home of eight family members and two siblings. He grew up one hour away in Ventura, California. He stated that he has a speech impediment and during his youth and was bullied because of it. Kyle attended Ventura High School and regularly took part in drama classes which helped his confidence largely.
He started singing at the age of six and was writing and performing his own songs by elementary school. Harvey started rapping when he was about 13 years old and began recording music after hearing Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon. Harvey's first songs were recorded on PreSonus' Studio One recording software using his aunt's computer while in high school.
In October 2015, he released his follow up mixtape Smyle. Kyle's first music video to reach one million views was Keep it Real, which was accomplished later that year.
In December 2016, he released the single "iSpy", featuring Lil Yachty. The song gained widespread recognition for Kyle. The song peaked at number 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 14 on the Canadian Hot 100.
In March 2018, alongside the release of his single "Playinwitme" featuring Kehlani, Kyle announced that Khalid would be featured on a track titled "I Miss Me". Kyle's debut studio album Light of Mine was released on May 18, 2018.
- Light of Mine (2018)
- The After Party (2018)
- "KYLE Signs to Atlantic Records – Fashionably-Early". fashionably-early.com. February 7, 2017. Retrieved June 2, 2017.
- ""ISpy" - KYLE ft. Lil Yachty". Artistic Manifesto. Retrieved January 12, 2017.
- "Kyle and Lil Yachty Ignore the Haters in "iSpy"". XXL. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "Kyle & Lil Yachty – "iSpy"". HYPEBEAST. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "10 New Artists You Need to Know Now". Rolling Stone. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- "Meet Kyle, the "iSpy" MC Who Wants to Be Rap's John Lennon". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2017-10-01.
- "Kyle Is Rapping and Playing It Safe". vice.com. December 3, 2014. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "K.i.D". K.i.D. Retrieved June 2, 2017.
- "Bout to Blow: 10 Dope New Songs You Should Be Hearing Everywhere Soon". Complex. January 3, 2017. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- GEazyMusicVEVO (2014-05-28), G-Eazy - I Mean It (Official Music Video) ft. Remo, retrieved 2018-09-12
- "Kyle – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Kyle". Billboard. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- "Kyle – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Kyle". Billboard. Retrieved January 31, 2017.
- "XXL Freshman 2017 Cover Revealed". XXL. June 13, 2017. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- "New Music: KYLE feat. Kehlani – 'Playinwitme'". Rap-Up. March 20, 2018. Retrieved March 21, 2018.