January 13, 1990 |
North Vancouver, B.C., Canada
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
Hartford Wolf Pack
EC Red Bull Salzburg
|NHL Draft||11th overall, 2008
Kyle Beach (born January 13, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently under contract with EC VSV in the Austrian Hockey League (EBEL). Beach played junior hockey for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League. Beach was originally selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round (11th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Beach has spent most of his professional hockey career with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the AHL. At the start of the 2013–14 season, Beach briefly played for HV71 of the Swedish Elite League. He joined the Wolfpack after the New York Rangers acquired his rights in a trade with the Blackhawks.
Beach is a power forward that plays a tough, physical game accompanied by offensive skill. After his first season in the Western Hockey League (WHL), he was named the league's Rookie of the Year. His aggressive play led to multiple concussions and a sports hernia while playing for the Everett Silvertips. After being named the 2006–07 WHL Rookie of the Year, Beach was projected to be a top 5 pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. However, his on-ice reputation and discipline issues made teams hesitant to draft him. Later in his WHL career, Beach bounced around, spending time with the Lethbridge Hurricanes and the Spokane Chiefs.
Beach made his professional debut with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the American Hockey League (AHL) at the end of the 2008–09 season. Until the start of the 2013–14 season, Beach had spent his entire professional career with the Ice Hogs. When HV71, of the Swedish Elite League ran into injury trouble, Beach joined the club for three weeks, appearing in 7 games. On December 6, 2013, Beach was traded to the New York Rangers for Brandon Mashinter. He was assigned to the Rangers AHL affiliate the Hartford Wolf Pack following the trade.
After 9 games with Salzburg in his second season with the club, Beach opted to terminate his contract and return to North America in signing a contract on November 25, 2015 with the Missouri Mavericks of the ECHL. After seven scoreless games with the club, Beach opted to rejoin the Austrian Hockey League with Graz 99ers on December 18, 2015.
In the 2016–17 season, Beach enjoyed his most productive season as a professional, compiling 30 goals and 45 points in 54 games with the 99ers. However, after a short playoff-run his contract with the 99ers was not renewed resulting in his release as a free agent.
On March 17, 2017, as a free agent Beach continued his tenure in the EBEL, agreeing to a two-year contract with EC VSV.
His younger brother, Cody Beach, was born August 8, 1992. Cody was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the 5th round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, and played as a prospect of the Blues in the American Hockey League with the Chicago Wolves. His cousin is Rich Harden, the Major League Baseball pitcher. As a child, his favorite player was Jarome Iginla.
|2013–14||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||39||2||5||7||58||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL||53||12||13||25||109||13||10||3||13||31|
|2015–16||EC Red Bull Salzburg||EBEL||9||1||0||1||31||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Beach, Kyle". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Hawks gamble with top pick Kyle Beach". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "Getting ready for the Beach". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- "Kyle Beach hockey statistics". HockeyDB.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Kyle Beach, Rangers". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Rangers acquire Beach in trade with Blackhawks". The Sports Network. December 6, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Kyle Beach". Elite Prospects. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "The news of the EBEL clubs at a glance". Laola1.at. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "MAVS SIGN FIRST ROUND NHL DRAFT PICK: KYLE BEACH". www.missourimavericks.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Squad decision for 2017-18" (in German). Graz 99ers. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2017-03-15.
- "Kyle Beach comes to Villach" (in German). EC VSV. 2017-03-17. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- "Cody Beach player profile". Eliteprospects.com. May 4, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Kyle Beach career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Kyle Beach's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- NHL Entry Draft 2008
|Awards and achievements|
|Chicago Blackhawks first round draft pick