Bekker playing for Toronto FC in 2013
|Full name||Kyle Edward Bekker|
|Date of birth||September 2, 1990|
|Place of birth||Oakville, Ontario, Canada|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Oakville Blue Stars|
|2006–2007||Mississauga Dixie Dominators|
|2009–2012||Boston College Eagles||80||(17)|
|2017||San Francisco Deltas||28||(3)|
|2018||North Carolina FC||33||(7)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 29, 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of January 22, 2017
Bekker was born in Oakville, Ontario and began his youth soccer career with the Oakville Bluestars, winning back-to-back Ontario Cup Championships in 2004 and 2005 and a National Championship in 2004. In 2006, he moved onto the Mississauga Dixie Dominators, where he won the Ontario Cup in 2006 and 2007 adding another National Championship in 2006. In 2007, he also played with Sigma FC, where in March of that year, his team played eight matches in the Netherlands against professional youth academies. His time over there earned him a trial with Ajax's youth academy, which ended up lasting six weeks until his inability to receive a European work permit led to his return to Canada.
At 18, helped Sigma FC climb the ranks for the Ontario Soccer League Men's Divisions. Over his four years in the OSL, Bekker scored 28 goals and registered 35 assists. He played with former Toronto FC teammate Emery Welshman during this period.
Bekker eventually received interest from colleges in the United States before accepting a scholarship to attend Boston College. During his four years at Boston College, Bekker played in 80 games, starting 79 of those, while scoring 17 goals and adding 22 assists. He picked up several awards on his way including ACC All-Freshman-Team in 2009 and ACC All-First-Team in 2011 and 2012.
Bekker trained with Toronto FC during the summer of 2011, and then trained with Montreal Impact and Seattle Sounders in the Summer of 2012. He had a trial with Crystal Palace in December 2012, before work permit issues led to signing a pro contract with MLS and entering the MLS Draft.
Bekker signed a contract with MLS on January 6, 2013. He was drafted third overall in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft by Toronto FC on January 17, 2013. Bekker made his debut for Toronto on March 2, in a 1-0 away defeat to Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
On January 21, 2015, Bekker was traded to FC Dallas in exchange for allocation money. He made his debut for Dallas as a substitute for Fabian Castillo on March 14 in a 3-1 victory against Sporting Kansas City.
San Francisco Deltas
After four seasons in MLS, Bekker signed with the San Francisco Deltas of the NASL. Bekker would win the 2017 Soccer Bowl with the Deltas in their inaugural season. The Deltas would cease operations three days after winning the Soccer Bowl, leaving Bekker to look for a new club.
North Carolina FC
Bekker has appeared on the Raleigh City Sports podcast twice. The first recording went missing which has been called "The Lost Tapes of Raleigh" 
Bekker played in the 2012 CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Tournament. On January 18, 2013, he received his first call up by the Canadian national team for friendlies against Denmark and United States. Bekker made his senior team debut as a starter against Denmark, the game ended in a 4-0 defeat. On June 27, 2013 Bekker was listed as a part of the confirmed 23-man squad for Colin Miller's Canada squad for 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- As of matches played on October 13, 2018
|San Francisco Deltas||2017||NASL||28||3||2||0||3||1||32||4|
|North Carolina FC||2018||USL||33||7||0||0||3||0||36||7|
|Canada national team|
- As of January 22, 2017
- "REGIONAL ID CAMP 2003 BOYS SELECTIONS". Archived from the original on 2013-06-15.
- "Boston College Athletics: Bekker, Kyle". www.bceagles.com.
- "Bekker signs MLS contract team TBD". www.sportsnet.ca.
- "MLS SuperDraft: Toronto land both their targets and more". January 17, 2013.
- MacMahon, Martin (March 2, 2013). "Reds Fall Short". Toronto FC. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Toronto FC trades MF Bekker to FC Dallas for allocation money - Article - TSN". January 20, 2015.
- "FC Dallas vs. Sporting Kansas City - MLS MatchCenter". March 14, 2015.
- "Montreal Impact trade Bakary Soumare to FC Dallas in exchange for Canadian international Kyle Bekker". July 16, 2015.
- "Impact exercises options for seven players". December 9, 2016.
- San Francisco Deltas (February 6, 2017). "Team News: Player Announcement". Medium.com.
- "San Francisco Deltas shut out New York Cosmosto win NASL title in front of home fans". NASL. November 12, 2017.
- Daniel Mano (November 15, 2017). "San Francisco soccer club folds after winning title in inaugural season". The Mercury News.
- Neil Davidson (29 November 2018). "Ledgerwood, Bekker highlight first wave of Canadian Premier League signings". Prince George Citizen. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Oliver Platt (January 11, 2019). "'We'll prove everyone wrong': Forge FC's Bekker leads charge for Canadians returning home". Canadian Premier League.
- "Canada MNT names young squad for January camp - Canada Soccer". www.canadasoccer.com.
- "Inexperienced Canada overpowered by Denmark". Canada Soccer Association. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Canada Finalize roster for Gold Cup, announces friendly". Canada Soccer. Retrieved June 29, 2013.
- "Kyle Bekker » Club matches". World Football. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- "K. Bekker". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved February 2, 2017.