Kyle Davies (soccer)
|Full name||Kyle Graham Davies|
|Date of birth||April 11, 1989|
|Place of birth||Danville, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2005–2006||IMG Soccer Academy|
|2009||Real Salt Lake||0||(0)|
|2011||Los Angeles Galaxy||0||(0)|
|2005–2006||United States U17||4||(0)|
|2006||United States U18||6||(0)|
|2006–2009||United States U20||18||(0)|
|2008||United States U23||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 4, 2012|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of August 4, 2012
Davies was a member of the US National U-17 Residency in Bradenton, FL and was expected to go play in college before entering the MLS SuperDraft. However, he was offered a contract with English side Southampton, who he joined in February 2007. Work permit issues weren't a problem due to having British parents. He was a consistent member of the youth and reserve setup at Southampton but never made a first-team appearance.
Nearing the end of his contract with Southampton, he was approached by MLS who signed him to a 4-year deal before entering him into a weighted lottery that would allocate him to a single participating MLS club. Real Salt Lake were the winners of the lottery and immediately signed him to their roster. On April 28, Davies was traded to FC Dallas for a second round draft pick in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft so RSL could have the room to re-sign Fabián Espíndola. He made his debut for Dallas on June 13, 2009, in a game against Houston Dynamo.
Davies was traded to Toronto FC on September 15, 2011 for Dasan Robinson. Davies made his debut as a second half sub for Doneil Henry on October 15 against Philadelphia Union, the game ended in a 1–1 away draw. Davies was waived by Toronto on November 23, 2011.
Davies was a captain for the United States Under-20 team during the 2009 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, starting all five games for the United States in the tournament. The team qualified for the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup taking place in Egypt, where Davies captained the team in the first and last games. He saw limited playing time, however, due to a head injury.
|England||League||Playoffs||League Cup||FA Cup||Total|
|United States||League||Playoffs||U.S. Open Cup||CONCACAF Champions League||Total|
|Real Salt Lake||MLS||2009||0||0||—||—||—||0||0|
|Los Angeles Galaxy||MLS||2011||0||0||—||—||—||0||0|
|Canada||League||Playoffs||Canadian Championship||CONCACAF Champions League||Total|
Last updated on September 21, 2011
- "FIFA U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009 – List of Players" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). p. 22. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- [dead link]
- "places defender Kyle Davies on waivers". FC Dallas. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "MLS Ticker: Galaxy signs Davies, Sinovic joins Sporting Kansas City and more | SBI Soccer". Soccerbyives.net. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "Toronto-Los Angeles Swap Defenders | Toronto FC". Torontofc.ca. 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- Dave Zeitlin (2011-10-15). "TFC Draws Union In Philadelphia | Toronto FC". Torontofc.ca. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- Joe Prince-Wright (2014-08-07). "Players waived as teams begin to shape rosters for 2012". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2012-04-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2009-05-01.
- [dead link]