Hartigan in April 2017
|Full name||Kyle Hartigan|
|Date of birth||7 November 1991|
|Original team(s)||Keilor (EDFL)
|Draft||No. 14, 2012 rookie draft|
|Debut||Round 18, 2013, Adelaide
vs. Fremantle, at Patersons Stadium
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Kyle Hartigan (born 7 November 1991) is a professional Australian rules football player who plays for the Adelaide Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). Hartigan was selected with the Crows' first pick, number 14 overall, in the 2012 Rookie Draft.
Overlooked in the 2009 national and rookie drafts as an 18-year-old, Hartigan was the subject of a tug-of-war between VFL teams Werribee and Williamstown; zoned to Williamstown, Hartigan wished to play for Werribee instead, to improve his chances of playing senior football and catching the eye of AFL recruiters looking for a mature prospect. Eventually the deal was done and Hartigan started playing for Werribee. He was invited to train with North Melbourne in the lead-up to the 2010 rookie draft, but was again overlooked. Finally, after three years playing for Werribee, Hartigan was drafted by Adelaide in the 2012 rookie draft.
Strong performances for SANFL club South Adelaide saw Hartigan promoted to the Crows senior list during his first season, as cover for injured defender Brent Reilly. Hartigan subsequently made his AFL debut against Fremantle in round 18, and went on to play three matches as a key defender, looking comfortable at AFL level. He played seven matches in 2014 before being dropped, and was in good form in the SANFL before suffering serious internal injuries in a collision with teammate Ben Rutten, which ruled him out for the rest of the season.
In 2015, Hartigan established himself in Adelaide's young backline with 18 matches, during which he stood some of the most dangerous key forwards in the AFL. At the end of the season he signed a two-year deal with Adelaide.
Following the conclusion of the 2016 season, Hartigan has been linked to Carlton Football Club as part of the Bryce Gibbs trade. Despite denials from Adelaide and his management, images emerged on social media of Hartigan meeting with Steven Trigg and his manager in South Yarra on the 17th October 2016.
During the 2017 season he signed a three-year deal with Adelaide.
- Statistics are correct to end of round 12, 2016
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Bednall, Jai (12 December 2012). "Werribee stint finally pays off for Adelaide Crows rookie Kyle Hartigan". The Advertiser.
- Jolly, Laura (9 March 2010). "VFL battle rages over former Western Jet Kyle Hartigan". Leader.
- Michell, Tim (29 November 2010). "VFL stars Myles Sewell and Steve Clifton press claims at North Melbourne". Herald Sun.
- "Crows upgrade rookie defender". AFC.com.au. Adelaide Football Club. 4 July 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Kyle Hartigan - AFC.com.au".
- Capel, Andrew (27 July 2014). "Adelaide defender Kyle Hartigan suffers serious internal injuries in SANFL clash after collision with teammate Ben Rutten". The Advertiser.
- Walsh, Scott (1 September 2015). "Tall defender Kyle Hartigan signs new deal with Adelaide Football Club". The Advertiser.
- Homfray, Reece (22 May 2017). "Adelaide Crows defender Kyle Hartigan signs three-year contract extension to stay with the club until at least 2020". The Advertiser.
- "AFL Tables - Kyle Hartigan statistics". AFL Tables.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kyle Hartigan.|