Kyle James Hauser
Kyle James Hauser
Kyle James Hauser
|Birth name||Kyle James Hauser|
|Born||March 14, 1985|
Kyle James Hauser is a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and singer. He was born in Alexandria, Virginia on March 14, 1985.
Hauser began performing his original songs in 2011 and that year was a finalist at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival's troubadour contest as well as The Rocky Mountain Folk Festival and made showcase performances at CMJ and The Toronto International Film Festival.
In January, 2012 he released his debut album "Oh Oh" on sonaBLAST! Records with a lineup including cellist Ben Sollee, guitarist Grant Gordy (David Grisman Quintet), producer Jayme Stone, and Grammy winning mastering engineer David Glasser. Songs from "Oh, Oh" have been featured on MTV's series 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom and in the feature films The Big Sick, Beauty Mark, Where Hope Grows, Creditors, YERT, 2nd Serve, and A Strange Brand of Happy among others. Hauser has since toured extensively, including a showcase at SXSW and opening performances for Brett Dennen, Leo Kottke, John Hiatt, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, The Head and the Heart, Mayer Hawthorne, Nathaniel Rateliff, Tennis (band), David Grisman, Sam Bush, Jake Shimabukuro, Thao & the Get Down Stay Down and Gregory Alan Isakov.
Hauser release his follow up album, "You A Thousand Times" in 2014. It reached the #1 position on Colorado Public Radio in March of that year. Following this he joined Colorado based band, "Rapidgrass" releasing two albums in 2014 and 2015 and touring internationally, notably headlining the La Roche Bluegrass Festival in France summer of 2016. In the fall of 2015 Hauser co-wrote a ballet with the Louisville Ballet.
Hauser currently works at the groundbreaking incubator The Music District and teaches in the online songwriting department for Berklee College Of Music.
Also Appears on
- Crooked Road - Rapidgrass Quintet (banjo/voice/songwriting, 2015)
- Belle 100 Steamboat Songs (sonaBLAST! Records, 2014)
- Self Titled - Rapidgrass Quintet (banjo/voice, 2014)
- Self Titled - Lee Ave (producer/guitar/voice, 2012)
- Live for Today - The Drunken Hearts (banjo, 2012)
- Lexicon - Will Knox (banjo, 2012)
- Misfit - Rob Roper (banjo, 2011)
- The Matador and the Acrobat - Will Knox (banjo, 2010)
- Self Titled - Head for the Hills (banjo, 2010)
- Unpredictable - John McVey (banjo, 2010)
- Hearts, Words and Other Forgotten Things - Ayo Awosika (banjo, 2009)
- Another City - Brooke Parrott (banjo, 2008)
- Buckled Knees - Will Knox (banjo, 2007)
- Self Titled - Caitlin Nicol-Thomas (banjo, 2007)
- Last Call Poets - Audible Audities (banjo, 2007)
- Self Titled - Johnny Vs The Ninjas (guitar/vocals, 2006)
Music in Film and TV
- The Big Sick (Apatow Productions, 2017)
- Beauty Mark (The Group Entertainment, 2017)
- Lazy Eye (T42 Entertainment, 2016)
- Split (Derby City Productions, 2016)
- Where Hope Grows (Lionsgate Entertainment, 2015, Sony Pictures, 2016)
- End Of The Line (Wilder Productions, 2015)
- Creditors (Tough Dance Productions, 2015)
- A Strange Brand of Happy (Rebel Pilgrim Productions, 2013)
- 2nd Serve (The Group Entertainment, 2013)
- YERT (Media Changing Media, 2012)
- Jessica Adkins, "Free Download: Kyle James Hauser, "Hopeless", American Songwriter. January 26th, 2012
- Artist of the Week: Kyle James Hauser July 11, 2012 0 (2012-07-11). "Illegal Pete's". Illegalpetes.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-09. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Sickler, Linda (2013-04-11). "Kyle James Hauser to make Savannah debut at Sentient Bean". savannahnow.com. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Kyle James Hauser, "Long Gone" Planet Bluegrass, Soundcloud. May 20th, 2011
- TD Wenger, "Rock Mountain Folks Festival August 19th-20th-21st Planet Bluegrass Ranch" Listen Up Denver. August 29th, 2011
- "CMJ Music Marathon: Kyle James Hauser". Cmj2011.sched.org. 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "'Featured Artist,' Kyle James Hauser, "Oh Oh" ::". Thetroubadoursroad.com. 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Kyle James Hauser visits OpenAir | OpenAir". Openaircpr.org. 2012-04-05. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Brian F. Johnson, "Industry Profile: Airshow Mastering's Chief Engineer Turns The Knobs For The Best" Marquee Magazine. Jan. 1st, 2007
- Josiah M. Hesse (2012-03-20). "Kyle James Hauser - Page 1 - Music - Denver". Westword. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Music from 16 and Pregnant Season 4 Premiere". Soundtrack.mtv.com. 2012-03-27. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Music from Teen Mom Episode 7 Season 4". Soundtrack.mtv.com. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "music — A Strange Brand of Happy". Strangehappymovie.com. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Leo Kottke - Tickets - The Armory - Fort Collins, CO - October 20th, 2018". The Armory. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- "sonaBLAST! Records - Artist: Kyle James Hauser - Louisville, KY - New York - Independent Record Label". Thegreenbuilding.net. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Kyle James Hauser. "Music School". Swallow Hill Music. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Kyle James Hauser. "metrowestpetpantry". Swallow Hill Music. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Bill DeYoung. "Twin Tigers rock, Kyle James Hauser rolls | The Music Column | Connect Savannah - News | Arts | Music | Restaurants". Connect Savannah. Retrieved 2013-05-09.