Kyle Johnson (basketball)
|No. 1 – London Lightning|
31 December 1988 |
|Nationality||Canadian / British|
|Listed height||1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Listed weight||88 kg (194 lb)|
|High school||West Hill Collegiate Institute
|College||LIU Brooklyn (2007–2011)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kyle Johnson (born 31 December 1988) is a Canadian-born British basketball player who playes for the London Lightning in the National Basketball League of Canada. Born in Scarborough, Ontario, Johnson played for West Hill Collegiate Institute before enrolling to LIU Brooklyn to play college basketball. After graduating from college, he has played professionally in Europe and Canada.
Coming from West Hill Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Johnson's college career spanned four season where he averaged 11.6 points per game whilst making a Long Island University record 124 appearances. As a freshman, he was named in the NEC all-rookie team. During his senior year Johnson helped the Blackbirds to a 27-6 record, Win the 2011 Northeast Conference Men's Basketball Tournament and an appearance in the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament. He ranks 11th all-time at the school in scoring (1,433) and is second in both three-pointers made (240) and attempted (666).
In September 2011 he signed a contract with Ilysiakos in Greece, but in November 2011 he moved to Cypriot club APOEL. He then played one season with Sutor Montegranaro. In November 2013, he signed with Basket Ferentino. He was waived on 18 December 2013. On 23 December 2013 he signed with Vanoli Cremona. On March 25, 2015, he signed with Pallacanestro Biella of the Serie A2 Basket. In December 2015 he joined Pallacanestro Cantù of the Lega Basket, but he left the team in February 2016 to join Junior Casale.
On 29 December 2016, Johnson signed with London Lightning of the National Basketball League of Canada. In 5 February 2017, he set the points and field goals made record for the London Lightning, as he scored 51 points on 17-of-21 field goals to help his team win 146–102 against the Moncton Miracles.
- "Kyle Johnson". Times Newspapers.
- "Robert Morriss' Tony Lee chosen NEC Men's basketball Player of the Year". NEC. March 5, 2008.
- "LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds - Kyle Johnson Added to Great Britain Senior Men's Team Roster". Liuathletics.com. 8 February 2011.
- Ilysiakos lands rookie Kyle Johnson
- "FMC Ferentino officially signs Kyle Johnson". Sportando.net. 13 November 2013. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Ferentino waives Kyle Johnson". Sportando.net. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Vanoli Cremona signs Kyle Johsnon". Sportando.net. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Angelico Biella announces Kyle Johnson
- "Cantù, ora è ufficiale Ingaggiato Kyle Johnson" (in Italian). Como: La Provincia. December 17, 2015.
- "Ufficiale: Kyle Johnson è un nuovo giocatore della Junior Casale" (in Italian). basketuniverso.it. February 12, 2016.
- Gains, Bradley (December 29, 2016). "Kyle Johnson Joins London Lightning in Canada". Hoopsfix.co.
- Dalla Costa, Morris (February 5, 2016). "Record setting night for Lightning's Johnson". London Free Press.
- Basketball, British. "Great Britain Basketball - News : GB TOP GROUP C AFTER WIN AGAINST CROATIA". Gameongb.com.